Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Meditteranean Veggie Wrap Disaster

Okay so, I was going into the deli on campus. I was looking forward to getting my chocolate soymilk Odwalla protein shake but they were all out So I thought I'd order a sandwich. I put in an order for my very odd sandwich (whole wheat, mayo and tomato thats it) which I've always really liked. However, it was a long line and I am impatient. I saw a new wrap in the pre-made section, I went to check it out and it was a Meditteranean Veggie Wrap. Amazing- they've never had one without meat, so I decided to get that instead. I decided I'd eat half and have the other half tomorrow since it had a bit more feta cheese and some sort of creamy sauce than I was expecting. I put it into The Daily Plate, and it could be in the 500 calorie range, FOR HALF I figured I probably shouldn't save the other half for tomorrow since it was so high calorie and that I should just throw it away but....

I proceeded to take apart the other half eating all the kalamata olives, eating pieces of the tortilla and feta cheese.

Even though I'm technically still within my calories for the day, I just feel totally gross and am already contemplating having just cereal for dinner or something.

Sorry this was so long, I'm just bummed...I haven't lost control like that for a few weeks.

Last edited by DRose; 10-21-2008 at 06:36 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #2  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

You haven't mentioned the most important thing - how did it taste? :P

Nah, just kidding. I understand that you work yourself up over not staying OP as much as you wanted. But you stayed within your calories! So it's not too bad. Also, skipping a lot of your next meal is something I'd really like to advise against. It might make you go hungry later and want to snack. And also I think it's a bad habit to want to "punish" yourself when you eat not in the way you intended to. We're all human, we slip up every now and then. Smile, try to think "Well at least it was a nice wrap" and try to do better tomorrow.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

DID YOU KNOW that feta cheese has one of the lowest calorie counts of all cheeses?

*shooting star* The more you know...

Fun fact, eh? Especially considering it's the best cheese evar.

Source: http://www.weightlossforall.com/calories-cheese.htm
Source: http://www.dietbites.com/calorieindexcheese.html

DID YOU KNOW that kalamata olives have less than 70 calories for 8 whole olives?

*shooting star* The more you know...

Source: http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...alamata-olives

I know it can often suck to feel like you totally dive-bombed your diet for the day... but at least try to put it into perspective. Three weeks ago, I ate half a bag of Smartfood popcorn. And not a little grab bag. Half a BIG bag of Smartfood popcorn. That's like. 800 calories in and of itself. And I'd already eaten dinner.
You, woman, with your teensy olives, and your low-cal cheeses? You ain't got nothing on me in terms of spoiling your diet. If anything, the zig-zagging of an up and then down in your calorie intake could actually kick-start your metabolism a little and get the scale moving in the right direction! (Believe it or not!)

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-21-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #4  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

DRose - If thats your idea of crashing your diet, you're doing well. I could give lessons in binge-diet-crashing! Didya think that maybe instead of letting it stress you out or feeling guilty about it, you could just up your exercise for the day? A walk after dinner or an extra hour of cardio would kick those calories butts! That's the way I have had to start looking at it because I fall off the wagon so often! Seriously, just up your exercise on days you go off plan, or be extra careful the day after.

Has anyone ever watched that Diet Doctor show on FitTV? We have it over here on Armed Forces Network. This show has Dr. Melina go through a diet that a person is interested in and see how healthy it is. She said one time that your weight and other indicators (blood press, cholesterol, etc) is not a reflection of what you've put into your body in the last few days, but rather the last 30. It kinda gives you some perspective...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote