3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   alcohol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152610-alcohol.html)

Apple Cheeks 09-29-2008 12:19 AM

For me, it helps bring out the more social, fun-loving side of myself that doesn't come out in public because I am too shy normally.

That doesn't mean I drink myself into oblivion just to have a good time, though. A few drinks (2 or 3), and a pleasant little buzz are enough.

Alcohol is liquid courage!

And on this subject....

I have a theory about alcohol that I have shared with others: it brings out more of what you already are, or have hidden, inside. If you have dark things you haven't dealt with, then it will come out. Conversly, if you have a repressed wild side, or are a hidden social butterfly, that will come out too.

Just a theory..... :^:

nicoledg 09-29-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToFly (Post 2383373)
nothing attracts me to it. i might have a drink every couple months. i'd much rather eat something than drink away my calories in booze.

I totally agree...although last night I specificly saved some ww points to have a glass of wine...3 points actually...I regret nothing lol

garstar 09-29-2008 12:24 AM

I agree - we've all seen that one girl who completely breaks down and starts to cry when she's drunk...

sh3l5 09-29-2008 02:13 AM

i also believe it brings the truth out....
peolpe talk more when they are drunk and tend to be honest too....

kelli32 10-01-2008 12:13 AM

I tend to get creepily clever and make up ridiculous stories. I'm an extrovert to begin with and it just keeps comin when I drink.. I think some of my friends only like me when i'm drunk lol

mariarose 10-01-2008 10:21 AM

I really enjoy the taste of most red wines and beers, and the experience of drinking them. I hate to get drunk (too many bad experiences), but having a beer or a glass of wine in a social setting is very pleasant and relaxing.

Spoz 10-01-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh3l5 (Post 2384295)
i also believe it brings the truth out....
peolpe talk more when they are drunk and tend to be honest too....

In some cases yes but you'll also be amazed at how much crap comes out too :D I guess the key is moderation like anything.

With social anxiety at first it helps but like food or drugs, a substitute can only do so much and that is when you become the blubberer at the bar.

JamieJo 10-01-2008 11:11 AM

I am like the gal who seems to have a ton of things going on constantly between everything going on I like to go out about once every two weeks or so and usually end up tying one on! I love the taste of beer, wine, and rasberry sky vodka mixers so I tend to over-do it when I go out. And the majority of my friends still go out a lot. And they love to get me buzzed because I turn into the "I love everyone and everything" person and apparently it's amusing.... :) I don't do anything crazy...most of the time! :) But I do enjoy going out when it's the towny bars full of people I've known since we were kids. It's fun to be crazy and where that outfit that I shouldn't be wearing...or getting up and thinking I can actually sing...or dancing the night away as if I'm J-Lo.... :)