Old 12-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Angry Ugh Boyfriends Are So Annoying

Well I feel pretty bad about myself because I gained like 5 pounds in the past month. I know that's not a hard thing to do especially because of thanksgiving, and I know its my fault. But still, you never feel especially good when you consciously make bad food choices and then suffer the consequences of gaining weight. I used to be quite a bit heavier (I weighed 166 in high school.. like 3 years ago maybe) and I'm always afraid I'm going to gain that weight back. As a result, I have stretch marks all over . Anyway, the point of this paragraph is I'm just generally feeling low.
Anyway, My boyfriend of 6 months is going out with his friends for his 21st birthday.. which usually I wouldn't care. BUT, his friend is going to WINGHOUSE!! Which is kind of like hooters from what I understand (skinny, hot girls with huge boobs). It makes me want to go downstairs and eat a tub of eurocream (which is this delicious milk and white chocolate smear stuff) and not do anything else. I'm so mad!! Why do men think its so exciting to go look at hot girls?? Its just so shallow and annoying!! They don't have places where only hot guys work without their shirts on! And if they did, would boyfriends and husbands even let us go??? Probably not!!! UGH. Its not that I think my boyfriend will cheat on me, its just the fact that he wants to go and look at hot scantily clad girls who are hotter than me. I'm so frustrated.
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

I don't know if I would necessarily think that he is going to only go and look at scantily clad women, but I understand your frustration( Maybe they really have good wings...lol). If your boyfriend wasn't happy with you then he wouldn't be with you. I'm sure you are beautiful and are just feeling a little low. I know the eurocream sounds good (which I had never heard of but sounds like heaven!) but turn that craving into something positive. Maybe take a walk to burn the frustration away and then try and talk to your boyfriend. Perhaps he will see how frustrating it is for you and choose to go to another bar to celebrate his birthday. I hope you feel better soon!
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #3  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad i got over that years ago. It never really bothered me - I used to drive my boyfriend (now husband) and his friends to the strip bar while we were in University. They all wondered where he found me - they were all envious because their girlfriends would get jealous.

He doesn't even bother to go anymore. That being said, I know people who are chronic strip bar people who are there ALL the time. I think it is pretty sad to waste time and money on naked girls.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I always tell me hubby that if he shoving $20 bills down anyones thong it had better be mine! And if he's up for paying $15 for a crappy hamburger served to him by some gal wearing a bra, I would be glad to oblige.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

it could just be a curiosity thing, not just because they're hotter than you. He probably just wants to be "one of the boys", and doesnt mean to slight you with it

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 12-02-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

men like to look at beautiful women, just like women like to look at beautiful men. I can't rent a ryan gosling movie just to look at his beautifulness and then complain if my boyfriend says an actress is hot. But of course there is respect... if my boyfriend were to blatently be checking out another girl in front of me (which he never has), well I would have something to say about it, because that is a matter of respect.

Coolgirl, you look like a beautiful girl and I'm sure your boyfriend thinks so too. But seriously, I don't really blame you for getting a little irked about the hooters-type place, but the best thing to do is to just shrug it off, it doesn't mean anything.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/281/150

Height: 5'7

I think Brandy had some very positive advice there. Turn your frustration into something positive... Just like he is out with his friends, invite some girlfriends over to watch a great movie. No need to sulk. If he's anything like my husband, he really went to just eat wings, watch football reruns and drink a beer with his friends (the half naked women just work there). And remember, he chose you to be his girlfriend, and YOU don't work there!! Like most men, they want to look at a stripper, not take her home.
RachluvsFashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

All men are like that.. some more than most..
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Thanks for the comments ladies, I'm still really upset though and I have two finals tomorrow so I need to be studying but all I can do is think about how pissed off I am. UGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #10  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

go to chippendales!!!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Coolgirl, You are a gorgeous girl and I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm with ladyfyre, I don't care about my bf looking at strippers because they are just that. And men are just men. They are visual creatures and can't help but look.

I will give you a quote my bf told me when we first started dating about boobs, he said, "I can't help it, i'm a guy. If an 80 year old woman took her shirt off I'd still look at her boobs. Would I like them? probably not, but I'd still check em out" And my bf is very respectful of me, and I know he loves me and I could care less if he finds other girls attractive.

Don't let it get you down. Its just a guy thing, and you know what...the hooters around here, the girls are more disgusting than attractive anyway! Most of the time guys just wanna laugh about how trampy the girls are and how they aren't even that attractive to begin with. You're way too cute to even let it bother you.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I used to date a marine, and I know its completely against the rules of the military, but he was a stripper before we dated. He did mostly private stuff like bachelorette parties and stuff but the stories he told me gave me a whole new insight when it came to men and strip clubs. Women are 10 times more disgusting and out of control than the majority of men. He used to have girls grab his ***** and put it places and rip their clothes off and throw them at him. Most men just watch when they go to strip clubs, women get downright raunchy. I like knowing men aren't allowed to try those things, and from what I understand, aren't interested in it. They just wanna look! I can't complain because I"m not comfortable enough with my body to parade it around naked like those girls do. Once I am though he better watch out!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #13  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

If you don't like it, then tell him you don't like it.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #14  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

have you ever listened to a group of men talk about women, i.e. strippers, hookers, etc. it's not very pretty. believe me, you don't want to be considered on that same level. most men love to degrade women, and they feel entitled when it's strippers, etc.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #15  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tst8sIfrNvg

6 minutes and 40 seconds. Skip to that part. GO.

Holy **** is it EVER hard to not feel annoyed that your boyfriend WANTS to go look at half-naked chicks.
Okay, let's be honest here. Does he look at them? Probably. Does he think they're hot? Oh, probably. Does he hit on them? Ehh, I doubt it. Does he want to go home to them at night? Even less likely.
Better yet... Does he love you? I'd bet money on it. Would he trade you up for some blond big-boobed bimbo for a million dollars? I seriously... seriously don't think so.

It's hard for us ladies to rationalize things like this. Sure, I can tell my boyfriend that Colin Farrell's hotness was half of my inspiration for visiting Ireland in the first place, and that Johnathan Rhys Meyers is drop-dead gorgeous (notice the Irish trend...), but when he talks about the hotness of an actress, or asks why on EARTH my friend Tarik would break up with his gorgeous girlfriend Sasha, I feel that blinding twinge of jealousy.

Here's the thing... even if you don't talk about/look at hot guys to give him the excuse to talk about or look at hot girls... at some point you have to try to let go. Know that your man may look, and he may enjoy. But at the end of the day, he's coming home to you, and he's HAPPY to be coming home to you. Seriously? For men, going to places like that is nothing more than a show of masculinity. Proof to each other that they're man enough to desire going to a place where the waitresses are scantily clad.
In this day and age with the internet... they don't need a scantily clad waitress, there are NAKED ones for free on the net with the click of a mouse. But if one of their guy friends says, "Yo man, let's go to _______ for some... uhh... wings... ", odds are they're gonna say, "**** yes. " because, "Gee man, I just don't feel up to looking at hot chicks tonight, and P.S., I love my girlfriend" just doesn't have that MACHO ring to it.

...I'm not sure if any of that was coherent, or topical, I think it may just have been more of a ramble of my random thoughts, that didn't help you at all...

The best revenge I've found? Find a skirt and a top, and some high heels that combined make you look like a sex bomb... and go out with the girls to a club without your boyfriend. It often leaves him sitting there at home thinking about the guys who'll be at the club that night, standing on the sidelines of the dance floor and eyeing you.

Finally... my best friend Andie has a saying. "Girls are crazy, and guys are stupid." Essentially, the theory is that men and women simply don't understand each other... women are emotional, so guys think they're crazy. Guys are unaware, so girls think they're stupid. (Gross generalizations, I know, but still. Often applicable.)
You think your boyfriend is currently being stupid. The reality of the situation is that he probably has NO idea how much his doing something like this affects you emotionally considering the insecurities you (and all of us chicas at 3FC often) have.
And... unfortunately, if you get angry at him, he won't think, "Oh poor thing, she's insecure, " he's much more likely to think, "Ok, girls are f*cking crazy."
...which makes boys stupid.
Try not to let the little things drive you nuts.

And of course the other ladies have already said it, but... damn girl. You look like a fox.

Last edited by Jelbb; 12-03-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote