Old 08-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy Still not enough...

Does anyone have a great day, and feel like they still didn't do enough. They could have exercised more, or not eaten something, etc. etc.

I did fantastic today, but I feel like it could have been better. I'm having a hard time celebrating my small victories. I just started trying to lose weight again, so maybe my feelings of accomplishment will happen when I loose more weight over more time...

Anyone feel this way?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I feel that way a lot. I could've said no to *blank* or not eaten so much *blank* or did more *blank* but beating yourself up about it isn't going to help. Still, we're all guilty of that. Best thing I can tell you is that it's normal and not to let the pessimism of it get the best of you.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Yeah, I suppose.

Does anyone ever celebrate after reaching a mini goal, and how?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #4  
Are we there yet????

lately I've been buying myself a new article of clothing after each mini-goal. However, my mini-goals tend to be a little spaced out. For example, my next mini goal is to hit onederland by christmas.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i buy myself exercise related things i lost 5kg and i bought myself some new gym shoes, since mine were very old and had little grip. Next i think i'll get myself a nice adidas top for the gym. I find those kinds of rewards encourage me to keep going more- i want to wear my new stuff, so i have to exercise

Sometimes i am worried about not being hard enough on myself, not being strict enough. But its kinda tiring and off putting if you never praise yourself, or never cut yourself some slack. Its hard for me to learn that self praise is not fattening! But practice makes perfect
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
Does anyone have a great day, and feel like they still didn't do enough. They could have exercised more, or not eaten something, etc. etc.

I did fantastic today, but I feel like it could have been better. I'm having a hard time celebrating my small victories. I just started trying to lose weight again, so maybe my feelings of accomplishment will happen when I loose more weight over more time...

Anyone feel this way?
I was/am feeling exactly this way before I came on the site and read this. I followed my planned menu exactly today, but ate a few baby carrots here and there like everyday. I haven't splurged or binged or anything. I didn't exercise only because I was going almost 2 weeks in a row and when I went yesterday I nearly fainted so I decided I was in need of a day off. I'm on my TOM and even though the scale read 127 the last 3 days I feel like I'm 145 again and everyone, scale included is lying. I feel like crap and just want to jump into a pool full of cereal, but I'm pretty sure its due to my TOM. I know I did really good this week, eating according to plan and getting in some extra cardio.. and to reward myself, like every Sunday, tomorrow is my "cheat day."

sorry I didn't provide ANY advice, I was just glad to see I wasn't the only feeling down about doing a good job. I mean, I even went to Hot August Nights this evening where I was SURROUNDED by funnel cake and fried food vendors, and I was more disgusted by the food and everyone obsessing over it more than I was tempted.

hmmmmph.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i feel that way most days....
but if the scales remain to go down i dont feel too bad about it....
its when they stay still (like this week)....
i really get harsh on myself....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #8  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You realise when you gain weight that all of those times wishing for something else were so naive when you already had so much going for you. Your trying, your being healthy...nobody is perfect, so just celebrate how well you're already doing instead of concentrating on what isnt there.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I buy myself a gift after each 10 pound loss. No food items but a gift I might purchase for someone else, perfume, earrings, flowers, candles, a book, etc.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #10  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Height: 5'3"

I buy myself a present, usually a book. To celebrate starting my journey I bought myself an iPod shuffle so that I could have music to work out. My only thing is that I have to make sure my "present" is not something I can eat or else I will be "rewarding" everything and end up where I started :P.
Sidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #11  
I will do this.

When ever I loose 5 or so pounds I go and get my eye brows waxed. It's only 20 dollars and makes me feel really pretty.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #12  
Are we there yet????

20 bucks! man. I only pay 10 including tip!