Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default To My Regular Ladies:

HEY!
I MISSED YOU ALL! Chris, Shan, Sonja, Cookie, Tiff, Bronwyn, omigosh, there's too many of you to name, and I'll forget someone anyhow, so I won't even try!

(It's me. Remember me? The forum obsessed one? The one who hasn't graced the forum with her presence in a decade?)

Where the **** have I been?

Well, the dealio is that I stopped going to the gym. Flat out. Haven't been in weeks. Feel like crap. My weight's been yoyoing, and doing some very icky occasional (but small) ups that I'm not a big fan of. I haven't COMPLETELY fallen off the wagon eating-wise. But I have been indulging in too much junk and haven't touched Fitday in a long time to keep track of how many calories I've been taking in. My weight bounced up for a few days, and I felt crappy, but didn't hit the gym, I instead just watched what I ate for a bit.. kinda.. still allowing myself treats here and there...

Anyhow, the shocking point I've come to is: I'm at 162 lbs tonight. Now, correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure that that means that despite a bit of ups-and-downs, I've been able to keep things pretty constant without insane hectic forcefully perfect eating! And that gives me hope for the future!

Basically the long and short of it is that I got this great job that I had been REALLY holding out for, but now I've got 5 college courses and 2 part time jobs, and I'm busy as ****! Thus, my absence.
That, and falling off the wagon-- it's not that fun to come to the forums and be like, "Hi, my name is Jess, I'm a foodaholic. *pause for the obligatory 'Hi Jess.'* Tonight... I ate three extra large slices of greasy pizza... and I sat on my ***." *applause*

BUT. I have new motivation. *gasp*
This past summer I lived in Ireland for four months, and while I was there I was seeing this pretty Irish boy named Trevor. Buuut, Trev travelled to Thailand for 6 weeks and his return home was significantly after I had already gone back to Canada. Thus, that was kind of that.

Until. *suspense!*

I found out that Trevor's planning on coming to see me here in Canada this summer! Taa-daa! He'd be coming JUST after my June 11th (birthday) goal of 135.

Anyhow, he's definitely serving as new motivation, I'm in dire need of getting back into shape! Here's the thing tho-- I have SO little time in my schedule right now, if I want to go to the gym, I'm gonna have to start leaving at 6:30 am... Man, I don't think I can get up that early. I, on a regular basis, sleep through my 9:30 am classes. I don't know what to doooo!!!

But yeah. HELLO LADIES, I MISSED YOU!! <33333
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #2  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

wb hun
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/155/142

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Back!
I'm still just a total lurker but I missed you, you really are very motivating ()! I'm sorry you're so busy right now but congratulations on your new job!

Hope to be reading more fom you again soon!
scandalouschicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:58 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there welcome back!

Great job on maintaining while being away from 3FC!

Have you started up fitday again? Even if you don't hit the gym, you could start tracking your calories, for sure

You seem to have a very busy schedule, but what time are you able to get to bed? If you want to get to the gym in the morning you may have to force yourself to get to bed earlier in order to wake up to the lovely alarm clock sounds at 6:30 am.

You can do this! (And that Trevor sounds like good motivation )
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
So glad you checked in!!! AND so glad you're still at 162!! Er, well, I guess I'd be gladder if you were like 140 or something but you get my point.
I'm on my way to the dentist right now otherwise I'd write you lots. But let me steal some advice that SlimmingDown wrote in a thread about early morning workouts (try to find that thread, she writes a whole long thing about this) -- she suggests setting your alarm for 20 mins before you want to wake up, then, when the alarm goes off, take a caffeine pill. When the alarm goes off again in 20 minutes, you'll just pop right up! Of course, things like caffeine pills are, er, sketchy to some, but IMHO, they're just a cup o' joe in pill form (of course, she began this routine using diet pills, which to me is a whole other story). I haven't tried this trick myself, but she swore by it!
But please please try to post once in a while, we miss you so!
S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 03-13-2008 at 07:49 AM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  

WELCOME BACK JELBB!!!

We all fall off the wagon every now and then (it's progress not perfection), what matters most though is that you're back. Today is a new day! What better time to get healthy than right now!

Maybe start slow with the working out. For you to leave at 6:30am how long of a workout will that be? Try just a half hour every other morning and see how that goes. With your Irish boy coming to town that's great motivation to hop out of bed and get moving. Who knows? Maybe by the time he comes and you reach that goal you will be used to working out in the mornings (worth a shot).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Jess!!!!

Wow, I've missed you around here! The weekly chat is the same without you! I'm sorry to hear that you've fallen off the wagon, but hey at leasted you maintained!

A cute irish boy, coming to visit me would certainly motivate me to get back on track. (cute boys with sexy accents...are my weakness).

Glad you're back and can't wait to see you around here again.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I'm a total lurker too and was wondering where you were, I like reading your posts, you're too funny. Welcome back!
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

haha jess you even bring the lurkers out!
can i just say, ALL respect here, that i cannot understand lurking?? don't you get so bored just reading and not responding?? to all the lurkers out there, come on out!!
gosh i'm hyper right now.
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

wb... I'd been wondering where you were
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote