Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default No matter how long I'm at this

it's still so frustrating to not know what the heck the deal is with the scale. I was down to 157 the beginning of the week but the last 4 days have gone from 159-161 again. I have an IUD and don't get AF but I do bloat and stuff but I'm not sure if it's that time or not. You would think I'd be more in tune with it beings I'm watching my weight so close but I always forget and I never write it down. I just assume if it goes up it's that time. Which in this case is what I'm hoping. But, how long should it stay up if it is? Like I said, it's been about 4 days. I've been doing exercises on my ball like crazy, been doing 10 min solutions instead of just WATP, and also eating great. I am hurting because I'm working all different muscles in new ways again. I've been over my cals a few days but not by more than 100 or so. What is the problem? Why do our bodies have to keep us thinking all the time?
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #2  
I will do this.

Don't loose faith! I learned that females can carry up to 5 pounds of water weight on any given day!

How about your sodium intake? Is it above 2.400 a day? I have kept mine below 1.500 for the last 2 days a lost just a ton of bloat!

Also, water, water, water!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the extra calories - being over by 100 is not a big deal - esp with the all the workouts you have been doing. You can try actually adding 100 more calories to see if you have been eating enough because of all the working out and if that doesn't work subtract 200 calories from your diet the following week to see if that helps.

It took me darn near a month to figure out how many calories a day will work for me. I started off at 1,700- now I am sticking to just about 1,300 to 1,500 a day. I also change it up a bit eating more one day and less the next

Don't give up! I am sure everything will turn out ok next week. Just stick with it.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I was just asking my hubby if he thought I should maybe up my calories. He has no clue when it comes to this stuff so I don't know why I asked him. I'll stick it out a couple more weeks before I try that. I try to stay at about 1592...strange number I know but it's what the daily plate gives me right now....maybe I should be getting less? I never count the calories I burn while workin out on my ball. I don't get my heart rate elevated while doing it so I just don't think about it. I think of it as an extra boost. I also drink about 100 ounces of water a day. Besides my one cup of coffee in the morning it's my only drink.

I think I'll stay this week and then go lower next. IF that doesn't work I'll go higher again. Oh, and that 1592 is calories taken in before exercise. I don't mess with net calories after working out.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #4  
I will do this.

Yeah I don't mess with the net calories after working out either - but I do add my workout to the dailyplate to keep track of when I work out.

It sounds like you have a good plan there - and maybe keep an eye on the sodium
Old 06-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

you know I kind of been having this problem .. its frustrating .. I go down around 4-5 lbs then it comes back then I go down and then it comes back .. it drives me crazy! definately if you are feeling the "bloat" then its most likely water weight... It took me a long time to come to terms with this because for some reason I was determines to blame it on myself ..and I thought people ( i.e. my mom was telling me this to make me feel better , which btw didn't work lol ) ..BUT I finally figured it out ... the only good thing that has come out of obsessing and weighing myself everyday is I got to see myself literally shoot up 5lbs overnight and obviously that is NOT possible! so my mom was right .. it was infact water weight and now I've learned that I don't have to blame it on me "gaining it back"

sorry for the blah blah..
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Blame it on the scale. My scale and I aren't talking right now.

I have the exact same problem. I started off about 150lb, lowest in this diet has been 138.0lb, and then this week I'm back up in the 140s - about 142-143 (for honestly, the 17th time in 3 months)! It drives you crazy, but then I measured myself when I first started, I was 36-29-39. I'm now 36-27.5-37.5 and I started wearing a size 7, now can fit into a size 6. So that's one way that really helps when the scale doesn't.

One of my managers at work is insane with workouts and diet because he's training right now for something. Anyway, he was telling a co-worker and I the other day that in the summer months when it gets hot, your body actually tends to retain more water, thus water weight because of the humidity and heat. A good way to flush it out is to keep yourself hydrated, even though it sounds to contradict, it works.

Just don't give up. Keep tabs on inches and pants size. Remember, in the end, it doesn't matter what weight you are, as long as you feel good.

Last edited by scorpio88; 06-24-2008 at 09:38 PM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #7  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I think everyone has this problem that is why its good to just set your goal about 10lbs below what you want to weigh because of the fluctiation just stick to the plan and the weight will continue to come off and dont forget the closer you get to your goal weight it becomes a little harder to shed unwanted lbs!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #8  

I write everything down, and as long as I am meeting my calorie goal I don't worry about what I weigh. In fact, I don't weigh myself. I base my success on how my clothes fit. The scale would drive me crazy and cause me to just give up.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #9  
I will do this.

Seriously! I only weight once a month a week after TOM and some months I don't weight at all! To me, this is not a numbers game. That would only drive me insane!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I have to admit, I'm addicted to my scale right now. When it goes down, it's great, but even when it inches up just a eensy-meensy bit I'm heartbroken. But, the highs are still worth the lows, and both keep me focused.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote