Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #1  

Location: I live in Cleveland but I'm from and miss Minnesota so bad!!!

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default Well hello!

Hi 20 something girls. I'm new here. I was going to put this in the "I'm New Here" sub forum but I decided to put it her instead.

I'm about to start a new diet this Monday. I'm doing the Atkins diet. I've done it before but apparently I was never doing it right. Oops.
So anyways. I'm trying to get back down to 150 by Sept/Octish. I think I have to lose about 3-4 pounds a week to do that!

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have some good tips for me as I venture into this new journey and hopefully change my life and health.

Thanks!
LesleeAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #2  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi and from a fellow Minnesotan (I was born and lived there until I was about 10... I miss it too! Still try to visit every couple of years.)

The only tips I really have for you are drink lots of water and make sure you're getting some sort of exercise! OH, and check in here often - these girls (and guys) are awesome and provide so much support and advice!

Best of luck to you!!
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #3  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

WELCOME!! I've never done atkins before so I can't help ya out there but if you ever get discouraged or just wanna give up... COME HERE!! You'll find such great support, motivation, and golden advice!! We both want to lose the same amount of weight and I want it gone by the end of October. Hopefully we'll have great success stories to share then!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

There's an Atkins area (Low Carb section) under Diet Central. Definitely check it out!

Trying to lose 3-4 lbs a week may be realistic in the beginning, but may not work out long term. It gets harder to lose weight as we near our goals. And what if you were to not make your goal by September or October? What if it took a whole year? It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you're eating healthy, exercising, and taking care of yourself along the way. It's more important to keep the weight off forever than to take it off quickly to begin with.

Focus on being healthier. The weight will come off in time.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

welcome....
enjoy ur stay....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Hi!!! Welcome to the board, you'll love it there.
I'm not familar with Atkins, never done it... so I have no tips regarding that. But, I wish you the best of luck.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote