Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default what do you do when you just feel fat?

I've gained a few (10-15) lbs. recently and just feel overall disgusting. I know I am not really "fat" but the way my clothes now fit (or rather, don't fit) and just knowing where I came from makes me feel lousy. I'm working on getting these pounds back off, but am going crazy in the meantime!

My boyfriend is coming to visit this weekend, and I know he won't care (probably won't even notice) the gain, but I feel incredibly self-conscious with any intimacy when I feel fat like this. What do you gals do to boost self-confidence?
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Feeling your pain

Well Iris - I did it too! I haven't done well at maintaining and now I am back up to 144 and once again about 10lb from my goal. The sad part is I know what I need to do - just can't seem to do it.

First of all - let me say that your boyfriend will be so happy to see you that he won't see the extra pounds!! Ask any guy and he will tell you the same thing. However, I do have a couple of slinky slip like lingerie that makes me feel better and a little more self-confident.

That said - in the big picture its just a couple of pounds that you know how to deal with - don't let them get in the way of a wonderful weekend!
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm there, too, gals.

Two years ago (almost to the day) I was 136. A year later things started inching up. Most of last year I hovered at 147-149. This summer things got up to 154.

I've FINALLY gotten back into the groove and have lost 4-6 pounds. It sure is coming off slower this time, though.

IMO, you just have to set your mind to it and plan to do it. Who said it: Failing to plan is planning to fail. I think that is the key.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I have these days too, so it happens no matter what size you are. The biggest thing is, having a couple of outfits (jeans/tops) that FIT you, and you look pretty in, no matter what the tag says. Wearing your ill-fitting clothing that you have right now, only makes you look like you feel! Enjoy your weekend!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

too true... and I do know he won't mind. Like I said, I doubt he'll notice! It's just how I feel about myself.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I feel you!! I have had 2 consecutive days where I feel like a heifer. I'm just in a funk. I'm at a plateau, so that is frustrating. I can't get down past 188. I just fluctuate up & then back to 188. Just start now doing what you need to do to get back on track & be proud of yourself for it. Say positive things out loud about your progress & your achievements. Words are powerful!
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #7  

ahhhhhhh!! Yah.. I've been feeling like this lately. I've been on a plateau for about a month... I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself to stay on track. I like Kata's suggestion. I personally don't really have anything in my wardrobe that is flattering, but I'm trying to work on that! It's starting to become more of my goal/focus than watching the scale at this time.
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #8  
Believe, it is possible

Iris, I think we exagerate most of the feelings in our head. You are a beautiful person regardless. I tell myself that today is a day to make things better, tomorrow I can do even better. Don't beat yourself up. Go for a walk!
EnzoDryfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

With the BC that I'm on (seasonale) I gain like 5+ pounds the week before my actual period. I hardly noticed it before I started losing weight but right now I feel GIGANTIC. I just get a little bloated the other months but it sure makes up for it in that 3rd month!! I am not comfortable sitting, standing, laying down and the scale says I'm holding onto a whopping 8 pounds of water weight. I don't know how I lived like this?
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

cry. No, seriously, I haven't been able to come up with a good way to make myself feel better when I feel fat. Trying not to linger on it helps.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #11  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

When I get frustrated I look at my before pics. It is always a boost!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #12  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMcG View Post
When I get frustrated I look at my before pics. It is always a boost!
ya know what, i totally agree and i think that's awesome. i saw this picture of me that someone posted on facebook the other day, (without tagging me, thank god) from high school. i couldn't even believe it was me. i must have been 185. ugh, i shuddered and was embarrassed, shocked, i didnt even think i was that fat at the time.

but!!!

then i thought to myself. "good god, self, that's not you anymore." it was like a light turned on. so i'm printing it out. and hanging it up on my wall. along with a recent picture of me. so i can see the difference whenever i feel down. i need a more positive attitude.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote