Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #1  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Default I'm back- and (hopefully) here to stay!!

Hey everyone,
I've been on and off this site for a few years now (woah!!) and finally have tons of motivation to stick back on my program.
Since this winter I've lost 20 lbs! Which is so exciting, my skinnier pants are fitting me again and I'm really motivated to keep going, which is why I'm heading over here for all the tips and support.
If anyone is interested in being a buddy, that would be great. Maybe just to exchange e-mails, diet/exercies pen pals I guess. I am 25, live in Montreal Canada, love music, chatting, movies, cooking yummy foods, cocktail hour and the color purple (literally). So, send me a PM if anyone wants to be my new buddy!

let's see, what else? oh I'm also addicted to magazines and have been following glamour's body by glamour. which is very cool and if you log on to the website you can track your workouts, see how much time you've logged and they give you exercies to do week by week. i think that's helped quite a bit.
...my only negative thing right now is, it seems my weight loss hasn't been noticed by that many people. I guess it's a bigger deal for me, but i figured 20 lbs would be a lot more noticeable...it just makes me motivated to lose even more!

so- hi to all!! hope everyone's having a great summer!!

Megan
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #2  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Welcome back! Congrats on the 20lb loss so far. Im sure people are noticing, but not saying anything. Lots of people notice and dont mention it cause they dont want to offend you or say the wrong thing or be wrong. Keep up the good work.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, I've been off and on for a few years too. And started my diet in Feb-and I've lost 30 lbs so far. Congrats on your 20 lb loss. I seriously haven't had anyone say anything to me until last week-and even then only one person asked if I'd lost some weight. But I agree with Candy-people notice but don't say anything.

I mean seriously, my Dad has lost over 70 lbs and no one has said anything to him until a few weeks ago. Either bc they don't want to offend him or bc they know that he's usually a very private person and don't want to bring up personal stuff with him (he has shushed people when they've said he's lost weight before but now that he's really losing weight he's a little dissappointed no one has said anything).

I personally ask people if they've lost-bc I don't see how saying you look thin is offensive. But people are weird about weight and money-it's like taboo to talk about it unless you're close to the person.
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #4  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

thanks for the replies girls.
I guess I agree about what you guys said- it is true that when I have mentioned to people that I am watching what I eat and exercising they mention that they've noticed I've slimmed down, so it might be in my head!
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey Megan! Congrats on the 20 lbs so far. I'm from Calgary and could totally use a buddy. I was on the board quite actively earlier this year, but have kinda disapeared and gained back most of the weight that the lovely 3FC chickies helped lose. I'm back again and hopefully will be able to lose again.

By the way I was in Montreal earlier this year for work (I only got to spend one night there) but I can't wait to get back. I absolutely loved it!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote