3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   alcohol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152610-alcohol.html)

sh3l5 09-28-2008 02:56 AM

alcohol

what attracts you to it?....
ive never been a big drinker but im curious on peoples views....

Spoz 09-28-2008 03:37 AM

Sometimes weather people realize it or not they're very unhappy and alcohol boosts their confidence, allows them to have a good time and helps them escape for a while.

KateRN 09-28-2008 04:30 AM

i used to use it as a social lubricant. i would feel shy, i'd kick back a few - i'd be the life of a party. unfort. if i have any drama in my life (and as i gained weight) it had the opposite effect on me and i'd turn into the depressed crying girl at the bar, calling her mom from the curb asking "why do i always have to be the fat friend of the hot girl!???????????" .... so i totally stopped drinking.
if i'm at a bar, i dont even bother with "just 1" - it doesnt touch me, and is pricier. diet coke for me.
:)

sh3l5 09-28-2008 04:42 AM

yer? its water for me 9 times outta 10....
how sad am i?! going to a bar and ordering water!....

Spoz 09-28-2008 04:44 AM

I think that's good if you want to socialize and stay in control and healthy that's great. I used to be like you Kate, and I used to drink ALOT and I turned into that blubbering person and thats why now I rarely drink and if theres the slightest sign that I'm getting out of control I quit it.

Smiling_Sara 09-28-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh3l5 (Post 2383175)
what attracts you to it?....
ive never been a big drinker but im curious on peoples views....

nothing attracts me to it. i might have a drink every couple months. i'd much rather eat something than drink away my calories in booze.

garstar 09-28-2008 12:56 PM

I have social anxiety, so it really helps me out a lot with that. That's about it - otherwise I hate it. I should probably get some medication or something, save me the calories! haha

girl anachronism 09-28-2008 01:26 PM

When it comes to wine and champagne, I simply love the way they taste. :) Other than that, though, I'm not a big drinker. And I only have a glass of wine or champagne once or twice a month.

Taylor86 09-28-2008 01:41 PM

Wine has always been something I enjoy drinking. I only drink it once a week with my dad and it makes me happy. As for the bars...you can have them. Bars are pointless wastes of money in my opinion. Except for my beloved piano bar.

kelli32 09-28-2008 01:50 PM

I love the taste of beer..

Mostly what I guess "attracts" me to drinking is that I'm a very mentally organized person. I'm constantly thinking about goals and life, if I'm not studying or something. When I drink it relaxes my mind a little bit, gives me a break from my own head. I don't drink everytime I go out though, and I go out about every other weekend.

shrinkingchica 09-28-2008 02:15 PM

Nope, I'm no drinker.....never been an attractive thing for me really and besides, I really prefer to eat my calories. Or, if I am drinking them I want something yummy with a bit more sustanence, like a smoothie. :)

Annita 09-28-2008 02:22 PM

i've never drank beer, i don't like wine's taste. So basically im not attracted to alcohol. So i'm curious as well why people would like it ^^

BellaHTH 09-28-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garstar (Post 2383525)
I have social anxiety, so it really helps me out a lot with that. That's about it - otherwise I hate it. I should probably get some medication or something, save me the calories! haha

I second this, mostly. It isn't that I like the taste, but I love the way it makes me feel relaxed when *trying* to be social. And that is dangerous for me because I could easily let this get out of control. But I haven't been doing much socializing as of late, so it hasn't really been an issue and I rarely drink alone so...

garstar 09-28-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaHTH (Post 2383710)
I second this, mostly. It isn't that I like the taste, but I love the way it makes me feel relaxed when *trying* to be social. And that is dangerous for me because I could easily let this get out of control. But I haven't been doing much socializing as of late, so it hasn't really been an issue and I rarely drink alone so...

When I first started college, I used to go out and get black-out-drunk every time i went out because I was so nervous. Now that's out of control. I'm much better now, I learned from my mistakes. It's hard to keep drinking under control when I have such high anxiety! I love to go out with my friends, but it's just scary. Agh.

PhotoChick 09-28-2008 04:21 PM

I actually just like the taste of some drinks. I don't drink a lot and rarely rarely get drunk. I like the taste of a good martini, a really well made whiskey, and a good red wine. And there is nothing like the flavor and fizz of an icy cold beer on a warm summer afternoon - or while eating hot chili on a Sunday afternoon while watching the ball game.

I don't drink anything I don't like, just because it's alcoholic and there are plenty of times that I will have something non-alcoholic instead, just because it's what I'm in the mood for.