Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #1  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

Default how often do you weigh in?

i've been wondering what works for other people. I tend to weigh in every day, i don't let it effect my mood, but it's sortof a morning ritual to keep me on track. It makes my progress feel incredibly slowly.

how often do you weigh in, and what do you think the pro's and con's are to weighing at the interval that you do?
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 AM   #2  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I weigh in weekly. If that. If I think it's going to stress me out, I skip it.

I'm bad that way. But as I had an eating disorder in the recent past and while I want to lose weight, being healthy is my ultimate goal, so if a weigh in will cause me stress and thus bad eating, it's gone.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I weigh in once a week no matter what. Okay, so I've only had 3 weigh-ins. But in the past this is what has worked for me. I tend to look at weight loss as a journey with weekly checkpoints-- Like this past weekend I went overboard, but I am cuttting calories for the rest of the week, and the net calories should be similar to last week's net calories.

I used to weigh myself every day, but I got obsessive, and it determined my mood for the day. If I weigh in more than once a week I let the scale rule my emotions...so I stay away from that.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #4  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

I also weigh in daily. Mostly started just so I do not forget to do it weekly. It is good to see averages, too, though. My week to week actual numbers vary quite a bit from my week to week averages. It can be depressing, but when you see little losses, it can also be very uplifting. It is very good for keeping me on track. There is no, "well my weigh-in is not until Friday so if I have this cake today, Wednesday, I will have time to make it up by then" way of thinking with daily weigh-ins.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 340/329/199

Height: 5'6"

I have recently started weighing in once a month. It was hard at first but gradually got better.

I am one who can't weigh in every day or every week because I become compulsive about it, allow it to effect my mood and let the numbers on the scale determine my success which ultimately leads to my failure and "falling off of the wagon"....and the vicious cycle continues (sigh)

But that's just me, everyone is different...... My DH likes to weigh in everyday because it keeps him accountable and focused on what he needs to do for the day.
BXGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #6  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

Default a watched pot won't boil???

something my grandma used to say ...lol... but ...I weigh-in every week (Sunday Nights) to start the week off... this is however after I've learned to hide my scale ... I was doing the daily thing ... and walked away really upset when I didn't see a change ...

Last edited by MadamePJ; 10-10-2007 at 12:58 PM.
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

i weigh hardly ever now.... but i think im going to start doing it every day for some accountability. if im too upset ill stop.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Every morning.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #9  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Usually every two weeks. I don't want to be tied to the scale and weight fluctuates. No reason to worry about something from day to day. But, that is just me.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-10-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

With the program I am on I weigh in every day. That way you know which foods your body reacts to and helps you switch things up!
Jniniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #11  
I'm gettin' there

S/C/G: 261.5/177/130

Height: 5'4"

I also weigh in every morning. I've been doing that for almost a year now. I never really got frustrated with it, but I can definitely see how weighing in that often wouldn't be for everyone.
There will be days where I weigh myself 3- 4 times. I just like seeing how my weight fluctuates throughout the day.
I don't expect to see a loss every day so I guess weighing myself daily doesn't bother me. And it kind of keeps me on track with the mentality of "I shouldn't eat that, I have the scale to answer to in the morning."
Miss Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #12  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I tend to do it every morning when I wake up. In a way I'd like to think it lets me know how the foods and caloric intake from the day before affects me the next day. If I stay in my calorie range then for the most part my weight would either be almost the same or slightly lower (we're talking like maybe .2lbs). Oh well, so long as by the end of the week it adds up to a more significant loss then I'm okay. When it doesn't is when I'll probably have to rethink the daily weigh in.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #13  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

I find this thread very interesting. How funny that this varies so much! I guess that different things work for different people.

I think if anyone who does not currently weigh in daily is considering it, it is important to have a scale that shows at least one decimal point. Otherwise, looking at the same number again and again or seeing a full pound raise or drop could be annoying, confusing, and/or depressing.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #14  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

agreed. the first time i was losing i weighed in every 2 weeks, i had one of those non digital ones. i told myself the number i wanted to be by next time and made it happen. (not so healthy, that's why i do it differently now). as soon as i got one of the digital and bmi ones i started weighing every day because it gives a solid number. i'm considering weighing less, though. i keep fluctuating all around 153, for the past 2 weeks...it's so frustrating. i just want to see 152 to know that i'm making progress.
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #15  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't like to weigh in everyday because i don't like to see the up and down through out the week it really disappointed me. I know that it happens so i started weighing myself once a week on Saturday morning first thing for the "official" weight. then usually once more around mid week just to see that i am on track.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote