Old 08-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default Happy :) (n a rant)

So I am FINALLY out of the 300's yay 4 me. And i wanted to to let you know how i was doing on the inches because my last post was bout the my maid of honor dress i wasnt really to thrilled about wearing i need to lose bout 3 more inches yay. I found out that the girl that will be doing my alterations used to be a girl i worked with be4 and let me tell u im nervous! she is the person to critique me. like the 1 time she brought in a tape measure to measure me cuz she didnt think i was wearing the right bra for my size it just wasnt doing justice (i thought my bras were fine lol) but when i had wrked w/ her i was smaller than what i am now so im sooo nervous and then when i called davids bridal to c when my dress was coming in the girl said that i ordered a size 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello r u serious??? when i went to order my dress i got a 30 to be safe n shes telling me its a 16!!!!!!!! im sry but there is no way in **** i will fit into that in sept when i still wear like a 24/26 so im a lil worried maybe i hoping she was reading it wrong and ive tried calling back but no1 can give me a def answer on what size it is?!?!? so im a lil stress n the bride isnt which im surprised but oh well it isnt m day lol but also in some of my threads i had mention that i was in competition with 1 of my guy friends to see who can lose 30 pds 1st and no 1 had believed in me accepted u guys which i was greatly appreciative ( n 4 the u guys who didnt know I WON ) but we are back at it again he gained his back n wants to lose 20 pds by the wedding so i need to lose 21pds. whoever wins has to throw cake in the other persons face at the wedding (approved by the bride n groom) cuz the bride n groom doesnt want to do it themselves so were kinda entertainment. lol but i reallly need to win cuz im spending 30.00 on my makeup to be put on cuz i gotta look good im maid of honor. but thanks guys 4 letting me rant if u have any ?'s or comments post them! sorry its so long!!!
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS SO FAR!!! That is amazing!

Don't worry about home girl you used to work with. One of my coworkers likes to make snide little backhanded comments... well, she disguises it and makes it sound like a compliment and then you realize she's being ugly. I just bite my tongue, nod and smile. [Otherwise when she makes comments about "did you lose weight? you looked a little "hippy" when you came in for your interview" or "you look like you gained some weight over the weekend" and my favorite is "why is it that white girls get those little tummies?" I would tell her how I really felt and be fired!] Sometimes people just say things like that to make themselves feel better. It's easier to pick other people apart when you don't really want to focus on yourself. You've lost a lot of weight and you're working really hard.... don't let her suggest otherwise.

When is the wedding? It seems like 20 lbs is a lot to lose in a month!!!! [Just a question]

Keep your chin up! Let us know how everything goes with the dress!

Last edited by Feral; 08-07-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

the wedding is sept 20
Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #4  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Congrats on your loss so far! Also a 16! It's not like that is one or two sizes off y'know. Like oh I meant to put 30, but it got put in as 28.. I mean that is just a total tank of the ladies skills. lol Let us know how it goes. Plus if you flash that smile you have in your avatar no one will be looking at the dress you deem so ugly!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #5  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Congratulations! Looks like you've been working hard. Kudos for your accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Don't worry about home girl you used to work with. One of my coworkers likes to make snide little backhanded comments... well, she disguises it and makes it sound like a compliment and then you realize she's being ugly. I just bite my tongue, nod and smile. [Otherwise when she makes comments about "did you lose weight? you looked a little "hippy" when you came in for your interview" or "you look like you gained some weight over the weekend" and my favorite is "why is it that white girls get those little tummies?" I would tell her how I really felt and be fired!] Sometimes people just say things like that to make themselves feel better. It's easier to pick other people apart when you don't really want to focus on yourself. You've lost a lot of weight and you're working really hard.... don't let her suggest otherwise.
Ha. I have a coworker like this. She's also overweight, but probably 50 or so lighter than I am. She was hard core into the Atkins, and when I wouldn't join her, she started making snippy comments like, "Well, you'd lose it faster if you did Atkins," and stuff like that. When I lost 20 lbs and the only place I could see it was in my face, she made sure to point out that I didn't look any different to her. In the beginning she seemed encouraging, so I'd share my elliptical successes with her, and she'd say that she did an hour when I only did 20 minutes and what not. She always had to top me. Since the face comment, I haven't shared anything with her, but people around her are commenting on how great I'm doing, etc.

Oddly enough, I'm down a little over 30 lbs and she hasn't hit her first 10 lbs yet.

There is a satisfaction in that.

Keep doing what you're doing, Curv, it's obviously working.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #6  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

thank you
Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congrats girlie!!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote