Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb Confidence?

Its interesting how much a little weightloss can do. I started losing weight over the past few weeks and people have been telling me that I have been acting more confident. I don't think that I have been acting any differently but I have heard it from enough people that it makes me wonder if I have been acting different. I haven't changed my wardrobe or my hair, I am genuinely a happy person so I am always smiling before I even started losing.

However the strangest thing happened to me the other day. I left my apartment in my big frumpy coat, stuffed in a sweater and scarf and this man stopped driving mid street to ask me my name and for my phone number. This is odd, and never happens to me. He was cute too. Now at that time I wish I could find all this confidence that people have been seeing. I am confused by the different type of attention that I have been getting. Does 20 pounds make that much of a difference in the way that I look? I feel the same and think that I look the same.

I don't think that I am ready for all of this. My entire life I have been that person that was in the back rows of the group photo. I have only been under 250 pounds once in the last 12 years, and I am 24 years old. (I dropped under 250 briefly while on Atkins a few years back). Its strange now to have people looking at me and asking me how I am kosing weight and that I look great! I am not used to being the person that looks great? Nor do I think that I do. I think that I will always be that girl that was mooed at, and oinked at by perfect strangers. This is sooooo confusing!

Sorry I know that this was a long message but I was wondering if anyone else has an issue with confidence? and being perceived as confident even though you might not feel that way. Please share.
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

I've always had issues with my confidence. 20lbs makes all the difference in the world. Even if you see yourself as before,... you look COMPLETELY different! I still feel as if im how I was and not 30lbs smaller... its really strange... when I look in the mirror I see myself as Ive always seen myself even if others tell me i look great. Thats awesome if your confidence has gone up!!! It will definately help attract some sexy guys to ya! Good luck on your journey and keep up the good work!

Last edited by blondeblueeyedbeauty; 01-27-2008 at 08:49 PM.
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #3  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

I think it makes a big difference even though you cannot necessarily see any difference. it is a sub conscience difference that others are seeing.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote