Binging...Within My Calorie Limit. - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/216.6/140

Height: 5'6

Me too mango! My bf bought boneless skinless thighs on accident, and so now I don't want to eat them. But I do b/c it's all we have!! ha!
flutestarkiss9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #17  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I agree -- I'd rather workout extra hard in the morning and have a light lunch than go out with a bunch of people and have to deprive myself and fight temptation all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango683 View Post
Swimming: Oh I totally don't make a habit of it! But, if I know that there's a dinner out on a weekend, or a trip to the bar or the BBQ, I'd rather prepare and partake, rather than deprive myself when I know it's still within my limits. Before, I was an uneducated eater- now I know better! I still can't help but feel a hint of guilt when it's not a boneless, skinless chicken breast:-0

If only we could all heed our own advice!!!!! I'd be amazing..hehe
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #18  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango683 View Post
Swimming: Oh I totally don't make a habit of it! But, if I know that there's a dinner out on a weekend, or a trip to the bar or the BBQ, I'd rather prepare and partake, rather than deprive myself when I know it's still within my limits.
I think that's a very healthy way of looking at it!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #19  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Did you actually binge, or did you just eat the whole thing at one time and feel heavy and full afterwards? I think binging and overeating are essentially different, though they have some similarities. Imo, finishing off an entire sandwich isn't necessarily binging (even a 700 cal one), especially if you ate it because you were genuinely hungry and hadn't eaten so much earlier in the day.
KLK - It may not have been a binge in the true sense of the word. I was genuinely hungry, and I overate (and I paid for it - I felt so sick last night). But mentally it FELT like binging, because I knew what I was eating wasn't the best choice for me, and I knew that I was eating more than I would need to feel satisfied, but in the moment I just didn't care. I just wanted to eat and eat and eat. And afterwards, I felt guilty.

Either way, it's not a healthy way to eat. I just want to nip this behavior in the bud before it becomes a habit.

Last edited by UrsusMaritimus; 07-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #20  
I will do this.

I do the same thing, sometimes. I have planned out my day on dailyplate with fruit and veggies and then sometimes I get this craving for a "bad food" but I will still measure out and eat 100 or whatnot calories of it instead of my apple and laughing cow.I know I haven't "binged" in the sense of the word, but I know I should have stuck to my original plan of healthier options. This is something I am working on.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/190/150

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=UrsusMaritimus;2280488]Rachie - thanks for the suggestions! I can do Lean Cuisines as long as they're vegetarian (I'm not a vegetarian, but there's no meat allowed in my house). I'll definitely check out the pizzas.
QUOTE]

I am a vegetarian and I really like the Amy's Frozen meals. They are low in cals, sodium and taste great. And no they do not all have tofu in them. I also have a good trick for pasta in a hurry...I love pesto so when I make it I amke quite a bit and I pour it into ice trays and freeze them. When they are forzen I pop them out and put them individualy into ziplock backs. When I am ready for dinner I put a portion of pasta (I try to cook some ww pasta in the beginning of the week) in abowl and a cube and microwave. They are perfect for a single serving as well as quick and easy. I do this also with really good homemade tomato sauce.
A Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote