Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

Default should i get a treadmill? do you all have one?

ok so...i am sooooooo frustrated that when i want to go workout, i cant use my gym, i go to school at OU and like on game days, the gym is open for 1 hour, and all the other days its opened at normal times. but sometimes it would be much easier if i just had one in my house!!! so i could just wake up run to the next room get my 45 minutes of exercise...and then not be late for work becuase i didnt have to allow time to drive back from the gym and take a shower! it would be so much easier if i just had one in the house, but here is my question. do you all have one in your home? is that a smart thing to do? should i get a used one? or cough up the 3 or 4 hundred dollars to get a new basic one from walmart? what do you think? thoughts comments, tips, ill accept anything just let me know what you think. is it a good investment?
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Mine was absolutely the right decision! But it all comes down to what you believe you will honestly and truthfully do with it. If you think there's even the possibility that it will become a clothes rack, then keep the gym membership. Also, if you use the other parts of the gym like classes and weights, then a treadmill may not do it for ya.
Also, a 300-400 one may not be enough quality-wise. Mine was $1000 and it's a mid range. nothing too fancy. Anything cheaper had horrible reviews as to quality and/or it was small. Although i saw a treadmill for $499 ($1000 off) in a Canadian Tire flyer yesterday that was the same size and brand as the one i have -- so it's of course not true in all cases. Just gotta keep your eye out.

But, i love having the convenience of being able to come home, hop on the treadmill immediately and be all showered up and ready for dinner an hour later. I know for a fact that I wasn't able to do that with the gym and normally skipped out on it for that reason. Let us know what you end up doing.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i dont have one at home, but the treadmill has become one of my favourite pieces of gym equipment at my gym. I would rather run than cross train (but i still like to pump some weights too ). Ive found it good for motivation, its easy to find a fun run etc in your area to train for, and its easy to use the treadmill to train. But this is just my experience
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Getting a treadmill is one of the best decisions i've made. Like you said, it's there when you have time to exercise. But they can be a bit pricey, so you really have to make the decision that you are going to use it. i prefer to walk outside in the summer time, but I use it all winter, when it rains, when it's too hot...
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i been having the same thoughts....
i want a treadmill really badly....
and might actually buy on this month....
well go halfs for one with the brother....
i had one before but i had to sell due to storage problems....
i now have my own gym shed so it wud fit in there perfect!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

another option would be to go to a gym that has better hours. i imagine the gym you are using now is free b/c it's w/ the school, but if you'd plunk down the money for a treadmill, a gym membership could also be an option. I'd love to have a treadmill but it's just not feasible where I live and I don't have enough money to get a decent one.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I've been looking on craigslist at recumbent bikes and treadmills. I found a really good one but someone bought it before I could get to it. I know I will use it as I had one when I lived with my parents and I used it quite a bit. The one I saw on craiglist was basically the same thing. I don't want to fork over a lot of money either so Ive just been looking at used. I really don't want the stupid thing in my sunroom but it's winter now and going out to walk/run is not going to happen. I could really really use something right in the house that is convient.

I would say if you have a place to put it, go for it. Definately do look as used though because you can find a lot of those coat hanger models on craiglist. Haha. Just be careful about making sure it works well and of course, be careful aboug going to anyone home to look at them. Don't go alone, etc.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 11-28-2008 at 05:06 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE my treadmill!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #9  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I have a treadmill too. I love it because it takes away my 'can't make it to the gym excuse'. You might have to spend a bit more than that for lasting quality. I bought one for $800 and they shipped it to me broken. It was supposed to be brand new and it was used (though they told me it wasn't even when the other person's receipt was in the box) So after returning it, I did some research and found SOLE treadmill. Its gym quality and I think they use them in hotels. It's a little fancy. Cost about $1,400, but the warranty is really good and it was worth every dollar.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6.5

Best investment I ever made was my treadmill!!!!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote