Old 02-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Dieting when sick. UGH!!

I don't get sick often (being a teacher I get exposed to everything) but I have come down with something, a cold I think. So what do you guys do when you’re sick? Do you wheeze through your workouts or just rest until you're better?

I am also draining (sorry so grosses) which is making me want to eat to settle my stomach, but so far I have stuck to drinking gallons of tea. How do you guys stay on plan when you are sick and all you want to do is lay in bed and eat?
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #2  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

I have been sick too. I have bronchitis and I have been lazying around the house for the past week and a half. I haven't gained weight, in fact, I lost about a pound, but I am having problems now that I am getting better. Today is my son's 2nd birthday party and I kind of binged for a bit. Sometimes it takes will power. When I want to binge eat for whatever reason, I try to log on here and see the great progress of others and that makes me tend to want to stay on my diet. You do what you have to do to stay with your diet. I am going on a road trip next month and I am already planning our stops and trying to figure out the game plan so I don't binge eat. I hope that all goes well with you and that you find a game plan that works for you.
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #3  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, I'm home with the flu now. (Stupid wrong strain flu shot)

I worked out on Saturday and felt alright, I tried it Sunday and thought I might die.

Food wise, it's been mostly a liquid diet of juice and gatorade. I don't even want to think about how many calories that is, but just water was making me nauseous. Actual food, I had half a bowl of soup on Saturday and that's been about it. The husband made me drink an Ensure this morning before he left for work because he was worried.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #4  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

Ive been fighting one of those chest congestion and cough deals (and losing the battle, frankly) for the past few weeks. I've continued to work out, even do cardio...its not exactly fun, but I have noticed after wheezing through a workout, I'm actually able to cough up a lot of the crap in my lungs easier...sorry for anyone grossed out by that description...but yeah, I didn't want to lose ground by laying too low, I find its easier to keep up a workout than to start back up after being inactive for a while so I made the decision to keep at it. Still, on the worst days when I first started getting sick I did take it easy, and I've been trying to give myself extra hours of sleep and I'm drinking a ton of fluids every day. At this point I don't really feel bad, just have the ocasional cough here and there during the day. I am hoping it will be gone soon enough. I keep saying that...lingering colds suck.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #5  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Yikes! Sorry so many of you have the sickies!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

I have bronchitis at the moment, and since i have asthma, i really don't feel like exercising much. I suppose I also don't feel like eating much. ^_^ I have been taking a few short walks around before mealtimes, if only to avoid sitting up in the bed 24 hours a day. ^_^ the cough syrup keeps me from sleeping well. Yesterday I even picked up my weights and lifted them a bit, though I feel tired like heck.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote