Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #1  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I am so tempted

To buy new pants. My 36" waist levi's are hanging on me baggy making my butt look very un-bootay-licious and all my other pants are ho hum and the hems are tattered from dragging on the ground (shorty alert). But, I just bought a set of new school clothes for my son, a set of new tires for my car and I need to replace my clutch and get a tune up. Depressing. And the even suckier part is that I live in the middle of nowhere, we have no shops. we have a grocery store, a bodega, a hardware store and the good ol' internet. I hate ordering clothes off the internet because they come and they don't fit (too long, too short, to snug, just wrong...the list is endless). Whats the point of this thread? To whine.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

man, you guys dont have like a walmart or target or anything?? crazy!
sarasynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

the closest walmart is 800 miles away. Look up dutch harbor, AK on google earth.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
the closest walmart is 800 miles away. Look up dutch harbor, AK on google earth.
Oh my gosh, I didn't think that existed any more on the planet. lol

I don't have a solution. Sorry you're in that boat.... could you do the trial and error thing with the ordering online?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Dutch habour...is that where they do the dealiest catch programme?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

wow, i definitely assumed there was a walmart or target at least every 20-50 miles, haha, thats how it is here at least!!
sarasynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

No, because I can't send anything back so I'm always stuck with stuff I'll never wear. Thats why I wish thay had real women modeling the clothes they sell on line. All pants look fabulous on a 110 lbs 5'9" model...on me, they look horrid. And I hate buying the same kind of pants over and over again, it just looks like I wearing the same ol' pants. I need a vacation and a shopping spree. I'd call my SO in San Fran and have him go shopping for me, but I'd hate to see what he came up with since he's always bothering me to wear short skirts (my legs are tree trucks with spider veins...ew...not in public).
Old 09-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #8  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

No Wal-Mart? How do you survive???

That kinda does suck... I rely on that place alot for cloths... because they are cheap and I go through sizes and dont want to waste a ton of money on them.

You have no little shops that sell clothes or anything like that?

Salvation Army even??
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Why on earth can't you send stuff back? Do you not have a postal carrier or UPS driver that can pick up things? I'm assuming there are no offices in your area.

I know with jeans this is kinda hard, but is there a neighbor or relative who can sew and alter things for you. Not as exciting as new, but it might help you get through until you take a trip to a larger town.

Personally, if I find a brand I like and I was in your shoes, I'd buy several pairs in different washes/colors. It may be boring, but you need clothes that fit.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Have you ever looked at Lands End? They have a virtual model you can try things on before you buy. You customize the virtual model with your height, weight, build, etc. That way you can see how something will look on you. They'll also hem thier pants for free.

Last edited by zenor77; 09-09-2008 at 06:36 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im so tempted to buy some uk size 10s....
my 12s all come off without being undone!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #11  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Some places, like oldnavy.com will offer you free shipping to return things. They actually include a return label with your order so if something doesnt fit you can send it back without having to pay shipping.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #12  
I'm a khaleesi!!

oooh, I swore off Old Navy years ago, their jeans always fall apart. And the free shipping with returns doesn't work from here and usually if you can get them to ship to Alaska (when they are not pretending that its another coutry) they put it on a ship and it takes 3 months to get here. I think I'm just going to have to suffer with baggy old pants till I go on vacation to see my honey, even if I ordered from Gap/Old Navy the clothes wouldn't get here till almost next year anyways. I'm just so sick of the pants I have and they are all saggy. I can wash them in hot water and dry them on high heat and they are a little bit snug when I put them on, but then, a half hour later they are sagging in the bootay and looking frumpy. *insert sad hobo face here* We have one store that sells clothes, but, the store is called Alaska Ship Supply and sells mens work wear and carhardts, which are not flattering on anybody. They have a great selection of alpaca thermal socks...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
oooh, I swore off Old Navy years ago,
Ah, me too, at least for pants / shorts. I have *never* tried on a pair with decent fit on my body, even if the size is right. *Always* gaps *horribly* in the back. But I get great cheap tanks on clearance .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Hey, I'd rather have old pants that I don't fit into anymore because I'm too small than have old pants that I can't fit into because I'm too big.

Do you know anyone up there? Maybe someone that knows how to sew and can hem the pants for you?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #15  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelypurple View Post
Hey, I'd rather have old pants that I don't fit into anymore because I'm too small than have old pants that I can't fit into because I'm too big.

Do you know anyone up there? Maybe someone that knows how to sew and can hem the pants for you?

Oh you are so right. I'd rather invest in a good belt then a whole new fatter wardrobe. Thats my decision. I'm getting a belt. Can't go wrong there. And, I can get a REALLY cool belt. I've avoided it for years now, but I'm going to have to sign up for ebay...*cringe* and just buy used cheap pants and beg the sellers to ship priority air so it only takes a month to get here instead of 3.