3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   One Hundred Pushup Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/145285-one-hundred-pushup-challenge.html)

MonteCristo 07-18-2008 08:44 AM

Hi! I just started the 100 pushup challenge. Today will be Day 3 of Week 1 (the first level). I wanted to do regular pushups, so I started at the lowest level. I'm not too sure about my form, as I've never had anyone check it out, but it looked okay in the mirror (from what I could tell). The most I've done was 15 (4+3+2+2+4) but that is a great improvement for me. I can't wait until I'm as far as Jaclyn! You go girl!!

UrsusMaritimus 07-18-2008 12:08 PM

Hey Monte, way to go!!! And thanks for the encouragement.

This pushup thing is kind of fun, isn't it? I was shocked at how many I could do in the beginning (10 -I figured I'd be able to do ONE, if any) and I've been amazed at how quickly I've improved.

Keep me posted on your progress!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Annita 07-18-2008 12:23 PM

i don't start to Push up challenge yet although i've started to do wall push ups. I couldn't even do 1 good form, so my idea was to work on getting my arms stronger abit before I start my challenge.
Well good thing is, after 2 weeks of practicing wall push up, i can do a few good form. SO by the end of this month, I'll start my challenge ^^

flutestarkiss9 07-18-2008 01:05 PM

I'm gonna try this out!

SSmomof1 07-19-2008 05:27 AM

I think I'm going to try this out. Right now I know I can do 2, sometimes 3 sets of 10, then I'm waxed. This is the perfect way to push myself!!!

NishKitten 07-19-2008 07:41 AM

Augh!

I thought this would be easier for me since i've spent my entire time in the army being a smart *** and yelling at people with more rank then me (the front leaning rest is my default position) but this was harder than I thought! Since there isn't a time limit, I think I could do this in a few weeks time. As for my first try, I did 67 consecutive push-ups before I hit muscle failure and my arms still hurt!

fancy daisy 07-21-2008 08:44 PM

I'm going to give it a try!!

UrsusMaritimus 07-21-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

As for my first try, I did 67 consecutive push-ups before I hit muscle failure and my arms still hurt!
You did 67 on your first try? Holy cow! I would be doing a celebratory dance if I were you - after flopping around on the floor like a fish for a few minutes. :)

Way to go everybody! I'm glad so many people are up for it! Now drop and give me 20!

Annita 07-21-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus
Holy cow! I would be doing a celebratory dance if I were you - after flopping around on the floor like a fish for a few minutes

Lol, QFT.
Totally understand this feeling.