Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Oct 1 - Oct 7

Wow I was a little shocked to see that no one had started the weekly chat yet. It’s 8:30 already. How is everyones Monday?

Mine went well but my classes really dragged on all day. I got out of work early because my boss who normally stays late was out sick. I also tried to donate blood today but was rejected because I was a day to soon from when I last donated. I’m going to find another drive in the next few weeks to donate at.

Eating wise I stayed perfectly on plan today. The weekend wasn’t to bad but I did eat out with my sister when I stayed at her house which meant my calories where a little higher then normal but I will survive. On a good note I was down to 179 again on Saturday so I changed my ticker.

Only 5 days till I leave for vacation!!!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow, weekly chat is slackin' so far! Where's everyone at? I didn't have a good day today at all. I made a really bad breakfast choice, we are running low on groceries and we were out of eggs and milk, so I couldn't eat my cereal, and when I can't have my cereal I usually eat eggs. I feel like I'm lost when I don't have my usual foods in the house. I was running late, and I had a test at 8 a.m. so it was a really bad day to be running late. I grabbed a ham egg and cheese croisant at the gas station as I was getting gas ... I was mad at myself for eating it, but I cut back some calories at lunch. Then in my last class today I started seeing the flashing lights, which always means there is a migraine coming on. It was the worst migraine I have ever had. I live an hour away from school and I had to drive all the way home with the migraine. I went straight to bed when I came home, and I'm feeling better now, but I didn't get any exercise in. On top of all of that, I didn't have a good weekend eating wise. So, I'm feeling really gross and bloated.I will give myself a little credit and say I am doing way better on the weekends than I would have done in the past, however, I've been doing this for almost a year now, and I'm a little dissapointed that I'm still not making great choices on the weekends. I do good all week, and it all goes down hill on the weekends. It's like I said earlier, if I don't have my normal foods that I eat everyday then I'm just lost lol. I also hate not knowing exactly how many calories I'm eating, the daily plate doesn't have a lot of the restaurants we eat at because their just little small wholes in the wall, so I usually have to guess, and I always guess way high, because I would rather guess to high than too low. This is a really long rambling post, but it always makes me feel better to post on here and get it all out of my system. It really helps me get back on track. So tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a great week filled with good choices!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Whoo! I did so good today! I joined the gym Saturday and actually WENT! I didn't the eliptical for 20min this morning and then did a pliates class this evening. That was dang hard, lemme tell you!! I forgot that I had some of those muscles in my abs. I guess they got stretched out during pregnancy and I haven't done anything with them since. I will be making that my monday routine! I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!! I'm going walking with my sis and to the gym again.
However, I didn't do so hot this weekend! my husband took me and our daughter to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrell. I had pancakes because i'm not making them at home until I reach my goal or at least my thanksgiving goal. They came with 3 bacon strips and 2 eggs and I couldn't eat all of it but I ate enough to not get hungry for my usual snack. AND I made no-bake oatmeal cookies (which consist of mostly sugar) that night. No worries, though. I didn't gain any weight from it. (I have no idea how) Sunday we had fried chicken at my moms. I had a breast which I hate for fried chicken. I also took off the skin so that took down the fat, right?

remember: it is always great when you get to go home early. If feels like a mini vacation. (sorta) Thumbs up to you for bringing your ticker down!!

casey: you know what, it doesn't matter all that much when you think about it. the weekend is what, 2 days? You do good for 5 so it kinda evens it out. I let myself eat whatever I want to on Saturday because if you do a strict diet 24/7, eventually you will binge. Doing bad one day a week is better than giving up totally. Or even doing bad an entire week! don't get discouraged. Just start again tomorrow!

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 10-01-2007 at 09:53 PM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

HappyMomma: Thanks so much for the words of encouragment. I agree with you, it's just that I hate that gross feeling that I get when I have a day of bad eating. Not only am I worried about the scale, but I'm also worried about how it's effecting my body. I mean, I've been eating horribly most of my life, so I guess I shouldn't expect to eat perfectly after just one year. I just hope someday, I will always remember how yucky those foods make me feel and I will have no desire to eat them. Congrats on joining the gym though, that is awesome. And how you managed to take the skin off fried chicken is beyond me lol, that's the best part!! And the most unhealthy part, so congrats to you girl!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, like no one has written in yet... that's odd.

Well, my weekend was pretty much a total bomb food wise. It was my birthday and 1st anniversary this weekend so I ended up going to dinner for my birthday and having a big bbq with friends and family for my anniversary. On the plus side, even though we went out and had a bbq I managed to not totally gorge myself. I tried to stay consious of what I ate while still having some fun. Haven't had the courage to weigh in this week yet though... I'll leave that until tomorrow.

I did stay perfect on plan today and got in 40 mins of cardio. This week will be my challenge for getting myself into the groove of things... just need to take it one day at a time!!

Remeber - Good job! Keep on going!

Casey - I feel for you with the migraines. I get them really bad too. Have you figured out what your trigger is? Mine is caffeine. I went for years without being able to have even the slightest bit of chocolate cuz my trigger was so sensitive. As for the bloating, have you tried lemon water? Some people really detest it, but I think it is great. I squeeze 3 whole lemons (minus the seeds of course) into a large juice jug and then fill it to the top with room temperature water. I drink the whole jug either over the course of 1 or 2 days and it totally helps me with bloating. It's also great to flush out water weight after hard work outs. If you haven't tried it before it could be worth a shot.... just all depends on if you like the taste. You can either add more water or use fewer lemons to make it less sour. I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it after a week or so. Now I drink it now problem... usually around that time of the month.

Cheers
HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #6  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Hi all... crazy day... it's going to be a crazy week... so I hope to stay as well-behaved as I have been (Except for this past weekend). I didn't do as well this weekend as I have been doing, but I did realize that although I wasn't calorie crazed like the past 3 weeks, I still made better choices than I used to. I drank too much on Friday night ...not ridiculously, but I was careful about my calories all day and then drank liquor after I haven't drank for awhile... so, by 3 am my stomach was on FIRE! My friend Matt made me a corn dog at 3 AM!!! I was so pissed at myself, but it did help my stomach. Despite the late night and late wake up, I was able to walk my pup before work ALL night. Then, Sunday, I walked her 4 miles with a friend. And, without counting calories, I still lost weight!!! Anyhow, so sorry for rambling... I fly to Newport to try to see DB in 19 days!!! YAY! I still have 8 lbs to lose to reach that mini goal... I need to start toning up some as well. Tomorrow is my ab session with my trainer friend... YAY!

Casey--- I live an hour from work, so I know how much it sucks to drive when you are sick or in pain. I feel for you. But, don't stress too much about missing today--- you need to take care of yourself in other ways also.

Happy ---way to go with the working out!

Remember ---I'm glad that you have something exciting to look forward to to get you through the work week!!!

Last edited by hope2loseit4good; 10-01-2007 at 10:21 PM.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #7  

casey: I really have no idea how I managed to keep the chicken skin on the side of my plate. That is my favorite part! It really hurt but I knew that it wasn't going to help me lose this fat.....*sighs*

high hopes: May to go with the cardio! Keep it up! I'll have to try that lemon water. I usually get lemon with my water at resturants but never think to at home.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

The weekend was cool. Got some hiking in and did REALLY well on my eating plan. The usual coupla Amstel Lights on Friday, but it ain't no thang but a chicken wang. The scale keeps going down, and I'm pretty stoked about it. Only thing is, I feel like this is starting to consume my life to the point where I'd rather be doing pilates than writing my research paper. Anyone else? How to get the perfect balance?

Remember- awesome that you're on vacation in 5 days. I love, love, LOVE vacations and even more anticipating them.

Casey-don't be so harsh on yourself, chica. You've been doing this one year, yes, but compare that to the 20 plus you weren't, you know? You're still walking down the right path. Bummer about the migraines. Wish I had something to help besided friendly sympathy

High Hopes- Happy belated birthday! Good luck on getting into the groove. It's nice here.

Happy Momma- Congrats on the rediscovery of your abdomen

Happy October everyone!
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #9  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

hi girls, its been so long since i've checked in with the 20 somethings, but i do often read and enjoy your posts. I think so many of you have similar food issues to mine such as more drinking and social eating. I've been having a really hard time with those the last few weeks, it feels like so much of my social activity revolves around them.

Casey
- i completely sympathize with you for your migraines. I got them on a monthly basis all through my late teens and early twenties, then they seemed to have almost disappeared (i'm 25 now). How old are you? i've heard of lots of peoples migraines going away after the major hormone fluctuations pass. Anyway, so sorry to hear you had to drive with one!

remember, where are you going on vacation? Anywhere, so long as its a vacation sounds fabulous to me, this way I can live vicariously through someone else!

Happy momma - its totally those small decisions like not eating the skin off the fried chicken that will get you to your goal. Eventually you probably wont even want the fried chicken. It used to be DH's fav food and after a while without KFC and other FC, he gets such an upset stomach he cant even touch the stuff, which he is fine with

Last edited by denice81; 10-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #10  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default 20-somethings MOD

Hey Everyone!!!

There are 3 threads to participate this month of October. The fitness challenge is being continued and now both the group minutes challenge and points challenge are back!!

Come and join!!!!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:46 AM   #11  

Hey folks - new here but have been lurking around for a while..

Weekend was really cool but I likely ate way too much - went to the farmers market, worked out and chilled on saturday, sunday went apple picking (which I thought was going to be a lot more hard work than it actually was - it was going to be my exersice that day but I don't know if I can count it.

Sunday night, went to a FANTASTIC restaurant we had never been before - the cool part about this place is that it's pretty much farm to table and the menu changes daily to reflect what's growing. Pretty awesome. I had healthy choices - an incredible avocado and grapefruit salad, and duck with spinach and a potato-carrot latke type thing-- and a fresh strawberry thing for dessert...but I probably went way, way over my calorie limit regardless. I have no idea how I'd put it into Daily Plate.

Today, work was slow as normal, packed a big fruit salad for lunch and was starving an hour later. I tried to pick healthy options but just couldn't get full today. I think I need to re-think my portions.

On a good note, I did yoga in the new fitness room we finally cleaned out, and actually remembered the whole program from beginning to end!
Who knows, maybe ill become a fat yoga teacher
Jennt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy October everyone Already complained about my food/beer overload this weekend in another post so I'll spare you guys. But I did go shopping on Saturday and got the cutest dress on sale. I worked tonight and it was exhausting. I'm glad to be back in classes as it means less time working! I ate pretty well today- lots of protein and fiber which is what I'm striving for in my diet. Went on a looong walk with roomate this morning- still kind of sore from first day back at gym last night. Keep up the good work everyone- sounds like we all were a little naughty on the weekend but that's what's so darn fun about them huh?
carmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #13  
doinTHEbestIcan

Hello everyone!!!

Monday was just like a Monday should be. Okay, eating. Today the scale was at 194 which is okay b/c TOM is supposed to be coming next week but I was a week late getting my new pack of bc so it may not come until the week after next. With all that TMI said, I plan to probably be pretty bloated for the next two weeks.

My dance class starts tomorrow! I'm still to excited!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #14  

good morning everybody! Went walking with my sis and to the gym this morning but I was late for the class I was going for. It's probably a good thing because my right knee crunches a lot and it looked like it was pretty jolting. I'll do water aerobics tomorrow. I love that class! It's really fun working out with the older ladies. I went ahead and did more elliptical today but I used a different machine. Much better. DH said he's going to take me back there tonight and show me some routines that can get me going. If he takes me to the guys weight room I'm not gonna do it. I hate going in there. It smells. Done pretty well with the food thing today. Don't know why but I gained some weight. Maybe from working out.

ollie: when the scale goes down, it's a good day!! Stars for you!

jenn: I really wish we had something like that here. Fresh homegrown produce is always amazing! I plan (hopefully) to start a garden this fall for next year. I've never tried yoga much. The little bit I have attempted was hard. I may try later on, when I'm lighter.

carmezz: yea. weekends are grrrreat!!! I look forward to it everyday!

jana: dancing sounds fun! although I'm not coordinated whatsoever. Again, there's no place like that around here. There is a belly dancing place up the street, but I dare not try.....it itimidates me.

Everyone keep up the great work! It sounds like we're all doing pretty well for day 2 of the week!

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 10-02-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

HAPPYMOMMA05 - girl i know exactly what you mean! there is a belly dancing place right up the street from my house, like within walking distance and i feel the same way. i have resulted to going to another city about 45min away from my hometown just for some really good dancing studios. the studios in my hometown are mainly just for the kids.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote