Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Cool September fitness challenge - Update us on your progress!

Hey 20somethings... i noticed a lot of people logged the days but havent logged their exercise yet. dont forget to update us so we can give congrats to those meeting their goals and offer motivation for those that aren't!! No worries if you've missed some days... i havent done anything in about 5 days but im working out tonight and friday for sure! here we go!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #2  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Well, so I got my Walk Away the Pounds DVD in and......OMG is it intense or what?!?! Just what I needed. It's entitled 4 Fast Miles. Anyone familiar? I am super proud of myself as I am just getting started with all this losing weight business (am I guessing right when I suppose getting started is the hardest part?)

Today, I did a 20 minute workout on my balance ball FOLLOWED by the 50 minute 4 Fast Miles routine. Feeling like WonderWoman. That makes 10 miles so far and it is only Wednesday. Woohoo!

Thanks Freddy, for giving me room to boast.

~Cheers

Last edited by ollie27; 09-19-2007 at 09:27 PM.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #3  

Way to go Olivia!!!: carrot::carrot : :dance r::che er2:

Last edited by readyfreddy; 09-19-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

And I suck at life. That is my explination about my life and lawschool. I'm not where I want to be with my exercise. It just seems that there is not enought time in the day. I think I'm going to do some serious reflecing this weekend and figure out how to get 1. my homework done, 2. my sleep in, and 3. exercise (all on top of going to school and work from 10 am - 6 pm Monday - Thursday). I don't know anymore. So although I've been better about logging I haven't been better about actually make the time.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #5  

Remember- amen sister- i completely understand! what i did when i had classes was try to work out sat and sun for sure (no classes to work around) then finding ONE day during the week to add to it. hey it was only 3 days a week but better then nothing?

other ideas- get off a stop early on the bus, take the stairs, etc to get a workout without adding (much) time to your sched.

good luck!!!- its not you - its law school!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I know what you mean I would like to get 5 days a week in but I'm going to be happy with one or two right now. Tomorrow I am going to try and put my laundry in the washer then go work out, change it over and take a shower and start my weekend marthond of homework. I'm going to try and work out every day this weekend prior to starting my homework.

I use the stairs exclusivly at school, I put my locker on the second floor instead of the first, and I walk to and from school everyday. I figure that is at least somewhat helpful.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

For me it works best if I plan what I am going to do everyday. Last month I did great, I did most of my planned exercise, this month is a different story. I have been feeling crappy ever since I had strep throat and getting myself to do anything has been really hard. I am going to try the rest of the month to get all my planned exercises in!

Olivia- Congrats! I know when I do exercise I feel FANTASTIC after I am all done!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #8  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Thanks for the congrats, gang. And for the extended version of congrats, Freddy

Remember--I'm also in school (and work, and tutor, and cook, clean....in other words, I fel ya sista) and while it isn't near as hectic as I imagine law school would be, I am finding ways to cut corners myself. Setting my alarm an hour earlier has been a big help. It sucks, but there is no other way. Also, I knew in the summer that I was going to try to get into shape, so when I registered for my classes--I left ample slots in my schedule for exercise. This has been the greatest help of all--scheduling. And last night, while reading for school, I laid on my back and did scissor crosses in the air with my legs. I'm sure I looked goofy as all get out, but it can't hurt, right?
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thank you so much!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote