Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #1  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Two Questions

Number one, do any of you weigh your portions? If so, can you give me an idea of where to find a CHEAP but good food scale? I've pretty much been eyeballing things, but sometimes I think I overestimate or underestimate how much things are.

Secondly...I have been such a slacker lately! I haven't even been doing the basic things around the house, much less actual exercise...what is with me? It's not that I don't have the energy, I just don't want to do anything! So my question is, how do you guys get out of these lazy slumps???
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #2  
I will do this.

1)I want a scale too - so I am gonna wait and see what other people say about that.

2)As far as the energy I have found that if I don't workout I loose energy! I know it sounds crazy but working out gives me so much energy. Also do you drink a lot of coffee? I that that this can raise and drop your blood sugar within 2 hours! Also getting enough sleep is really important to me.
Also I have found when I clean my apartment I feel so much better about the environment that I live in and it makes me feel better.
AND LAUGH! I love renting funny movies and laughing! It gets me smiling and feeling good!

I hope this helps!

I am also interested and see what other people have to say!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #3  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

used to weigh food...you can get a decent scale at bed bath and beyond or look for one on ebay or amazon (probably a better bet).

I'm lazy too, so i can't help much with that!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #4  
Nefertiti

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/155

Height: 5'8.5"

When I feel lazy (which I often do), I move! Even if I don't want to, I get up and do Something. Call someone. Get the mail. Take my dog on a walk. Sometimes just moving around will ignite the energy and put me in a better mood!
embug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

1. Yes I measure everything, eather weighting it or using a measuring up. I have just the cheap analog scale that they carry at like Kmart or Target. It works good. I know that I cannot eyeball my portions.

2. Its heard when you get in those slumps. I've been so busy that when I am in my apartment I just want to do nothing. Yesterday I got invited to go out and just said I can't do anything until I clean my room that way it forced me to clean before making any plans.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

I use a Salter digital scale - don't remember how much it cost, though, since I've had it a long time. It's really small so stores easily in countertop drawer.
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #7  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

You can get a wicked cheap scale at Wal-mart for like 5 or 6$. I have the worst time eyeballing food!

Drink alot of water!! That always helps me out of my slumps!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, thanks for the tips! I ended up ordering a digital food scale from ebay for $15, with free shipping. Can't wait to get it and see how I've been doing on my estimations! I just don't know what I'll do about the laziness.
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #9  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

You get energy from working out due to the flow of oxygen. SO I wake up really early in the morning to walk. I do deep breathing exersices to wake me up. Just breath in and out for six counts. Do that a few times and then you might pick up a little bit.
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote