Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Angry Tight pants!!!

I woke up this morning and went on the scale and I gained a lb!!!! I did go OffProgram 2 days this week, but then I did fantastic for 2 days after. What gives??? I tried on some pre-fat jeans and I could barely button them. I thought I was making progress.

I honestly feel like I work so hard and see no results. It is like what's the point? I feel like I have been dieting for a year and haven't really lost any weight. Ugh!!!!!!! I am extremely frustrated. I feel so down (plus this weather is crap and is adding to my crappy mood!!!)

Sorry just had to rant. I need this BL challenge to boost my confidence and keep my motivated. I can't believe the holidays are rapidly approaching and I haven't made so much as a dent in my weight loss progress. I keep saying to myself... what have I been doing the past several months? Wasting time i guess. boo!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Well, you could have been gaining. Seriously. And you would certainly be less healthy.

No matter how much we've lost, or how much healthier and stronger we've gotten, we all still have days like this . It's worth it to keep going! The feeling will pass.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #3  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Maybe your belly is just a bit bloated? Don't let it get too much of a reign over you. The scale doesn't matter - you being on plan matters! If you have done that right you can go throw that scale through the bathroom window for all I care. It's just a measurement tool. Nothing more, nothing less. You are a great girl and you can do this <3
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #4  
Loves horses and bikes

S/C/G: 169/144/134

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry about it too much. Keep everything in perspective, and remember that one day is just that: one day. If you keep up the great work, the rest will follow.
Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Were the pants just washed? And is your TOM coming up? and also that pound could be water .either way if you are working hard you will see results no matter what the scale tells you today.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #6  

My pants were definitely not just washed. I do still have my period (it has been over 2 weeks long already!!!) I am not going to lie.. I felt depressed and ate brownies and peanut butter with crackers.
But then I got to thinking.. pigging out is not going to get me closer to goal. So instead of letting the rest of my day turn to s*** I tried out my new tae bo dvd which was AMAZING!!!!!! I was dripping with sweat.
Having a good work-out totally changes my perspective. I just wish I could remember right before I am about to binge that it is so not worth it.
thanks for the support!

Last edited by JessieCat; 11-15-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

You've been "dieting" for a year and haven't lost weight? What are you doing? There could be a problem in your diet (eating too much/too little) or a medical issue.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #8  

By dieting I mean I do well for a few days or a week or so, then I give into hunger or temptation or something else naughty and I sabotage myself and gain back what I have lost. I have been yo-yoing for a very long time with about 15 lbs. Right now, I am down 5, but want to lose 10. And 10 is not that hard to lose but for me it is. I have been doing this for a very long time and my patience has run very thin. I don't know why I constantly self-sabotage. I just get discouraged easily if I dont see the results i want. I know that results take time.. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I think I can really do this.. I just have to give it time!
So this new BL challenge came at a perfect time. I just lack the motivation I suppose to follow through enough to see some real results. OK no more excuses.. I have to do this!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #9  

Dont worry Jess, I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I drop down to 165, I gain it back again. It's extremly hard, but the one thing I continue to tell/ask myself is this what I really want? I know it wont make it happy while I eat it or after I've finished.

I know this may seem weird and it depresses me like crazy, but when I want to have some Ben & Jerry's I try on my goal jeans. I get really more motivated to push myself to be able to fit in those jeans!
loveLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #10  

Thanks loveLauren.. I will try that. My goal jeans are insanely tight on me so hopefully that will work. I think yo-yo'ing is very unhealthy and I am committed this time to stopping. thanks again!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Two things:

First, the last 10 pounds are hard to lose for most people, not easy. So don't set yourself up by thinking you're having a rougher time of it than most.

Second, maybe you're trying to eat in a way that's just not that sustainable for you. There are so many ways to approach healthy eating that don't leave you feeling deprived and vulnerable to binges - ways that require you to ignore hunger. Or view foods on two extremes - good vs. naught/sabotage.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote