Old 11-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Angry OT Rant

Ugh. Okay so here is the deal. I am in college and home is 2 hours away. I go home every other weekend. The cost of just parking my car at school is RIDICULOUS, but I don't think I could handle never going home so I just deal with it. Anyway, my roommate's house is about 15 minutes away from my own, so when I go home on the weekends she usually comes with me. She will generally pay for a full tank of gas about once a month. So far this year I leave school at 3pm on Friday and will leave home to go back to school around 9am Monday morning.

So this weekend a girl from our dorm decided to come home with us and stay at my roommate's house. She is a guest, and yet she's been trying to change my schedule all around. So last week she comes to me and says she knows I usually don't come back til Monday but she really needs to be back early Sunday evenning. I figured I could come back early one weekend and it wouldn't be a big deal. So we settled on leaving home Sunday at 6pm.

So this morning my roommate texts me asking what time we're leaving, I tell her 6. Then she texts me saying her parents won't be home, so she won't have a ride to meet me where we usually meet. Which means I have to go pick her and our friend up at her house which is 15-20 minutes the opposite direction. THEN she texts me saying "Hey we want to leave at 5?" I flat out said no. Then the friend texts me and says "hey I have a journalism project that is due Tuesday and I need to get back and work on it." I was so mad that this girl who is just a guest is trying to change everything around. If she knew she needed to be back that early why the **** did she come with us this weekend? So I lied and said I had plans with my parents til 6. Even though it is just one hour difference, I feel like the principle of it is important. I'm the one with the car, I'm the one doing them a favor, therefore we're on my schedule.

Anyway, that is a REALLY long rant and I'm sorry but I needed to get it out. Oh ya, and this friend never mentioned giving me any money for gas so I texted them saying "so are you guys planning on giving me any gas money?" And they haven't responded yet. I'm not planning on making it awkward, and I don't want to make it a big deal but I'm just really annoyed.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I totally agree with you! I would def be pissed. IF I am ever getting a ride with someone, I totally adapt to their schedule, and if it doesn't work for me, then I don't get a ride.
That is rude of your friend. They should drive themselves!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #3  
Little Black Dress Bound

I agree, however neither of them have cars. I'm almost tempted to tell them to take the bus to my house so I don't have to drive the 15 minutes in the opposite direction to her house, but I dunno, that seems rude.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #4  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

If it was ME, I would tell them too bad. You are the one with the car, and they already agreed to stay until Monday, and now they are trying to switch it up on you. And it is NOT rude AT ALL to ask for gas money. YOU are driving, YOU are using YOUR car, the least they could do is pay for gas.
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

They're being really inconsiderate. You have all the rights to be pissed off about it. HOW RUDE!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Amen to everything above. While it is only an hour like you said, that is so not the issue at all. I think you have every reason to ask them for gas money. If they don't pay you, simply say the arrangement of you driving them around is not working out and cut that tie. Not to be blunt, but to spend less time with either of them doesn't sound like a huge loss. Good luck.
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I say you get it over with and NEVER do it again. Don't inconvenience yourself for them if they cannot even be considerate. Just be nice and cordial; drive them home (knowing the whole time you wont be in the perdictament again). Next time they ask, tell them (the one swapping times around) that you won't be able to switch your schedule and that you can't take her anymore (only if she asks again). If she persists that she wont do it again..still refuse because things happen and you cant take the chance that she will do this again! Oh well, lesson learned. Enjoy the rest of your week, though!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #8  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

oh my gosh, that happens to me all the time! since i am from nyc most of my friends don't have cars. i'm fine driving them around if they are willing to contribute and don't try to make me do any unscedualed stops...but that always seems to be a problem, especially for one girl! this may not be that helpful, but at least you know that i share the exsact same feeling with you.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #9  
Little Black Dress Bound

Thank you all for your advice. I definitely agree with RoyalAthena, I did get it over with but I don't want to be giving her rides anymore. ESPECIALLY since they both decided to sit in the back, so I was alone in the front seat the whole 2 hours, as if I'm their driver. I don't think so. I'm not as annoyed as I was earlier, I think because I've decided that it isn't going to happen to me again.

mescelestus I know it isn't fair! I mean, I'm willing to be generous but some people just ask way too much. They should be grateful for what they can get.

Last edited by DRose; 11-16-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #10  

....they both sat in the back seat? I'm sorry, that's INCREDIBLY rude. Yeah, I'd def ask for some gas money, then cut ties. Let them hail a taxi for their next 2-hour trip. Go be with your family and have a good time with them...I wouldn't worry about your "friends".
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Some people just love to milk you for what you're worth.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote