Old 08-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Let's see... Slimfast, Xenadrine, Tomato & Bean soup (all day, every day - not advisable btw.), leek soup (lasted 1.5 days, bleck), purging, mostly protein diet, no carb diet, no food diet....

messed up, isn't it? And it's only now that I've finally hooked onto eating a well balanced diet (without a gimmick!)
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #17  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

I have considered things like this before (especially wanting to take diet pills--not gonna lie...) but luckily I never had the means to carry out any of those things. I've been overweight basically my whole life, but I'm only 19 and didn't have much of my own income until the past year or so, so I couldn't afford diet pills (not that I would have been old enough to buy them anyways) and there's no way my parents would have gotten them for me. Also, I've done all of my own cooking since I was 10 or so (my mom = very lazy --> me = very independent), but since obviously my parents bought the groceries, they would have been suspicious if I suddenly requested all cabbage or all grapefruit. Haha!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/241/168

Height: 5'10

girl! so proud of you for not taking diet pills!!
I took what were called "e'ola drops" my entire high school life. My weight was any where from 130 to 180 in high school --- after I got out of high school I stopped taking them and at my heaviest I was 248.

Today I've had depression issues and I think a lot of it has to do with not being on the "upper" that I got from being on the diet pills.

So... i think they can affect you mentally too! way to go girl! keep up the good work
martiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 248/241/168

aaahahahah isn't that the truth!?!?!?
I look back at pictures and thik to myself... wow... was I a fool!
martiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I once water fasted for two weeks, I'm still not sure how I did it. But if you're even thinking about it, it is useless.

I did a vlcd for months last year (and did lose 80 lbs on it, but it came back with a vengeance, bringing me where I am today)

I've taking several kinds of diet pills, some provided my mum!

I have restricted my calories to under a few hundred a lot of times. I think it is the 'all or nothing' we have to break through. I hope it will work this time.

(and then there is of course that really, really silly time where I thought throwing up was the answer, is that a fad diet?)

Last edited by Quillie; 08-27-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #21  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I think it is the 'all or nothing' we have to break through.
I agree 100%.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #22  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

3 words: Hollywood Cookie Diet
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

I ate 700 calories per day for about 2 weeks, lost 10 pounds and gained it all back in like 3 days.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #24  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I also tried the cabbage soup diet, when I was like 17 and I have NO IDEA WHY... I wasn't even fat then! I looked amazing! But teenagers are always so self conscious about their bodies, and women in general always feel pressured by society to be stick thin. So hence, the crazy diet. Which made me horribly gassy and sick to my stomach and incredibly hungry. I lost weight but of course it came back. Not very healthy at all.

However, the cabbage soup could definitely be used in conjunction with a healthy diet. Say eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, a serving of almonds for a snack, grilled chicken salad for lunch, celery and hummus for a snack, and a huge bowl of cabbage soup for dinner, with perhaps some lean meat thrown in.

There were times when the cabbage soup would make me so nauseous just to look at it. I eventually threw it into the blender and whirred it smooth, and it was so much better then. It even tasted meaty somehow.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote