Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #1  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Default p90x and Tony Horton

Hey random peoples,
Just curious if anyone else on the boards has dabbled with p90x. I did my first round over the summer and lost 26 lbs over the 13 weeks. Funnily enough, I took a little break and did another round and gained about 15 lbs (I was trying to GAIN weight...go figure). I did 3 more weeks of p90x and then the plus came out and I wanted to give it a whirl, so I'm on my third week of that right now. I've lost about 12 lbs over those 6 weeks and I absolutely love the workouts. Actually, I think I have a man crush on Tony Horton You can be there, sweat running all over the place and then he says something crazy and you start cracking up in the middle of working out (that's what happens with me at least); the guy really loves what he does. I just like that because sometimes the stuff is really hard and I like the fact that he has a sense humor...unlike some trainers who just scream in your face (I'm not a fan of that). Anywho, wondering if anyone's had the same experience and what ya guys think. D'okay, buh byes
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

My husband had been talking about P90X for over a year, he wanted it SO bad! So, for his birthday I bought it for him (Feb. 6th-too bad he's deployed and can't use it!) So, I read the menu/diet plan and I'm toying with the idea of using the DVDs. Do you think I'd like it as a female? He swears up and down that I'd get addicted to it, so I'm thinking of trying it.
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  
Image isn't Character

Yeah, you should give it a whirl. There's women in all of the videos and you can modify stuff if you have to (****, I know I had to). Lots of people bash the yoga for being repetitive and boring, and for being hard. Sure, it's hard, I hated the first time I did it. But, I kept going at it and now it's my favorite workout of the week. I just feel so calm and relaxed when I'm done, like I don't have a care in the world. But, yeah, try it out...it's a lot of fun if you get into it.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #4  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I know my husband has done a few workouts with his buddies and he said it's hard core but he loves it. That's why I thought it'd be worth the money to get it for him. I think I'll try it tonight... Do you stick to the eating plan or what diet do you do? I eat basically the same things they suggest in the eating guide, I just go by WW for my portion sizes, etc. Also-do you do the protein shakes or anything? I've been told since I'm doing more strength training, to maybe substitute my normal breakfast with a protein shake since I'll be doing morning workouts?
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #5  
Image isn't Character

I technically don't follow any diet, I count calories and whatnot. I know that there are some people that have gotten great results following what they've laid out, but I don't have any personal experience with it. I'll take some whey within 30 mins of finishing my workout and some casein before I go to bed, but that's about it. Otherwise I just eat clean, healthy foods.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #6  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

griffo---- do you change your avatar, what, like 2x a week?! Hey, if I looked that good I'd be posing and snapping pics all the time! You should be very proud---
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #7  
Image isn't Character

Hahaha, nah, I'm just somewhat of a "picture whore." Always have been, probably always will be, thank you though