Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default How often...

Do you weigh yourself? I did so for the first time today (I don't have a scale at my house at the moment, I will invest in one when I get to my apartment in 3 weeks), but don't know when I should do so again. I don't want to measure my success soley by numbers on a scale and don't want to get too discourage when the numbers don't drop immediately and rapidly.

So, how often do you weigh youself?
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #2  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

I weigh myself daily because I like seeing the daily fluctuations, but I have a specific day that I count as my "weigh-in" day.
At the moment it is a Wednesday but I'm changing it to a Friday in case I blow it over the weekend. Means more time to make up for it haha!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #3  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I weigh myself first thing every Saturday morning. I choose to only do it once a week, just because I'm trying really hard not to become obsessed with the numbers on the scale and also focus on the fact that I'm living a healthy lifestyle now and am starting to FEEL a lot better than I used to. But I know that a lot of girls around here measure their inches too, and I think I'm going to start doing that soon.
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #4  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrittany View Post
But I know that a lot of girls around here measure their inches too, and I think I'm going to start doing that soon.

I measure myself and I think it's great.

I'm not sure how often to do that though, I do it weekly but I may begin to do it monthly because weekly, there is only a quarter inch change here and there.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I weigh in every day. I'm a slave to the scale. I like to see how much I tend to fluctuate too. However, its most discouraging weighing in while on my period. While I weight in every day, I usually record the lowest weight for the week.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I weigh every couple of days. I only record the weight every sunday morning though.

Fluctuations do get me down (sometimes) but that's just what they are - fluctuations. The scale will keep going down eventually
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I weigh myself every day, because I track my moving average on my google homepage. *nerd*

I weigh in "officially" once a week for my records/on my blog. Starting next week, I'll be weighing in twice a week - once for my records, and once for a challenge I'm participating in.

I also take my measurements every 5 weeks. Biceps, thighs, hips, waist, belly and bust.

I know some people here also track things like body fat percentage, etc. There's no "right" way to do it - you'll figure out what works for you in terms of emotions, motivation, lifestyle and time commitment.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Thanks everyone for answering!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #9  
I'm gettin' there

S/C/G: 261.5/177/130

I weigh myself around the same time every morning. I keep a journal (not a blog or anything, an actual journal where you physically write in it) and record my weight almost daily. I've been doing it since xmas and I love looking back at it and seeing the progress. I call it my "fat journal" and I only write down my weight, what I eat, how much I exercise and my feelings about my weight and diet in it.
Miss Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #10  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i dont get on a scale at home i just wait til i have drs appts (which reminds me i have a post op on monday ick)
i prolly just gained back most of what i lost due to being unable to do anything and i hate it, my jeans fit til things started going wrong
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #11  

I weigh almost every time I walk by my scale. I only record it every Sunday morning.

I also do measurements. Every Sunday also..for now. When they don't change as fast I'll do them once a month.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

i weigh myself every saturday or sunday of the week. i don't like to do it everyday because of water fluctuations, and weighing in everyday can get me frustrated and less motivated. it's weird, when i weigh in once a week, i see better results, and when i used to weigh in everyday my weight loss progress was much slower. don't focus so much on the numbers on the scale, but how your body feels and looks!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #13  
The Victorious One

S/C/G: 218/171, Starting over 198/?

Height: 5'6

I get on the scale on the weekends which is my official weigh in days (mainly Saturdays). I get mad if i do it throughout the week because I don't like to see my weight fluctuates!
butterflykiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

I weigh myself weekly but I do not weigh myself during TOM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #15  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. No real reason, just easy days to remember. Sometimes I do it more often, but those are the days I write it down on.

I have a "fat journal" as well and keep my weight, and my mesurements in it.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote