Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #1  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default its hard to imagine being thin...

i guess since ive been overweight most of my life i can't imagine just being thin at all. i've never been smaller than a tight size 10. ideally, i'd love to be a size 4. but it just seems so impossible. so hard to even picture. i think it's somewhat sabotaging to my weight loss. since i can't see the finish line, i lose sight of the track im on.

anyone else??
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I also think its impossible.. i wouldnt even believe it even if i was indeed a size 4 i think i'd be in thin denial
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

It's funny you mention that. At this point, I'm almost halfway from my starting point to being 200 pounds. I haven't seen the other side of 200 since I was in high school.

I'm just hoping that my body image catches up with me when I do hit 200, and that I don't think I'm still HUGE.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

147lbs 5'6... girl you are thin! It is hard to imagine me as being the body Iw ant, so I usually imagine someone elses body with my head. Just remember beauty starts on the inside
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Huh. I d'nno if I could ever BE a size 4 with my body type... I don't think I've ever really been much smaller than an 8 except in adolescence... I just can't wait to get to my goal weight and then see where I am from there...
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #6  
starving artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
147lbs 5'6... girl you are thin! It is hard to imagine me as being the body Iw ant, so I usually imagine someone elses body with my head. Just remember beauty starts on the inside
i see what your saying i really do... but idk. i wear a size 10 or 11 jeans. my thighs are 24". my waist is roughly 31 at the smallest part. where i may not be obese, i still have a decent amount of fat on this body. i just want to be small for once. i really want my pants to be a single digit size.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Huh. I d'nno if I could ever BE a size 4 with my body type... I don't think I've ever really been much smaller than an 8 except in adolescence... I just can't wait to get to my goal weight and then see where I am from there...
I think you can be a size 4 if you wanted to ! even if you had gigantic hips like i do haha .
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellart View Post
i see what your saying i really do... but idk. i wear a size 10 or 11 jeans. my thighs are 24". my waist is roughly 31 at the smallest part. where i may not be obese, i still have a decent amount of fat on this body. i just want to be small for once. i really want my pants to be a single digit size.
Hey, we have the same size thighs!!!

...sucks doesn't it? Lol.

Actually, at the smallest part of my waist, I'm 32 inches. Hmmm. Similar body types maybe.

Jahjah:
I dunno... my mom's gotten down to 135 lbs and she's only like a 6 or an 8... and we have literally the exact same body type, lol. I think I might be unhealthy if I tried to make myself small enough to fit into a 4.

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-03-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

First off your doing great!!! When I was in high school I was a size 6 at my smallest. I still felt I wasn't that skinny. Now I look back and think I wasn't heavy at all and I looked really good. A certain size is not going to determine whether or not you look "skinny". Its all about how you look and feel. I would never want to be a size 4 cause I know I would go crazy just trying to maintain that weight. I always get caught up thinking "oh my god I have to be this size or lose all this weight like now!" You are better off setting smaller goals then when you reach it it didn't seem like such a daunting task and you are so proud of yourself you want to keep moving forward.
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #10  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I think a size 10 (meaning, I can walk into most stores, find a size 10 pair of pants or shirt, and have it fit me) is realistic for me. Imagining myself smaller than that just seems like crazy-talk.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #11  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

body image is such a strange thing....
i dont think my brain has fully adjusted to what i see in the mirror now....
i have gone from a size 18 to a size 8 (UK sizes)....
while I can feel the benefits and drawbacks it is difficult to see in the mirror....
I quite like it when other people comment, had two people do it today - made me feel amazing!....
specially at a time im feeling vulnerable (boyfriend issues - but maybe not for much longer!)....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #12  
starving artist

i really agree with you about body image. some girl that i graduated from high school with posted old pictures from high school on facebook. and there was one of my best friend and myself. thank god she isn't my "friend" and couldn't tag me. i was so embarrassed. but on the other hand kinda glad because i know i dont look like that anymore.

but its funny bc i swear i still see that same girl when i look in the mirror.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

ive always been big too, well except when i was about 12 or 13 i think and everything grew faster than i could put fat on so i looked lanky. But apart from that, ive always been big. I cant remember being under 73kg (160.9 pounds) and as i approach that mark i actually get a little nervous ^_^'' I cant imagine what its like to be thin, but i bet im going to love it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellart View Post
so hard to even picture. i think it's somewhat sabotaging to my weight loss. since i can't see the finish line, i lose sight of the track im on.

anyone else??
I totally agree! I've never been smaller than a size 12 in my entire life, so its so hard for me to imagine. I feel like I set myself up for failure before I really begin because its never worked out for me before, so why this time? Why will this be the time I turn into that thin girl I've always wanted to be!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #15  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

I know exactly what you mean... I truly have been overweight/basically obese my entire life, and I can't even remember what it's like to be a "normal" size. For me it's impossible even to imagine that I could be average-sized, let alone thin. Like grneyedmustang said, I'm just hoping that someday I'll look in the mirror and not think that I'm HUGE anymore. Even now, at 5'8" and ~208 lbs, I have a suspicion that I might not even be as huge as I feel... Cuz I feel like I'm still the same size that I was 55 lbs ago! Lol. But this is a really common thing among people who lose a lot of weight, so I guess I just have to deal. I think the most valuable thing will be for me to be able to see my pants size dropping. I can realistically see myself getting to a size 10... Maybe... But anything smaller than that--nope! Lol I feel like being a single-digit size is completely out of my grasp.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote