Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Default NewBee from Cali.. (down 105lbs)

Hi All..

I'm looking for friends / weightloss buddies..

I am down 105 lbs & I did it without exercise!! It has taken me just under 2 years and I feel I have about 10 more lbs to go - then to time to maintain...

I just started a myspace if anyone is interested:

myspace.com/WithoutExercise

KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #2  

How did you do that without exercise?!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome! And CONGRATS on the weight loss. 105 lbs is fantastic!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Not trying to be rude or anything but this is a real question. If you lost all that weight without exercising how is your skin doing? I mean I've been told that if you don't exercise you end up with a lot of sagging. My sister had gastric and she didn't exercise and she has a lot of sagging.
But anyway Welcome!!
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Exercise does NOT help sagging skin. That is a HUGE MYTH. Please, check out this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040 for Weight Loss and Skin FAQs as well as the Body Image and Issues After Weight Loss forum on this site http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219 that is what that forum was set up for--- questions like that!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #6  
KEN

Hi All - Thanks for welcoming me!!

It took me 21 months to lose 100 lbs.. I do not have much loose skin, there is some but very slight and virtually not noticable!!

I started by making small lifestyle changes and then added more and more as the months went on - I experienced the usual ups and downs and decided to focus on staying on plan and not on the scale alone..

My before and after pix are on my myspace..
Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

That is such a great difference (checked out the before/after)! Congratulations on the 105 pounds
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #8  
KEN

Hi there Spunker - Great job on your amazing loss as well!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

that's amazing, congratulations! i'm still confused on how you lost the weight without exercise..what exactly were these little changes and steps?lol
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #10  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I can see how you could lose weight without exercise....but why would you want to? It's so good for you in so many different ways and it makes you feel so great!! Congrats on your loss, that's really something to be proud of!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I love exercise and want my weight off as quickly as possible (while still being healthy about it), so doing it without exercise just wouldn't work for me. I've lost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks - without exercise, I'd be lucky to lose 6.

Plus, if you don't exercise, I imagine you have to have a very low caloric intake to actually lose weight!

But I AM curious, how exactly DID you do it?

Also, by no means am I chastizing you for not exercising, KEN. I'm just a little baffled as to how you did it and I know I personally couldn't. A 105 pound loss is something to be very very proud of, regardless. Good job and welcome
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #12  
KEN

Hi All,

I grew up VERY active, played all sports in school, then on to beach volleyball, bike riding, hiking, working out... etc etc...

But.. about 3 yrs ago I started having complications from a back surgery that I had in 84 and was no longer able to exercise - It was awful!! I was gaining weight from some meds I had taken a few years back, then gained more from not exercising, on top of it, I wasn't eating enough or drinking enough fluids.. long story short, I started making changes like eating more often (smaller portions) drinking more fluids, etc..

I joined an AOL weightloss group for support... and after 21 months I lost 100LBS... since then another 5lbs...
Old 07-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #13  
KEN

btw: I still cannot exercise, and need a follow up surgery (to be scheduled as soon as I am ready)...

I am getting the word out about what worked for me because there are many people who need to lose and can't exercise - or who flat out won't.. my hope to is encourage someone else on their journey..

Before losing the weight, I felt like I was a lost cause.. the first 3 months I didn't lose any weight, the 4th month I only lost 1lb...

It was hard, but I did it and so I believe anyone can!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #14  
KEN

I have never counted calories but I believe it's a good thing to do, at least to get into a healthy eating pattern..

I updated my profile on myspace but here's some of the info I posted...

Skipping the part of HOW I gained.. getting to the point of HOW I lost...

First off I was not heavy growing up.. so when I decided it was time to lose I knew nothing about dieting and I didn't want to know anything about that lifestyle - I have watched friends/family yo yo over the years... so I researched everything from Weightloss surgery to many different diets to try and find the commonalities... and to pick the things from each that I believed would work for me...

I started taking notes and made a list of foods that would take more calories to burn than they gave me...

I started having SOMETHING for breakfast (I almost NEVER ate breakfast)

I started drinking SOMETHING... I was never good at even finishing a drink before... A business associate once asked why I never finished my drink when we would go out.. I was surprised by the question as I didn't realize I was doing that...

I started eating whole wheat/grain bread and pasta and brown rice (instead of those with white flour...

I started eating only meat & veggies @ restaurants - and would get a kids meal at fast food restaurants..

I started breaking my meals into smaller portions (instead of eating only one or two times per day)

I started eating a small snack between meals... (again, a healthy snack!) usually fruit.. but not always!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #15  
KEN

I will post more as time permits!! =)