Old 09-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Put on pounds

Wow, I have put on some pounds since not working anymore...and I hate it. I have really fallen off track over the last month....not watching what I eat, not drinking water, not exercising at all. And I guess I'm really kinda depressed over it. I have decided to get back on track...because I HAVE to. I always think that I'm so tired of being overweight, but am I really? Is there anyone who is in doubt like me? Just needing some support.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #2  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi sgregg, I know how you feel. I was doing great and lost 15 lbs this spring, and I kind of gave it all up and ate myself back up 13 lbs after losing my motivation. Every day I say to myself that I'm going to start, and it seems like I do well until I get home at night. I have been half-assedly going to the gym for the past month. I think it's harder this time because last time, I was highly motivated and the weight just started to fall off. This time, it doesn't seem to be going as quickly. I think I have lost and regained the same 3 lbs for a month now.
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/195/150

Height: 5'3"

Im there too , I lost down to 175 and gained 20 so I am back to 195 and iIREFUSE to let myself get back to 230! I did the same things , my motivation and willpower hit the floor going 100mph and I havent been able to recover it , I stopped drinking my water , I stopped excersizing and portion control , WHAT portion control!...So yes I am right here with you needing support and motivation!
VeronicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/Look at Ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

I was just telling my mom the other day that I need to lose weight and make a change in my life. I was also telling her that sometimes I feel like well I dont look to bad or I dont really feel that big. But the truth is I am and somethings got to change. So yes I understand how you feel. I always say im sick of being this big and then I go eat fast food or something so im contradicting myself and that alone is a hard habit to break but we can do it. If we didnt know we could then we wouldnt be in these forums searching for answers. Right.
1fatchica02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I know how you feel. Last week, I was crying about my lack of progress and eating cake. Yeah...I know, lol.

Try to re-capture your source of motivation. That one thing you were most excited to achieve. Put pictures on your fridge and keep that goal in mind when you want to slip. 9 times out 10 that keeps me on plan....just tell yourself I want to achieve my goal and I will.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Do you track your calories on The Daily Plate (my preference) or Fitday? I also fell off track this summer, luckily I didn't do too much damage. However, I found that as soon as I started tracking everything I put in my mouth again I was 100% more likely to stay on plan. This may not work for everyone, and it might be something you are already doing. It works for me, when I know I've already consumed the amount of calories I need for that day, it motivates me to put down the junk food, simply because I don't want to plug it into daily plate!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #7  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

You can add me to the list of loss of motivation last month or two i gained only seven pounds though. so far this month i have exercised twice in a row yesterday and today. over the weekend was not good though i did not even weigh myself to see what i gained over the weekend and usually i do just because i am curious about it. so saturday when i weigh myself for the week will be interesting.

as far as what got me going again i do not know but am glad to be back at it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/195/150

I need to plug myself back in to my "Motivational Pull" again to get my head back in the game....Hopefully this site is just what I need!
VeronicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one...of course, I knew I would be I don't know why I just can't do it...well, I know I can, but I wish there was a way to really get it in my head. Maybe I haven't reached that point of really WANTING it. I don't know. I mean I want to be healthy...I guess it's called being lazy..right?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #10  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

me too -
i keep seeing these pictures of myself and I am thinking - wtf did I let happen - I was doing so well - and then I came tumbling down - I don't think I have ever weighted this much - its more than my ticker says - but I am too depressed to weight myself.
Yet the fact that i'm huge and feel awful isn't kick starting me - what will?

I wanna be the skinny b*tch - as other post is titled

sad sad sad
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #11  
Stresse stressed stressed

S/C/G: 250/165/130

I lost my job in May and I gained 20lbs from then to last week (20lbs in 4 months!) First time EVER I have gained weight without being pregnant. I was questioning myself a lot until I went to put on some of my clothes that I had been so excited to buy when I went down and they DIDN'T FIT! Nothing fits. That in itself was enough to motivate me to get back to it. I have no clothes that fit anymore and I absolutely refuse to buy bigger clothes, won't happen!!

I am starting from scratch, ignoring the weight I've already lost and making like I haven't lost anything and I feel it's motivating me more than seeing that big number. I feel like I see that and tell myself it's ok to slack a little "cause I've done so much already" know what I mean?
CrazyAva is offline   Reply With Quote