Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #1  
won't be the "fat" friend

S/C/G: 283/283/140

Height: 5'10"

Question Anyone had plastic surgery after their weight loss?

So as superficial as it sounds I'm already worried about what my body is going to look like after i lose my 130+ pounds and I really plan on pursuing a career in the entertainment industry in LA. I'm really prone to stretch marks (really fair skinned and my mom and SUPER slender sister both have them) and am worried about how my skin will bounce back. I'm thinking I may require a tummy tuck, boob job and do something w/the arms as well as cool laser for the stretch marks. I was wondering if anyone else had gone through any procedures after their weight loss?
alyssalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

Check out the stickie on this forum as well as a lot of the general posts here. Lotsa info for you.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

It's funny you mention this first, I would refer you to the same thread as photo chick, however I have lost 130 pounds and stopped losing any substantial amount of weight. I'm not talking a platue I'm talking I fluctuate 3 pounds up and 2 pounds down but that's it. So after much debate with myself on whether or not it is the appropriate time, I've decided to met with a plastic surgeon and discuss getting a lower body lift and breast augmentations. I’m a little nervous, my appointment is a week from Monday, and I’m hoping to have the surgery over Christmas.

I’m doing this because my body looks terrible, I have a round tire of skin below my breast and then the “apron” that everyone always talks about. And it’s gross I wont discuss further but I’m really excited, I feel like I’ve done all this work and my body is still not in “shape”. I realize this is the only way to get it to look how I actually want. I’m sure if you continue to read post I’ll be posting much more later on.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/146/128

Height: 5'7"

I have stretch marks and I hate them. My mom had a tummy tuck and it really helped (removed all the excess skin)... skin you can get rid of, then all you have is a scar. As far as strech marks go - it really has alot to do with genetics. Water intake can improve your skin's elasticity. I don't think any treatment is a cure-all, but they can minmize the appearance. Good luck with everything! ;-)
Ami12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I am tempted by surgery for my extra skin....
although i think my parents/bf would go mental....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Sh3l5 - My siblings are all really supportive as are the friends who I have told. Everyone thinks it is great that I've done so much work and that it will push to help me keep the weight off. My mom isn't so supporitive yet, she lives out of state and wants to pretend that I'm not doing it. But I think she will come around.

On a side note what I'm concerned about is not having to tell people, not having to explain the scars, but having people at my school talk about me behind my back, if you want to know what I did then ask me and I'll tell you. It's like when I started losing weight and everyone assumed I had gastricbipass.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

thats great....
i think its more that they would be worried for me....
i think if they could actually see my loose skin then they mite support me....
i dont know, ive not even decided on anything surgical yet....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Honestly I don't plan to tell anyone about my surgery. (Um, except the howevermany thousand people reading this thread! *grin*)

I will, of course, tell my guy, since he'll be the one taking me to and picking me up from the dr's when the time comes. But really I don't think it's anyone else's business.

If anyone asks, I'll explain that I had surgery and it was "nothing serious" and leave it at that.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #9  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I still have a ways to go until my goal. Hopefully i will be there this summer and i was also thinking about surgery. I wouldnt realy be concerned about what other people have to say. You are doing it for you and no one else.

I plan on having kids some day and i really really want to have the surgery as soon as possible. But i fear that if i do get pregnant a few years later then all of the results will be pretty much undone.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #10  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Yes! And as Photochick helpfully pointed out there is a forum (nearly) devoted to this!!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

I post all about my various plastic surgery experiences there! Sooo much info that I needn't recite it all here!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote