Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #16  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Arlene Dallas- Girl, you gotta just pick yourself up and realize how much better you'll feel when you work out and eat right rather than stuff your face with mood ruining foods (bad carbs, etc). Granted, there is a time to grieve but maybe try to translate that grieving into workout pain rather than eating pain. You are awesome, you can do this. Good luck this weekend!! We'll all be here for you.

I'm joining this chat because I have been SO not good the last 2 days, I've been stuffing my face, too! NOW please someone give me a swift kick in the rear. I seriously need that pep talk, guys!! hahahaha I have been SO not motivated the last couple of days, and today I even caught myself thinking "This is so not worth it. I'm all right being overweight, I think I'll just stay this way." HELLO?! What is wrong with me!?!??!?! I'm so grateful you started this thread!!!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #17  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

ps Arlene Dallas- I hope that wasn't rude of me. I just noticed you have come so far in your weight loss, don't let that man have any control over messing it up! You are strong and you have that will power inside of you. That's all I was saying, haha! Sometimes I worry I come across a little harshly so I apologize if I did!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 AM   #18  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my saturday has started with a cherry muller light yogurt (94 cals)....
i shall workout later, prolly do my DVD and two Turbo Jam sessions....
lunch is vegetable stir fry (50 cals) plus some turkey breast (106 cals)....
and i shall finish the day off with a small jacket potato (245 cals) with baked beans (130 cals)....
well thats the plan anyway!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, my Saturday's only just started too and I've only just woken up, though I'd like to go back to sleep

Haven't had any breakfast yet but I'm going shopping in a bit so will buy something there. I'm making a list so I don't get tempted to buy stuff I don't need. Weekend should be ok, though I'm off out to a fireworks party tonight at a friends house. Apparently there's going to be loads of food there so I'm planning to have dinner before I go so I don't end up eating loads tonight. I'll have to find a way to work some vodka into my diet today too

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning so I did it this morning instead and was really pleased to see that I'm 1.3lbs down from my ticker My ticker's been lying to me for a while too, I was really about 2lbs heavier than it said I was but now I can finally put it down again! Means it's about a 3lbs loss this week so I'm going to try really hard this weekend not to undo everything
Anti222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Wow this weekend support is fantastic!!!! I usually end up slipping up on the weekends which sends me in to a terrible eating binge where I can't stop for days and I undo everything I worked so hard all week for (ie exercise every day and eat healthy).

I am alone this weekend for the first time in 2 months. No visitors, no weddings, just a relaxing weekend. It is easier for me to stay on plan when I am by myself or with my BF. Last weekend, my parents were here and we ate out 3 times, got homemade apple pies and donuts.. it was awful as far as calories go.

I hope everyone's weekend is successful and relaxing!!!!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #21  
Little Miss Random

my days going pretty well....
i ate lunch at 13.00 and ate what i stated above....
i have finished my workouts for the day....

i am currently putting togethere a document for the school i work at....
to help persuade them to put me onto a course that i really want to do....
it wont benefit me within the school much, but it will externally....
and if i can get the school to pay for it then im certainly going to try!....

i feel so motivated at the moment, finding this course is what i really needed....
could give me a whole new future!....
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

SO far so good i had oatmeal this morning

We're having a family BBQ which i guess is better than any other food. lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #23  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Yay, weekend support! I'm excited for this weekend, but tonight is certainly going to be an interesting night... One of my friends who goes to a nearby school is coming to visit, and we are both going to another very good friend's a cappella group's concert (yea!) as well as the afterparty--which will most likely include copious amounts of alcohol, which I will most likely drink. Now, I don't have any problems monitoring my alcohol intake (my addiction is to food, not alcohol ) BUT I do find that I always make very poor eating choices after I've had a few beers... It becomes 1000x easier to justify buying a candy bar or a pint of ice cream or something from our student convenience store at 2:00AM. It's a vicious cycle, and I know I'd be better off avoiding alcohol in the first place, and I usually do--but it's been at least a month or so since I've had any, and tonight is a somewhat special occasion, so I don't feel bad about having a few empty calories, hah. My only concern is that I'll start shoving MORE calories into my mouth because of impaired judgment or what-have-you. I'm hoping that if I write about it here and call myself out on this bad behavior, if I get tempted later, I'll be able to recognize what I'm doing and STOP. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the scale was very good to me today (202.2 lbs! Woohoo!) so the last thing I want is to undo all the leaps and bounds of progress I made this week!

