Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default Ever had one of those classes?

I just left my information management class and we are learning how to develop databases. Yes I know fun stuff. Its one of those classes that is used as a weeder class for the accounting department and the teacher I have doesn't really give 3 craps if you pass or fail. It has about a 60% fail rate and those that do pass are happy to make a C. I am a repeater and I can't afford to not pass again because I am graduating this semester. I read for today's class, and still sat there most of the class period and pretty much had no clue what the teacher was talking about. I am hoping that it will come easier this weekend, however I have to study for my tax exam and do a multitude of other homework. Ugh just feeling a little overwhelmed, however on a lighter note I know more about my tax stuff than I thought I did. I hate the 2nd half of the semester.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #2  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

HA, you have no idea. i feel like i've got about 3 classes like that. and i'm only taking 5. those prove-yourself classes get me every time.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #3  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

I have also had semesters like that, my first year of upper division courses is like that. Thankfully this semester is just one I am just determined not to ever have to spend another dime at the god forsaken university I go to. I hate it, it runs my town and everyone seems to worship at its feet. I wish I didn't have to go here.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #4  
aml
...okay, so...

what are you going to have your degree in?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml View Post
what are you going to have your degree in?
Accounting with a Logistics collateral (sorta like a minor but not really)
Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #6  
aml
...okay, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
Accounting with a Logistics collateral (sorta like a minor but not really)
yeah, seems like anyone is any type of school of business has to wade through a lot of bull to get where they're going. maybe it really is good prep...ha.

i'm going for marketing and i have a minor in art/graphic design.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The best way to get a teacher to care if you pass is to convince the teacher that YOU care if you pass.

If you can't figure it out on your own with your studying, email him/her and ask if you can meet for some help on the side, because you're really interested in learning the material and want to make sure you understand.

Once you reach out, teachers are usually more than happy to help, or to point you to others who can help you. There's no shame in asking for help, BTW.

Good luck!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #8  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh yes, I have one similar to that right now. Math, which has always been my best subject so it is really annoying. It is taught by this very arrogant grad student. We asked if we could have a review day, or at least a review sheet for our midterm (which is tomorrow and I'm completely stressed out) and he just flat out said no. BUT he said we'd be welcome to come to this certain building from 6-9 tonight while he's in his chess club meeting to ask some questions. HOWEVER, he was busy so he barely answered any questions. And whenever I go in for help he acts like I'm an idiot for not understanding. GRRRRRRRRRRR. The best part is all he really does is give us different mathematical rules, and explain the proofs. He doesn't give us any examples on how to use the rule in problems we'll be tested on because he says examples are "boring". I could go on and on.. I pretty much already have. He's just soo....
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Bee20nine- I'm actually taking that class right now too. I, luckily, have a pretty decent teacher, we've already finished access and working in the excel solver now, but if there is anything you really need help on or can't fingure out feel free to ask me! My bf is in it too and I had to go step by step for him so I've got practice
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote