Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Default September NSV's

Hi Everyone! I was reading another board's NSVs and was thinking us 20-somethings are due for another one! For those that are unfamiliar with the term, a Non Scale Victory is anything that makes us feel good about our healthy living and success that isn't specifically tied to the number we see on our scales.

i've got a couple going...
1. My energy is improving to the point that I haven't made any excuses to not work out this week! Even though the seat on my bike is just about killing me at this point. lol

2. I'm very successfully avoiding 2 bags of chips and a box choc chip cookies that the hubby brought home. Further to that, I don't even want any!

Anyone else have some that they wanna share??
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

This one's kinda silly, but I was riding in the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car and caught a glimpse of my shoulder in the side-view mirror and my first thought was "OMG my shoulder almost looks petite, it looks so small!" and then I realized there was a shadow on the seat behind me so I thought "oh the shadow must just be covering part of it and it's an illusion, it's really not that small" . . .then I moved my shoulder away from the seat, and the shadow was never on my shoulder! I spent the rest of the car ride admiring my smaller shoulder in the mirror lol

Oh oh oh! I forgot. . (I have no idea how I let myself forget this?!) . . I fit into my "skinny jeans" the other day!! They're a small size 6, they were tight on me even when I was regularly wearing 6s in everything :-D

Last edited by lunabella; 09-04-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: i forgot my most recent nsv!
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

In regards to noticing your petite shoulder, I did something very similar today when I was taking my necklace off. I was looking in the mirror while doing it and I noticed just how skinny my neck looks! haha

Also, I saw one of my students for the first time today since June (we started back at school yesterday) and she looked at me and first commented on how she liked my haircut...but then, she exclaimed "Oh my god.....you look so good!" LOL. That just about made my day!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #4  
Token Short Girl

Don't you love it when you get unexpected compliments?! I visited my boyfriend at his college over the weekend and he said that he loved how tiny my wrists are, and for some reason that meant more to me than him calling me beautiful (maybe because he always sounds cheesy when he says it?)

ANYWAYS...I'm just starting out, and I'm just happy that I've found some healthy alternatives that really work for me. I've found that I absolutely lovelovelove water with a splash of limejuice in it. I'm thrilled about this, haha.
kellyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #5  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Congratz everyone for your NSV ^-^

uhm, this might sounds weird, but i just started doing lift weights yesterday, and right after that, my back that usually hurts doesn't hurt anymore. And today it didn't hurt at all.
Maybe that's my mind playing trick. But maybe lift weight really did help my back .. i know it will, but it was just one day. Lol. Still a NSV

also, i tried on few pants today that used to tight around my hip bones. Now they are perfect fine, some of them are losen. So yay, even tho the scale doesn't show i lost pounds, i can see i lost inches \o/ Talking about bones, my bf also said that he can see and feel my backbones now (i didn't have them until now). Yay

Last edited by Annita; 09-04-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #6  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday, I bought a pair of size 10 pants. I haven't fit into a 10 since my freshman year of college - that was nine years ago!!!

I actually just tried on every pair of pants I own and had to put over half of them in my house's donation box because they are too loose to wear anymore. Most of my shirts are also too large. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to purchase an entirely new wardrobe, so I'm going to have to keep wearing what I've got.

On another note, I'm also physically in the best shape I've been in since my freshman year of college. This weekend, I'm going to hike Mt. Elbert (second highest mountain in the lower 48 states!) with my BF and workout buddy. It's a goal I've been working toward for quite some time, so I'm pretty excited!

Congratulations to everyone on all of your successes so far!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well my only nsv recently was a slight give on my interview trousers which are a small size 14, but im pleased with that, means in 2 weeks they went from tight to fitting.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #8  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I was super stressed out today about my internship, because the paper work my school needs to do so I can start is not getting done (they just finally sent me the paper work, which took all of 5 minutes to fill out, it just took them 3 weeks to get it to me, via EMAIL!). But back to the actually NSV, I was super stressed and at Target, and man did I really really want a pie, I even took it out of the freezer case, but I manged to talk myself into putting it back and trading it for 100 calorie cheesecake bites and some turkey. I had one of those (which happily fits within my limit) and didn't eat anymore.

I think I might actually be able to start getting over the whole "emotional eating" thing. Yay!
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #9  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Ive been writing down everything thing I eat... and blogging regularly. I also have been keeping up with water and vitamins. More than anything, I am recommitted to weight loss and healthy living since September 1.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #10  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

*I got another badge on Daily Plate that I've logged in my food for 60 days in a row.
* As I posted before in another post: I jogged my fastest mile and continued to jog continuously for 2 miles straight..whooho!
* I have now re-discovered my collar bones, I was wondering where they had been!
* Compliments about how good I look from people at work always makes my day even after having a crappy night at work, busting my butt off + worrying if my patients are going to make it through the night alive

Last edited by BoopRN; 09-04-2008 at 09:22 PM.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  
Get through today

This is so strange, I think I may still be in shock, but choosing to focus on my health and REALLY dedicating myself to it has allowed me to resolve an issue with an old friend that happened almost 12 years ago. It couldn't have happened then, it couldn't have happened 5 years ago, and it couldn't have happened last year. Now, I am different. This time around, I'm different, and I am loving it!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I fit into a size 12 pants for the first time ever in my life. They are tight but still they fit.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #13  
I will do this.

Since I got back into watching my food since I came back from England my acne has cleared up.

I can also take the stairs to my car, talk on the phone at the same time and not get out of breath.

I can't see my tummy when I look down. Only boobs!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 AM   #14  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my NSV:

having so many teachers stop me and say ive lost weight and am looking fantastic for it....
really is such a fantastic motivator and an immense feeling of pleasure....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #15  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Recently, I discovered I have a collarbone. Granted, I suppose it was always under there, but this is the first time anyone's ever been able too see it. Also, my hands are starting to slim, and they don't look like they belong to a little fat boy anymore! I had to tighten the band of my watch last week!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote