3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Rant!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/154435-rant.html)

MindiV 10-20-2008 10:21 AM

At first I thought it was great...now it's getting annoying. Not really the attention so much as the "Oh my gosh you're too skinny" junk I've been getting recently. Maybe I am...I don't know. But I think I'm just right for my height (5 foot, 8 1/2 inches, 140-145 pounds).

Case in point...the husband and I went to a local bar a week or so ago. I haven't been there in a while, and it's one of those places with "regulars" who recognize you when you come in. There were all these women up front at the bar (drunk of course), who went ON and ON about how GREAT I looked, and asked how I did it. So when I walked away to sit at a table in the corner, I overheard them saying (you know how loud drunk people can be when they think they're quiet)..."She's just TOO skinny" and "I bet she doesn't eat at ALL." You know the comments...just made me want to leave or get in a bar fight..

One thing that bugs the heck out of me, though, is when people ask how I do it, or what I TOOK to do it. I tell them I try to eat better, but that I eat more now than I ever did before, and work out 5 days a week. I can tell most don't believe me at all, and some even roll their eyes. Grrrr....

Jelbb 10-20-2008 10:24 AM

Ugh. How ridiculous. Especially other people who are overweight, who are jealous of your successes, so their reaction to your weight loss--- acheiving something that they couldn't, or haven't done themselves--- is to make themselves feel better by saying, "Well, she can't have done it healthily," and "She must have an eating disorder."

Ridiculous.

Screw them, and congrats to you!!! :D

angelanicole23 10-20-2008 12:14 PM

yes SCREW them i'd say as well...they are just pure jealous because they probably have weight to lose....it's the same thing with my coworkers...when I was about 170lbs a coworker who was 150 and was always trying these fad diets told me i shouldn't lose anymore blah blah..i put her in her place by saying that "anyone who says that stuff is jealous I am going to finally be skinnier than them" well that shut her up!

Last week another coworker who is about 133lbs (has lost a LOT of weight since highschool and having two children) and EXTREMELY obsessive over her eating..(we've all seriously thought she has an eating disorder) kept insisting I'd buy some Girl Guide cookies her daughter is selling. I repeatedly told her I cannot because if they are around me I'd probably eat them all ( I love them!)..anyways she kept on nagging and said "just bring them home for your family".I told her it was like "giving an alcoholic a bottle of wine and telling them to keep it for when he/she haves company"..right...She of ALL people should understand.......Anyways I finally gave in and bought the damn cookies..and she messaged me online that night asking if I'd "gotten into the cookies"...almost like she tried to set me up! ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I did open the cookies at work, gave some to the children and ate two of them..then brought them home for my family. I replied..yep I told you I would and I did...I should have lied and said "nope, not at all" or said "happy now?" but I hate confrontations and was polite about it.
Yep this has turned into a major rant lol!

JulieJ08 10-20-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelanicole23 (Post 2416748)

Last week another coworker who is about 133lbs (has lost a LOT of weight since highschool and having two children) and EXTREMELY obsessive over her eating..(we've all seriously thought she has an eating disorder) kept insisting I'd buy some Girl Guide cookies her daughter is selling. I repeatedly told her I cannot because if they are around me I'd probably eat them all ( I love them!)..anyways she kept on nagging and said "just bring them home for your family".I told her it was like "giving an alcoholic a bottle of wine and telling them to keep it for when he/she haves company"..right...She of ALL people should understand.......Anyways I finally gave in and bought the damn cookies..and she messaged me online that night asking if I'd "gotten into the cookies"...almost like she tried to set me up! ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I did open the cookies at work, gave some to the children and ate two of them..then brought them home for my family. I replied..yep I told you I would and I did...I should have lied and said "nope, not at all" or said "happy now?" but I hate confrontations and was polite about it.
Yep this has turned into a major rant lol!

Email her back and ask her how that makes her feel after she pushed you so hard.

Jelbb 10-20-2008 12:53 PM

And tack onto the bottom that there's a special place in **** for pushy enablers.

angelanicole23 10-20-2008 12:58 PM

hahahahaha...yup perhaps i should..but like I said I hate and always have hated confrontations...she is extremely moody now as it is..it's also very hard because we work in a preschool..only 6-7 of us..so if there's tension EVERYONE knows about it :(

angelanicole23 10-20-2008 01:00 PM

oh and the first coworker i mentioned who kept telling me I had "lost enough" at 170 is now bigger than myself and I am now giving HER my size 12-14 pants :P whoo hooo..looks good on her too :P

Scarlett 10-20-2008 01:10 PM

I get this from my mom too (although I'm not even 'thin' yet). It's like while I was in high school you would order takeout 2-3 times a week and let us all pig out, would make spaghetti, there was alway ice cream in the freezer. I was 50lbs overweight. Not a SINGLE comment about me being unhealthy.

Now when she sees me eating a stick of celery or something she'll be like are you sure you're eating enough..or give me some crap about being unhealthy.

It's actually not unhealthy to be slightly underweight (even if I was) and it DEFINATELY would be healthier than being 50# overweight and eating crap.

The same with schools, the school nurse will harass the mom of a small boned girl on the track team who has trouble keeping weight on and won't say ANYTHING to the 300 pounder who has a moustache b/c of the way the weight f'ed up her hormones.