Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Sick

I know we've talked about this 809000 times but I'm really not in the mood to search through a bunch of posts... I feel myself coming down with a cold and my throat is starting to get scratchy already.... workout tonight, or relax?
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

Im right there with you! i got sick yesterday and I am just going to take it easy over the weekend and hopefully that will help it go away faster. so, i can get back to it on monday good luck, and i hope you feel better
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

personally, i would say relax but u would probably be fine working out if your cold isnt affecting you above the neck or something. Or was it below the neck?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm no doctor, but I've heard that if you're not coughing like crazy (which will make it hard to breathe) or having stomach issues, it's fine to exercise while slightly sick.

However, experience-wise, I know that if I exercise while sick, I'll end up exhausted. So I tend to just do some walking or relaxed biking or something, and plan on resuming as soon as I'm healthy.

Feel better soon!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #5  
Workin' It

I'm right there with you - I have an upper respiratory infection, have been sick since Monday afternoon. Exercised Mon, Tues, not Wed, got a steroid shot on Thurs & did some yoga, can't stop coughing at night so have only slept a few hours since Thursday night. Didn't exercise yesterday, am sitting here now trying to decide if I should make myself do something today. I'm afraid that the coughing will make it too hard to breathe.

I will tell you that I feel exhausted, so it is probably wise for me to take today off too. Not a bad idea for you either - take a couple of days to rest and maybe you will head the sick off before it settles in. And, that is really hard for me to say, as I'm a little crazy obsessed with exercise at this point. Earlier this week I might have said differently, but after six days of sick I'm seeing from a slightly different angle.

Feel better!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #6  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Maybe you can just exercise as far as you feel up to it. Maybe elliptical or fitness is out of question, but you could just take a nice walk (fresh air often helps with illness too). You have to listen to your body - we cannot decide for you!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote