Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Nov 26 - Dec 2

Good morning ladies! How was everyones turkey day?

Mine went well I was able to get back on track after the holiday. Which is always hard. I will say that it was very nice to have a few days off of school. Saturday I jumped right on the school wagon with spending 6 hours and 8 hours on Sunday in the library. My first exam comes out this Saturday (which is annoying because I still have class next week). My goal is to eat healthy and not binge during exams.

By the way I can't believe it is almost December!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #2  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Okay, offically back on track since yesterday!

The scale was at 193 this morning, which actually was a surprise because I was expecting more like 195-197. So that put a smile on my face.

Thanksgiving was great, gotto spend some much needed time with family and got to eat wayto much!!

I'm going strict with no execptions until Christmas. Hope to lose about 15lbs by then!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies...

Turkey day was great - good food and I always love getting together with family.

Eating has been not so good - I was up .4 lbs this week. Totally my own fault. I had planned to get back on track the day after Thanksgiving, but I had my mom sending home so much of the leftovers with me and the kidos it was insane. So I pretty much ate whatever I have wanted Thur, Fri and Sat with no exercise. I am back on track as of today!

remember - good luck on all your exams. I am sure that you will do great!

jana - I know what you mean about the smile when you are expecting a lot bigger number to show up.

I love this time of year, even though it is very busy time for me.

I hope that everyone has a great week!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

lovinlife - it is so hard to get back on plan right after a holiday.....I know that's the way to go, but really it is too hard at least for me anyway. Just don't let your off-track weekend turn into an off-track week!!

I was in a food coma for 3 out of the 4 days this weekend. I ate way too much food. But I only had a one pound gain, so I'm happy with that. Now it's back to working out and eating right. Aaaand I feel the holiday shopping stress coming on.

Did anyone hit the sales on Black Friday??? Get anything good???
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

My turkey day was wonderful Loved spending it with my family!!
Today was my weigh in and I actually lost 2.2 pounds.. that THRILLED me the week of Thanksgiving! WOOT! I ate everything in moderation that day, so I did great.

I also started jogging for the first time EVER in my life.. (following the couch to 5k program, kinda).. it kicked my butt (did it a few nights ago) but I had fun. I'm doing the Niagara Falls 1/2 marathon next year (I AM, I am).. so I'm starting to train (way in advance, because I need the whole year to do so LOL!!). I imagine the jogging will get even easier as I get down in weight.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #6  

Oh, and no black Friday shopping for me! I used to always be out and about on Black Friday, crack of Dawn! But I have a 20 month old.. so it's kinda difficult now, NOT gonna wake her...lol. And my husband works in the AM (and I dont drive) so I can't go alone or anything. I kinda miss it! But maybe I'll take it up again when she's older

BUT, on a good note, I finished most of my shopping already! I usually wait until the very last moment.. so to be almost finished and it's not even December is GREAT for me.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Default slowly starting

Hi all,
First off, Cat's Tongue, thank you for the welcome!!
Second, so I'm back to tracking my food, trying to be good...but also forgiving (guilt has never really been a good diet tool). Today at work sorta sucked. I cried. Crying at work is never a good thing. I'm a grad student in a counseling program, and "work" is actually an internship that I don't get paid for. So, since everyone here is all about feelings and whatnot, there are worse places to cry. But still. I think I may have expressed myself too much, and created weirdness with my supervisor. Ugh.
Sorry to rant, but that's what these boards are for, right??
As for my fat butt, I'm sitting here at work still, trying to motivate to get to the gym for the first time in weeks. I haven't shaved my pits in FOREVER and they are so burly!! !! I kinda want to let that be my excuse!! OK, if there is a spin class, I'll do that since they're always dimly lit. OK, that's what I'll do.
Wish me luck!! At least so far I've done OK with calories.
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #8  
Buhbye, saddlebags...

S/C/G: 170/164/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad everyone had a good Turkey day -- I had TWO Tofurkey days but on the actual Thanksgiving day I ran a 5K in the morning and PR'ed and then swam in a wave pool for about an hour after. It was a great way to start the day of feasting. I also took it fairly easy on the food. My boyfriend and I had a second Thanksgiving on Friday with his sister and bro in law and it was all vegan so I was pretty good on Friday too. My eating has been a little off all weekend - snacking like crazy, etc. but when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was at 159.4! SO I'm happy wiht that, that's the motivation I need to get back on the ol'exercise horse for today!

Good luck with finals, everyone, I'm BURIED underneath a huge pile of work and I hope I have the wear with all to avoid snacking like crazy!

PS. Black friday -- Cashmere sweaters, 25 bucks at Old Navy. 'Nuf Said.
weeblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #9  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

I was on vacation last week and so was the exercising the food in take was ok though when i weighed myself this morning i only gained 2 pounds. i am looking to get back at it this week.

any way thanksgiving was good but i still have left overs.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!

It's awesome to see the thread so busy again.

Remember - Schoolwork! Ugh, I'm there too, although my exams don't begin for another two weeks. But my first one is organic chem a week from saturday so... yucky.

Jana - always nice when the scales a little lower than you thought it would be.

lovinlife - .4 is not a bad gain after a holiday weekend!!! It'll be gone in no time!

Rosario - I don't know if canada has black friday. But I did go shopping. I'm trying to make a lot of my gifts this year, so I bought some cool fabric.

Erika - Congrats on the loss!!! A fun weekend with family and a loss. Nice!

Slisette - guilt definitely never works for me either. Ah, so sorry about your crappy day. I always hated those days when I wanted to cry at work. Or did cry. Sounds like a tough job though. I hope you made it to spin class, exercise is always a good mood lifter.

weeblesmama - Nice pruchase on the sweaters. I really need some new wintery clothing. Or not really need. Just want. Really badly.

Alright. I have a long list of things to do tonight, and I want to get started on them so that I can get to bed at a reasonable time tonight. And also relax a little before hand. I had one of the most productive weekends of recent memory this past weekend, and I'm hoping that hard working motivation will continue tonight and through till Christmas.

So I might be back on later, but if not, have a good tuesday!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hola Chickies,

Glad to hear everyone had a good turkey/tofurkey day. I got my dad to eat the stuffed tofu I made, which was shocking. He even said it was good, but weird. He's a very picky eater and not into trying new things, so it was a big victory to me.

So, it's been a couple of months I think, since I've posted on here, and sadly that's mainly because I fell off the old wagon, big time. I was doing so great with my routines and meal plans and everything at the beginning of this semester and I felt unstoppable, but then suddenly it all caught up with me. I had been prioritizing cooking and exercise over work, and going out of town every other weekend for job and family stuff. The time to work out, shop for and cook healthy food, go to bed on time... suddenly that time was all gone.

Now, I've got about a month until school is over (and mountains of work), I've gained back the 8 lb I lost during the first 6 weeks or so of school, and I haven't been working out regularly AT ALL. Quick, someone call the waaaaaahmbulance!

But seriously, last night and today I did a little soul-searching and decided that I cannot let the stress and lack of free time get to me, because feeling fat and out of control makes me way more stressed. I'm going to get back on my meal plan, start a jogging schedule (to take advantage of my proximity to Central Park and avoid the gross, crowded school gym) and also do more yoga at home. This cuts down a bit on the time it was taking for me to follow my prior plan of weights and lots of indoor cardio, and I can focus on long-term goals... like the Reykjavik (Iceland) Marathon in August 08. For now it's a pipe dream, but I'll have a bit of time and money around that time for travel, and what better excuse to go on an exotic vacation?!

So, steps in the right direction: ate according to plan today (well, except for a wee cocktail, but I'm not going to be that strict about cutting out all alcohol), signed up for a 4-mile road race in a few weeks, to kick off my (theoretical) marathon training, convinced a friend to run the race with me, and started shopping around for cold weather running gear. I'm going to go for my first outdoor run since the summer on Wednesday, as long as it isn't raining (otherwise I'll do it on the track at the gym).

Long post! I've been reading the forums off and on, but clearly I have been missing this place. Thanks for all the support, ladies.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

welcome back!
any reason why iceland?
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey Sonja,

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sorry about your rough day at work. Did you and your burly pits make it to spin class? The dim lighting is definitely helpful for these things.

There's no particular reason why I picked Iceland except for the timing and cool weather - I was originally thinking Southern Hemisphere since in August it'll be the end of winter there, nothing I could find there was quite right on the timing with my school and summer job schedule. I've never been there and it seems like it'd be a fun place to visit in summer when the sun stays out pretty late.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #14  

Eastcoastgirl - Iceland! Awesome! I've never been.. bet that would be a vacation of a lifetime!

I, too, am planning for a marathon for next year - mines a little closer, tho! haha.. I'll be participating in the Niagara Falls Int'l Marathon (October of 08). I just started jogging the other night for the first time.. it's a good thing I have a year to train!

Anyway- best of luck! Glad you joined in again.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My day ended up well. I decided to take a break from doing homework and make muffins using the bananas that were going to go bad. I made two batches, sugar free banana, and sugar free chocolate oatmeal banana. That is two dozen muffins and I only ate one. I bagged 4 up and froze them for a guy my sister works with (diabetic and she likes to take him sugar free things when I make them), and then another 5 went with my roommate who went to her boyfriends for the night. So that means there is only 14 left in the apartment right now. I’m not even tempted to eat any right now, I do have one planned in for tomorrow night as a snack. But hopefully between my roommate and her boyfriend they will all disappear soon.

Oh also a feel good story. I was at school and a random employee that I met like once last year came up to me and said, “Everytime I see you I just want to tell you how much better you look this year then last year. You look just amazing, how did you do it.” Without going into much detail I said that I changed my eating habit and exercise regularly. It’s always nice to have strangers recognize you accomplishment.

Jana – good job on not gaining as much as thought. Isn’t it a great feeling for the scale to not be as high as you thought.

Lovin – being up .4 is not bad at all.

Rosario – I did, I always go black Friday shopping. I bought a bunch of toys for my nephew. Then I also spent too much on myself, I got 6 sweaters (I only had 2 before Friday), a portable dvd player, a regular dvd player, 4 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of PJs. Now I seriously have to look at my budget and see how much damage I did.

Erkia – Great job on losing. Isn’t nice to realize that you can actual jog, even if it is only for a short period of time. I want to do a ½ marathon next year too, but I have to be able to run again, right now I think I have a hernia so no exercise till I get it checked out.

slisette – Everyone gets a little over emotional once in awhile. Keep your chin up and try and go in full of self-confidence tomorrow!

weeblescat – good job exercising over the holiday. That is tough to do!

eastcoast – I was wondering what happen to my other law school buddy. Welcome back! Good job on the soul searching. How is studying for finals going?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote