Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #151  
I will do this.

I sweat other places, too. When I first started to work out I bought these brown workout pants. BAD IDEA. By the end of my work out I looked like I had peed myself. LOL
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
I sweat other places, too. When I first started to work out I bought these brown workout pants. BAD IDEA. By the end of my work out I looked like I had peed myself. LOL
That is so funny!

I'm glad other people sweat in weird places too, although I have found that most people do not sweat on the back of their upper thighs.... I wish I had something for that. It gets annoying to always have to make sure I'm not sweating or that I sit on the edge of my chair when I start getting too hot.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #153  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been sitting in my truck before running into the store on the phone before and had to get off the phone because sweat started dripping from the bend in my arm....my pits aren't bad but the bends of my arms, back of my neck, bends of my knees and thigh/pelvis area are the problems...anywhere that bends haha. And sitting on plastic or leather is terrible! You get all sweaty then you get stuck. I hate that.

My mom uses degree and it's the only thing that works for her. My cousin had surgery because her hands used to sweat really bad and it made her pits stop too...they weren't as bad as her hands but still bad.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #154  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
I did stick to mostly black, but it's because I like it. I am also a "spiller"...which means I usually end up spilling 98% of the food or drinks I have during day lol.....don't even get me started on coffee...it always ends up on my boob. I like black and it likes me. I think I will still wear black when I get to my goal weight because that's what I am comfortable in.
Taylor, are you my cyber twin? LOL! OMG! I only wear black. Day in and day out, that is all I wear. Black shirts, black or dark blue jeans. Back 2005, I wore color when I first lost weight, but then I gained it back and I felt the black hid the rolls better. I gotten so used to it now. My friends say my closet looks like a cartoon character; I'm not wearing the same thing every day, all of my clothes are just alike. Lots of jokes about me having to go home and change for a night out since I generally change into a clean outfit that looks EXACTLY the same.

Oh and when I do wear color, in like five minutes, I end up with something on it; motor oil, syrup, tea, something I can't even figure out...it never fails. Black is just sooooo much easier

So my fridge is busted and I had to cart my frozen foods (even my chicken breast) to my friends house three cities (25 miles) away b/c mom just went grocery shopping and couldn't squeeze me in. I'm so annoyed. I can't get any food this weekend and the only things I have left are kind of on the bad side. I kept a loaf of bread, and the eggs since the freezer can keep them cold, the fries and the bagels but that's it. I don't what I'm going to do for the next four or five days. I don't want to eat out...wasted money. This sucks...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Back from Boston Pizza (work outting) and i did OK. Not totally avoiding the large platters of fried apps. but controling myself. yay for me. i think that may be the first time I've done that and not felt deprived.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #156  
I will do this.

cali It does sound like we are cyber twins. I just feel comfortable in black...not that I wear it to make a statement or anything but I just like it. I totally hear ya on looking like you wear the same thing everyday - I do too. But I like what I like and that's all there is to it. (I am going to enjoy my teal shirt, though. However, it will be worn with a black button down sweater. ) I am so sorry about your fridge, too! That SUCKS!

I got myself a little treat at starbucks today because I am so under my calories. I got a little mini vanilla scone and they are 130 calories and 5 fat grams. I wanted it, I ate it and I still stayed within my calories. I wasn't so impressed with the fat grams but I kinda looked at it as a give and take kinda thing. I will get in some fruit (blueberries) and some more veg in with my dinner, though.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #157  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Heh. You guys are funny. I'm a spiller too, like hardcore. I spill everything.

Congrats on the restraint, still trying! I think we all know how hard that is.

Oof, sorry about your fridge, cali!

Tracy, boy do I know what you mean by "anything that bends!"
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #158  
Proud Marine Wife

I just told my husband about the "anything that bends" comment and he was nice enough to fight the laughter. He agrees with me that I really don't sweat much at all, just those particular situations.

Oh man, this is absolutely HILARIOUS! Tim (my husband) has a work cell phone because he just absolutely has to be available for those teenagers at all times day and night and he just answered and someone asked for Kelly, he's like "uhh...this is Sgt Adams with the Marines..." "the Marines?!?" and he said the guy held the phone away and said "hey dog, I got the wrong number" and they got off the phone after apologies.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #159  
I will do this.

I feel like I am been frickin' eating all day! I still have 226 calories left and I ate that mini vanilla scone thing, blueberries, an orange, added 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil to the shrimp and added a salad to my dinner!

Geeze, some days it feels like I only eaten two things and I don't have any calories left!

Oh well, looks like I can have some 100 calorie popcorn when my bf when we watch a movie.

Man, I am gonna repeat exactly what I ate today, again tomorrow!

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-05-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

How are your weekends going? I am thinking of upping my calories tomorrow. It seems likes lots of people do it to prevent their bodies from becoming stagnant and plateauing from always eating the same cals. That way you kind of surprise your metabolism?...
I don't know, i'm kind of worried though that I will gain. This is probably irrational.
rambling thoughts...
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #161  
Proud Marine Wife

I do that when I feel like I'm reaching a plateau. The more active you become, the more fuel your body needs, even in rest, so you require more calories. I spent a couple weeks exercising tons at the beginning of the year, eating about 1400-1600 a day, and gained weight. Once I upped it to 1700 I lost again. It's crazy and frustrating haha.

Why is it so stressful to become healthier to help reduce stress?

WOOHOO! the fight is on tonight!

How is your weekend?

Last edited by TracyFAdams; 09-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #162  
I will do this.

I did the same thing. I ate too little calories for my weight when I first started loosing..I stayed between 1,200 - 1.400 and now my range is 1,400 - 1,500.

I actually feel like I have a lot more energy since I upped my calories but I just gotta make sure I don't fill those extra calories in with chips or stuff that's nutritionally void.

My Dad's birthday is tomorrow. I am so excited! I just bought him a personalized cake from Le Bakery Sensual. It's a cake that looks like a bottle of wine and the wine is called "Old Fart" and the date is 1950 (the year my dad was born) and says "Like good wine, you get better with age!" It wasn't that expensive..like $100...which is a lot to me - but he is worth it and the cake looks sooo amazing! I am gonna treat myself to a tiny piece tomorrow.

I am just not gonna have any wine while I am there so I can eat a piece of cake and go to the gym before hand. The rest of the food is gonna be grilled shrimp, veggies, potato salad, corn and fruit...so I think I will be ok. I am also gonna watch my portions on the potato salad because that stuff can get addictive!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-06-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #163  
Proud Marine Wife

That is such a great cake! $100 is an amazing price. And you don't need wine if you have wine cake

I'm tired, I feel like I need more sleep and tonight is going to be so long...I'll be up until at least 2. I'm about to bake a cake for a friend that's coming over to watch the fight with us since his birthday is tomorrow too.

Have a great weekend! And for anyone else on the east coast and those on gulf coast, try to stay dry!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #164  
I will do this.

That is SO true! I don't need wine if I am gonna have a wine cake!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the good luck, ladies, but it didn't really help

I didn't even get called back. I had a pretty great audition, I thought...not the best I've ever done, but not horrible at all. All the girls the director called back are pretty thin, and I'm about 99% sure that that's what kept me from being considered. Vocally I'm better than most of them, and acting-wise I definitely hold my own. I know it's weight.

What kills me is that I'm not even that big!! I'm a size 12, but I'm tall, so if I were a size 0 I would just look weird. I'm pretty proportional, and ya know what? I'll say it, I'm pretty. I really am. I have really clear skin, bright green eyes, red-brown hair, and straight white teeth. The other thing is that there's NO REASON given in the script for this girl to be really thin. It's a very modern show, so the typical "ingenue" from classic shows doesn't really fit.

I'm so mad, I don't even know what to do. And I'm really sad, as well, because now this means that I don't get to do ANY performing this semester. I'm not in any performance classes (couldn't fit them in my schedule), and all the shows are cast (or in callbacks already). No voice lessons, either, because my teacher works at a conservatory so his students from the regular school year are all back.

I don't even know what to do....
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote