Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/179/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking Renewing my vows to fitness!

If you have been on this path to health and thinness as long as I have, you're probably aware of how easily it is to slip... and then to let that slip become a binge, a week off plan, and then you're back where you started. It happens, we're human. But then what? I am making this thread to motivate myself (and anyone else) to feel the love again!

I just turned 21, and I used my birthday money to buy myself some new motion control running shoes, a hardcore sports bra, and some fun makeup treats from Sephora. I have officially run out of excuses and denial, so here I go again! Time to get crackin' before all the progress I made is totally gone.

So tell me, what do you all do to get out of a rut? What helps you feel in control and dedicated to yourself again?

I like to focus on:
-How fantastic I feel when I complete a tough workout, or when I can fit into a smaller size.
-How TERRIBLE I feel when I binge or eat off-plan for too long. You know, bloated, nauseous, lazy, FAT.
-Reminding myself that special occasions and treats are okay... occasionally! It's not a treat when I do it to excess and feel guilty or depressed.

Your turn!!
Spiders from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/118/110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiders from Mars View Post
If you have been on this path to health and thinness as long as I have, you're probably aware of how easily it is to slip... and then to let that slip become a binge, a week off plan, and then you're back where you started.
This is me! I have been stuck in this slump for months now. I have actually gained during that time. I mess up, i tell myself "well i already blew it" and binge, and say i will start again tomorrow.
Tomorrow comes and the cycle happens all over again.

I need serious motivation. I just don't know what to do=(
LucyFlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #3  

That's definitely my problem, too. I have to try and remind myself that a one day binge sucks, but it doesn't hurt my progress nearly as much as a month long binge! Try looking in the "Chicks in Control" forum, that helps me!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyFlicker View Post
This is me! I have been stuck in this slump for months now. I have actually gained during that time. I mess up, i tell myself "well i already blew it" and binge, and say i will start again tomorrow.
Tomorrow comes and the cycle happens all over again.

I need serious motivation. I just don't know what to do=(
I get into ruts heaps too (you know, you have short ones, then you have really long ones, then you have the ones you didnt realise you were in until you see what little progress you have made...). I try to set myself little achievable goals and work my way into it again, taking baby steps. And i write down what i do, what i achieve. Then i can look back and say "look, I did that "
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i love the feeling of clothes fitting that wudnt fit before....
i love the feeling of being in control of what i eat and what i dont eat....
i love working out hard, sweating hard and seeing the results....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I think the hardest thing is to get back up when you fall. i know my problem is when i blow my diet to get back on, instead i use that as an excuse to blow the whole day... sunday i ate so much i had to go lay down! not fun. food is like a compulsion and i need to replace it with exercise
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/192/155

I'm in the same boat as you are! Getting the motivation to KEEP GOING is tough.
lilukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #8  

I had a lunch date yesterday at a Mexican restaurant. I did as well as I could, but it wasn't the healthiest. Today I'm trying to stay motivated and not feel guilty.

-My skin looks dewy and clear when I'm eating a healthy diet
-It feels so good to complete a hard run (especially in good shoes!)
-I don't want to spend my 20s fat and missing out on opportunities anymore.

I really need a buddy to chat with over e-mail or AIM since I don't have any weight loss buddies in real life. Would anyone else benefit from having one-on-one motivation and accountability?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/190/150

Height: 5'9"

I have been stuck in a slump for year and half after an injury. I finished my physical therapy but just had no umph to get going again and it has been so hard to get motivated again. The kicker for me was that I was trying to lose weight for my wedding (June 21st) and I ended up gaining more weight (like 25 lbs). When I got back from my honeymoon I was looking at the pictures and I was so unhappy even though i had the time of my life during it. That is when I renewed my vow to fitness. It has only been a few days mind you but I feel different this time like I want it so bad.
A Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #10  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Red Head View Post
I have been stuck in a slump for year and half after an injury. I finished my physical therapy but just had no umph to get going again and it has been so hard to get motivated again. The kicker for me was that I was trying to lose weight for my wedding (June 21st) and I ended up gaining more weight (like 25 lbs). When I got back from my honeymoon I was looking at the pictures and I was so unhappy even though i had the time of my life during it. That is when I renewed my vow to fitness. It has only been a few days mind you but I feel different this time like I want it so bad.

Congrats on your wedding!!! I know how it feels to be disappointed at not reaching a goal for a specific event, but it's great that you're using it to motivate yourself! And kudos to you for not letting the injury keep you down. Good luck
Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiders from Mars View Post
I really need a buddy to chat with over e-mail or AIM since I don't have any weight loss buddies in real life. Would anyone else benefit from having one-on-one motivation and accountability?
I would totally benefit form a buddy. I to have now one here to discuss these things with and it is very hard. I have friends that don't need to lose weoght but hinnk they do so I feel almost stupid discusing my weight loss issues with them. I will send you a PM with my email address in it and you can send me a message if you want.
A Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #12  

Hi, Red Head! That would be great. I can't PM yet, but you can e-mail me at nataly @ kittenpile .com