3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Should I break up with him...? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152662-should-i-break-up-him.html)

bargoo 09-30-2008 10:07 AM

Did I read you corrrectly, you took sleeping pills and Tylenol with codeine at the same time ?? I am sure that cannot be a good idea.

KLK 09-30-2008 10:41 AM

Personally, I was never the type to be in a relationship with a man who didn't enthusiastically want to be with me, spend time with me, open up to me, TALK TO ME, etc. I don't like begging and pleading for those kinds of things. I wouldn't stay with him.

I agree that it's nice and comforting to be in a relationship -- any relationship -- even if it's clear there is little compatability there. But don't tie yourself down to someone you're not really happy with.

Nevaeh 09-30-2008 01:19 PM

:hug: Hope you're doing okay!

raw23 09-30-2008 02:07 PM

At least you've decided to be friends. I think that's really important. Especially since you have fun with him.

So, I was thinking... Do you think he (or someone he knows) wondered on here and found this thread then decided to break up with you before you did it to him?? I mean, it's public access. ;) (*kinda kidding... but kinda not*)

garstar 09-30-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 2386624)
Did I read you corrrectly, you took sleeping pills and Tylenol with codeine at the same time ?? I am sure that cannot be a good idea.

tylenol pm and cough syrup with codine, i'm sick so it helps.

mojolove05 09-30-2008 03:26 PM

We are in the same boat. Me and my bf were in a realtionship for 3.5 years and lived together for a month less than that. Well here lately it has been kinda miserable with no affection emotionally or physically or any going on dates. Last night we decided that it be best if we were just friends. He told me that he loved me more as a friend than a girlfriend or future wife. That hurt to hear and I wish he would have said something sooner, but at least now we are FINALLY on the same page and we didn't leave out of a fight or something similar.

kelli32 09-30-2008 05:58 PM

mojolove- so what are you going to do about living together? I ask because I'm basically in that exact situation right now. My bf and I got in a huge fight today and I told him how unhappy I was with everything. All he had to say was that if he could change anything it'd be the weight I've gained since we started dating. What? Really? But we live together and I don't know what to do about breaking up and having to stay in the same house as someone who apparently has been hiding that he finds me disgusting.

owlmonkey 09-30-2008 06:23 PM

Run-don't walk away! No man is better than a bad man! I know what it's like to be pulled in by one arm and pushed away with the other. Be strong-look at what you've achieved & know that you deserve someone who supports you & shows he cares!

Taurie 09-30-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelli32 (Post 2387483)
mojolove- so what are you going to do about living together? I ask because I'm basically in that exact situation right now. My bf and I got in a huge fight today and I told him how unhappy I was with everything. All he had to say was that if he could change anything it'd be the weight I've gained since we started dating. What? Really? But we live together and I don't know what to do about breaking up and having to stay in the same house as someone who apparently has been hiding that he finds me disgusting.

That was an awful thing to say. :hug:

xYourBelleMortex 09-30-2008 07:03 PM

While I agree with everyone saying kick him to the curb... I would do one thing to make it easier on yourself.

Just stop calling him. Don't ask him to hang out and see how long he lets it go. That way, he proved he is the wrong one for you.

NishKitten 09-30-2008 07:07 PM

Aww sweetie....

:hug:

I'm so sorry you're sad! Just remember that we all love you and that's what really matters. I wish I could say something better, but I have an attitude problem when it comes to dating and if a guy had treated me how he was treating you... on a night he broke plans with me I certainly would have been on a date with someone else. Most likely one of his friends because i'm a b****. Definitely NOT the kosher girlfriend thing to do, but I've never had the patience to deal with men and their shenanigans so I usually kept 2... 3... *cough* 4... around for emergencies when I was single and let them know that's how it was. After that it turned into some sort of gladiator battle for my attention. I had to start turning my phone off, and when I did I would have 30 voicemails! Not saying you might want to implement this strategy into your single life, but I AM saying. :p You know the single girls mantra, "I'm not in love, but i'll hang with you until someone better walks by."

Think about all the good things that will come out of this:

- No more stressing out over his dumb @$$!
- TIME. Have you ever noticed how boyfriends are like vacuous pits when it comes to free time? Enjoy primping, prepping, and doing all the self-care stuff. It's about details girl! Something about having it all pampered and 'done' right down to the french manicured toes... That's what makes everything right in the world.
-You don't have to listen to him anymore! I don't know about you, but I like a man to drop trou and impress me. No talking necessary. :D

bargoo 09-30-2008 07:39 PM

Tylenol, etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by garstar (Post 2387267)
tylenol pm and cough syrup with codine, i'm sick so it helps.

I was questioning takig sleeping pills and Tylenol with codeine at the same time. I was concerned about possibly over medicating.

garstar 09-30-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelli32 (Post 2387483)

WHAT! Alright, you can't be with someone who says things like that to you. It's tough though, you live together. Figure out something.... who can move out, where can someone go.... you know.... you have to be happy, and if you're in a situation where you're not happy - get out fast becasue your life isn't worth wasting.

garstar 09-30-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 2387628)
I was questioning takig sleeping pills and Tylenol with codeine at the same time. I was concerned about possibly over medicating.

Thanks for the concern, I probably only needed one or the other, but I really wanted to be knocked out and not have to think about recent break up events ha...

Mango683 09-30-2008 09:23 PM

I am going through this EXACT same thing as we speak. Although from not as long as a relationship, but I know I need to end it and I just don't know if I have the strength to. The truth is, it may already be over, we just haven't verbally said it. It came out of the blue, too, which makes it even harder to accept. He wasn't consistent with calling and often chose his friends over me, but when we were together, it was great..and I took it as a learning curve. But now, he's distant and we barely see each other.

I'm heartbroken and I'm not myself. I'm wasting so much energy wondering what he's thinking, how could he just turn off his feelings and do this to me, I'd like to work it out, etc. But it's not fair that I'm giving 100% and he's only barely giving 50%.

So, it's easy for me to say to you walk away, when it's what I should be doing to. But it's never easy with matters of the heart.

I'm glad I have my workouts to get me through. This is so completely awful:-(