Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Changing goal

im curious to see how many of us actually change our overall goals as we near completion....
i know mines changed, has anybody elses?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #2  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I definitely agree. I had said 20lbs would be my goal, but now that's done and I'm not near feeling as healthy and fit as I can be, so I've set it for another 15lbs.

I think sometimes we underestimate how much change we can really do and I know for me, it's easier to aim low and succeed than to aim too high and fail...lol. maybe not such a great way to think...

MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #3  
Binger Extreme

S/C/G: 226/196/160

Height: 6'

I've done it. For a while I just wanted 195, then changed to 185, then 175, now its 160; not that I'm anywhere near any of my goals. But you know...
missella32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I've changed my goal...my original goal was 150...........Yesterday I weighed myself and I was at 148.5..so I know it's possible to be less.......So now I've reset my goal to 145...I think the lowest would be 140...A lot of my friends and coworkers are saying I look great now and if I lose much more I may look sick..lol
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I wonder about my goal too, especially when I see people of my height with a lower one. But, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Just getting to goal will be such an accomplishment, that I can't even begin to imagine the feeling- both of success, and the physical feeling of how I will look! So, for now, that is my goal..it seems far enough away, there's no way I'm lowering it!!!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not a twenty-something, but I'd like to chip in...

I view my goal weight as a tool. I originally picked a conservative goal weight that was lower than I'd been in recent years, within the BMI normal range, and seemed achievable. Primarily, I wanted a goal weight that I felt was reasonable.

I reached it, and immediately reset it 10 lbs lower. I was happy to reach that goal, but now I know I can look better and be healthier at a lower weight. So, I am using the new goal weight as motivation to see how well I can adjust to a lower weight and find out how I will look and feel at that point.

But if I don't reach my new goal weight, I won't consider myself a failure. I am looking for the weight that makes me comfortable, and if that is higher (or lower) than my current goal, then so be it.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

I have changed mine, I went from wanting to be 160, then changed it to 150 but now I am wanting to be about 140!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #8  
lost in translation

S/C/G: gw: 125

Height: almost 5'4

I originally wanted to be 120, and now I am pretty much there, but I continue to lose at a very slow pace.
I've grown pretty attached to my healthy lifestyle. I realized that I enjoy shopping for and preparing (and eating) good foods, and exercise cheers me up, usually.
I'm going to keep exercising and eating well, and if I lose more weight great, and if I don't, that is also fine!
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hah! I still have my "goal" but honestly, I don't really believe I'll ever reach it because my body has found it's "happy weight" and I can't seem to shift "these last few pounds" so I'll keep the crazy goal up to inspire me to continue striving and not be complacent, but I consider myself more or less at goal.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote