Old 10-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #16  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

u guys are right on so many things, but i want ppl to notice n eventually i know they will. i just get so excited that u know i lose a cpl of pds here and there n i want to tell all my friends and its not like im rubbing it in there face, i dont want to think that i am, ive always supported my friends in anything they say or did and it feels like im not being backed up on this. i am afraid that if i get to my ultimate goal of 145-150lbs i will lose all of them cuz i know i will be a diff person inside and out. ill have more self confidence and more out going. and i think they rather have the "fat girl", "1 of the guys around", or "fat friend". i watched rachel ray a few months back where a lady lost 200 lbs using surgery and she lost majority her friends and her family cuz ppl thought she was rubbing it in and she wasnt so im going to post it so u guys can watch i think i was a good segment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6056Vzcc8I

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 10-22-2008 at 10:31 AM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #17  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Cutie -
Your friend is right in her intentions I think, but maybe not her delivery. And I agree with you, you have to want to do it for yourself, but GOSH won't it feel good to slip into those size 10 jeans and prance around? I do it for myself, and I don't think that showing others you look good and how far you've come is a bad motivation either! In addition of course to being healthy and feeling better about yourself.... You go girl! Show em it can be done!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #18  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

celigirl88:
I know, I know, we're doing this for ourselves.
Absolutely we are. I will feel... 100 times more fantastic when I've lost the weight that I want to lose. We ARE doing this for ourselves.
But I don't think it's necessary to pretend like PART of us isn't doing it because we want our man to feel proud and boastful and superior by having a gorgeous chica like us on his arm... and the more I feel like my man thinks that, the better I feel about myself.
Thankfully, I met my guy when I was about a mediocre weight (155ish?) so the fact that I was 163 for a bit was barely noticeable to him... but remembering what it was like to be 138 lbs... I know I can look better, and I want to!

CC:
I think you'll probably hit a point where you start going down in sizes, and people will start taking notice all of a sudden. And I bet you anything that they will TAKE NOTICE until your ears fall off with the compliments. Keep on truckin' baby.
And totally post that Rachel Ray thinger.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #19  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

oh i did, the only ppl that are supporting me in my weight loss is my mom , my grandma, 1 one gf thats my moms age, and YOU GUYS other ppl just either dont say anything or they come across like im doing this to back at them or to make them feel worse about themselves idk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6056Vzcc8I

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 10-22-2008 at 10:33 AM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Tarryn- I know he would never break up with me either. Sometimes I just dont think how I need to be happy myself. I dont think it understands how it is to be one weight your whole life, and then having to adjust your life because of your weight. He constanstly tells me how much he loves me the way I am, but I know deep down he missed the old me, and I miss her too. Therefore, everytime I think "I dont wanna go to the gym today, or I really want that last bit of cake" I think of how happy both of us will be when my weight journey is over

Jelbb- I totally agree with everything you said. So lets make ourselves look good for US and our MAN!!!
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote