Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #1  

Talking Newbie Here

Hi Everyone.. I'm a newbie here, I'm 22, so I figured this would be a good place to start.

A little introduction to me: My name is Jessica. I live in West Virginia. Due to a new job I recently moved 2 hours away from my hometown including all of my family and friends. I've been on and off this forum for several years but due to personal issues I've always given up and quit visiting the boards. I'm back for good this time. I feel as if God has given me the chance to turn my life around by offering me this new job. I have never been a very religious person, actually not at all, but I started reading "Making a Better You" by Joel Osteen and this book has opened up my life and has helped me get in touch with myself. God has put the strength in me to do this and I WILL do this. I have no limits.

My highest weight was 229 pounds... and current weight is 218. My first goal I would like to reach is 199. My final goal as of now is 150. I don't remember ever being under 170 lbs, pretty sad huh? I'm not following any specific plan, just exercising, eating healthier and focusing on myself for a change.

I hope to meet many new friends on here to help me through this journey of my life.
HeavyWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #2  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Jessica,

Sounds like things are going well for you. Don't give up - each day is a new start and you already know how supportive and motivating this place can be.

Jump right back in and good luck!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jessica! Wow, I totally could have written parts of your post - I don't remember ever weighing under 170 (and I actually am not sure if I remember weighing under 179). I started off around your current weight and am staring onederland right in the face You're off to a great start! You'll be there in no time. Remember, everybody's here for the same reasons, and we all have our ups and downs, we're here for you no matter what!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/177/155

Height: 5' 10"

Hello. I'm new too. Just joined today, in fact... It's true what they say about gaining weight when you get married. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary in January and I've got over 20 pounds to show for it!! I'm a little wary of dieting because I took it slightly too far as a teen. Planning on trying to do it the healthy way this time!! What have been the most inspirational/helpful parts of this site that you all have found so far?
Thanks!
Toscana3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #5  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

welcome girls
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!