3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   One Hundred Pushup Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/145285-one-hundred-pushup-challenge.html)

UrsusMaritimus 07-01-2008 03:02 PM

One Hundred Pushup Challenge

Has anyone ever seen this site?

www.hundredpushups.com

You work your way up to being able to do 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks. Sounds insane, right? My crazy colleague told me about it today. Pretty soon she had me and another friend doing pushups on the floor of our office, counting them off like a drill sargeant!

I was actually surprised to discover that for my initial "test," I was able to do 10 consecutive pushups with good form - I thought I'd be a quivering lump on the floor after five. I followed the instructions and 10 minutes later, I had done 30 more, for a total of 40!

I think I'm gonna take this challenge... anyone else want to try it?

I'll let you know when I get to 100! :drill:

moralitylikeart 07-01-2008 03:08 PM

ahaha I am up for it, I've only ever been able to do one with good form though, in middle school my gym teacher yelled and me and was like "you're done" after one :[
So I can really only go up from here

UrsusMaritimus 07-01-2008 03:18 PM

Sweet, let's do it! The website has a plan for you no matter what your starting number is.

SavingServo 07-01-2008 03:25 PM

This sounds awesome. :) I think I'll give it a go, although I'll probably be doing a "girl push-up" but maybe if I can do that I 'll move up to a real one.

GradPhase 07-01-2008 03:33 PM

I'm IN! Anyone want to partner up?

theresia 07-01-2008 05:13 PM

Hi, just wanted to tell you that there are some other people doing this in the "exercise forum" http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144300
Good Luck everyone!.. I will start my first day today, (if I can handle it :))

sgregg 07-01-2008 05:21 PM

That's neat! I don't know if I can even do one with the good form..haha. I may try it tonight to see what I can do.

UrsusMaritimus 07-01-2008 10:27 PM

Awesome! Let's check in after the two week test.

My bf just told me the most pushups he's ever been able to do consecutively is 50. It's going to be awesome when I double that.

bida 07-01-2008 10:54 PM

I'm in and will start tonight!!!!

redlight 07-01-2008 11:07 PM

This sounds cool. I've been looking for a challenge after losing weight.

gigantosaurus 07-02-2008 12:44 AM

This sounds like fun, I'm in! I'll start tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can even do one push up to be honest. :o

paris81 07-02-2008 09:16 AM

Yes, this looks great, I'm totally in! I have a question though...How do you get to 100, if the last week is only at 56? Are they expecting that you can do more? I mean, it seems to be a long way off, I wonder if it will actually take longer? (I haven't done the intial test yet, but I have a feeling I'll start off very, very low--and I'm definitly going to have to do the 'girl' one!)

Annita 07-02-2008 10:14 AM

nice. I can't even lift myself (my arms are weak =.=) but yeah, i will give this a try. Love challenge =^^=

UrsusMaritimus 07-17-2008 06:40 PM

Just wanted to update y'all on my pushup progress!

The good news: I'm still "doing the hundred." I've made it through Week 3, Day 2, following column 2. That means today I did a total of 91 pushups, broken down as follows: 22-17-17-15-20.

I can officially do more pushups than my boyfriend. :D When I did my "exhaustion test" at the end of Week 2, I was able to do 33 consecutive pushups.

Unfortunately, my right shoulder has started clicking during my sets, and it feels kind of wonky. This sucks - I've never had shoulder problems before.

I think I'm going to stick with Week 3 for a while - work on good form rather than increasing the number I can do. Once I figure out a way to do 'em without hurting my shoulder, I'll move forward. :shrug:

Anyone esle still doing this? If so, how's it going?

UrsusMaritimus 07-17-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

How do you get to 100, if the last week is only at 56?
Sorry, I didn't see this question before!

I think the idea is that if you can do four sets of 25 pushups (give or take one or two), followed by a final set of 56, you're already doing WAY more than 100 - just not consecutively. In theory, you should be ready and able to do a single set of 100.