Wish me luck, ladies!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #24  
Little Miss Random

my boyfriend is currently trying to pressure me into drinking smirnoff ice....
i just had a huge rant at him, whats the point in him trying to pressure me....
when im not going to touch any of it anyway....
i just dont have the urge to drink anymore....
especially on a cold evening when the drink has been in the fridge!....

Im starting to feel a little bit get at now today....
i put a post up about knowing when to stop, asking for advice....
and it seems people just want to use it to have a pop at my eating habbits....
and me....
I eat for my body, I eat when I am hungry and when Im not I dont....
Its as simple as that, why should I eat when Im not hungry?!....
Old 11-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #25  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

sh3: i think it's becuz everyone is worrying about you and your eating habit. It just seems that you aren't eating enough. But if you certainly that you're eating enough (1200+ calories) per day then don't worry. But if you're below that, i think you should consider everyone's advises. In the end, your body is yours and no one can understand it better than you're, right

i'd been off exercises track quite bad, and food. I haven't been eating enough this past week and haven't been exercising enough either. I skipped 4 days without doing any exercises. But i've back on track since yesterday and hope i'll do good from now on. This weekend won't be anything fun, but will just sleep pretty much all of the time. It's getting cold and i just can't seem to resist my bed. lol
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #26  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

SH3l5- I'm very sorry if I came off as pushy. I know I have a habit of that sometimes, but I'm just concerned. I really apologize if I hurt your feelings

I think we just want to make sure you're ok. It's not about eating when you're hungry necessarily, but eating to make sure your body has the proper nutrition to function. That's all I meant. I also know people have a tendency to focus soley on the number on the scale and I wish I hadn't wasted so much time doing that. I guess I'm just a little zealous about wanting to share with you what I've learned.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #27  
Little Miss Random

its ok....
i appreciate people are worried but i dont see that there is anything to worry about....
i mean i feel fine, i function fine, i dont have any health problems....
am even going to go to the doctors to get my official height....
so im going to discuss everything with her and see what happens....

i have got a bad habbit of taking what people say to heart....

Last edited by sh3l5; 11-08-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

sh3l5 - sorry also if I upset you. When you go to the doc, maybe take in a few days records of what you ate and look over it with her? She can give you an official opinion about your nutrition, we all want you to be healthy!

My weekend is going to stink. Last night BF and I went out to Fridays, I have a salad, a handful of french fries, some little chicken strip/bites things, and 1 1/2 cookeis for dinne. Bad stuff!

And today is one of my best friends Bdays, so we'll be going to the bars.... at least i'll be in minneapolis, and I'll have no idea where to get food because I'm not from there! So I won't be doing any drunk eating..... hah.

I think I'll save my dinner calories for the alcohol, have me a liquid dinner, anyone ever do this?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #29  
Little Miss Random

my weekends been good so far, stuck to my beans and baked potato plan for tea....
tomorrow will be a different day....
we always have roast dinners on a Sunday....
Old 11-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #30  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
ps Arlene Dallas- I hope that wasn't rude of me. I just noticed you have come so far in your weight loss, don't let that man have any control over messing it up! You are strong and you have that will power inside of you. That's all I was saying, haha! Sometimes I worry I come across a little harshly so I apologize if I did!
CarCar...no, NOT AT ALL! I appreciate the comments and the concern. I know I need to shake this mood I have been in all week. We have been separated for 2 1/2 years and divorce is inevitable....I have been with someone for the past year and a half and we recently moved in together...but the closure and admission of failure for my marriage has just been hard on me...this year has been the worst of my life (lost my dad and my job too) and I need to stop compensating with food. I have been moving forward but sometimes I then sabatoge myself like I did this week and take two steps backwards...I have to keep focusing on the positives in my life and not the negatives.
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote