Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #1  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Default ***July 9-15 Chat Thread***

Thought I'd start one up as I am a big fan of these kind of threads.

Last week was a pretty good week with some minor slip-ups, but I made it through and even managed to lose 2.5 pounds for the week, much more than I could have ever imagined. And I was just hoping to maintain my weight this week.

This week will offer it's very own unique challenges as well. I start week#4 of the c25k program that I have been following. It looks a lot tougher this week but I can pull it off. My lifting routine is also starting to bore me to the point where I dread doing it so this week I am going to be in search of a new routine to keep me interested and challenge my muscles in different ways.

Oh, and I just got new running shoes!
Can't wait to try them out.

And so I start week #8 of my journey...and I have a feeling it's gonna be a good week.

Good luck to everyone else and their goals.

We can do this ...one week at a time.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I was thinking about starting the couch to 5k program myself, but i'm postponing that until after my vacation. Well until after the first 3 days (i'm out of town then, but the rest of my vacation is local so i'm gonna start it then!). I managed to lose 3 pounds this past week making my goal of an 8 pound loss this month pretty likely. I'm pretty proud of myself. I even put on my work shirt today and it kind of looks like i'm wearing a potato sack, I can't wait to tell the owners I need a smaller size! I need some new runners to and plan on buying some this up and coming weekend. I also have to go bra shopping which i'm doing with a friend on wednesday or thursday. I'm kind of dreading that because my once 36DDD's have gotten quite a bit smaller and i'm expecting to have gotten to a large D. Last week I incorporated some Lean Cuisines into my diet on days I don't have much time to cook dinner (instead of always having the same old salads and tuna pitas!). This week my plan is to take more than half of my gym routine outdoors, since its so nice and sunny outside. I'm hoping to lose a good 2 pounds this coming week so I can be JUSt past the halfway mark on my monthly goal. Look forward to hearing how everyone does!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello all,

I'm back. I've been gone for almost ten mos. I just had a baby and want to start getting back to my pre-prego size or even lower than that.

I know this thread helped me a lot -keeping me honest about my efforts each day. Plus everyone on this thread always was so supportive and sweet.

So, today is my first day back and on my new weight loss journey.

Hello and nice to meet everyone in advance!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all, I'm new.

glitterlicious - how have you found the c25k program? I'm thinking about it, but I'm so daunted by the idea of running for even as long as a minute right now! I know that if I set my mind to it, I can follow the plan, I'm just too chicken right now!

Elegant Departure - congrats on your loss!

spillthebeans - congrats on your baby and starting to knock off the weight!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

glitterlicious - Good job on losing 2.5 pounds last week. A slip up now and then is still ok.

Elegant Departure - Isn't it great to have to get a smaller shirt. Things like that always make me feel good.

spillthebeans - Congrats on the baby. Is that a picture of him on your avatar?

practiceliving - welcome to the forum and good luck.

I lost 3 pounds last week. Which is amazing since I only lost like 2 pounds the entire month of June. I guess my increased work out is working. I went shopping this weekend (spent money I didn't have but everything was on sale). I got some long sleve shirts on sale from Old Navy because I have no winter clothing. I got them all on the small side because I knew when I would be wearing them I would need a smaller size. I also got two dresses one for a bridal shower I'm going to in two weeks and one for a wedding in September. Again both were on sale. Both dresses should still fit me if I loose some weight. It was nice to go shopping and not have to worry if the largest size in the store would fit me.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/202/155

Height: 5'9"

GLITTER -- 2.5 in a week is pretty good! Way to go!

ELEGANT -- 3 is also amazing. I hope I can keep up wy weight loss and stay with you ladies.

SPILL -- I'm new myself so hello and welcome (back)?!

PRACTICE -- Hey fellow newbie

REMEBER -- I hear that about hoping the largest sizes fit. I hate that. Or even worse, going into a store and realizing you can't wear ANYTHING. Especially when you're shopping with a skinny friend who tries on smalls and zeros!

I've lost 4 lbs this week and I've really hit a break through. For those who havent read my previous posts, I went to my doctor last week and he prescribed Phentermine for me. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant. But it can have some side effects for some people like elevated blood pressure and heart issues so I am being monitored by my doctor to ensure that everything's ok. Anyways, the pill has allowed me to cut my regular servings down to about 1/3 of what I usually eat. So, I am able to watch what I eat, but still eat many of the foods I would eat when I'm not trying to lose weight. So I don't feel deprived and it's actually working. I am getting excercise in too most afternoons and weekend mornings so that is helping as well but it is mind boggling to me that it isn't what I have been eating that got me into this mess, it's how much!
kirklin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #7  

This is my first post in a Weekly Chat forum. I am running approximately 2 miles three times a week. I've lost 1 lb in the past month. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I'll get there!
All of you have made wonderful progress. I can't wait until I can be right there with you!

spillthebeans: Your baby is super cute. Congratulations!
Anybody else that is thinking about running...you can do it! I didn't think I could either. What has helped me is having a partner. That way there are no excuses. I'm going to up my distance to 3 miles this week.
And if you want to do a C25K program I believe there is one at runnersworld.com.

Last edited by wvwitch; 07-10-2007 at 12:05 AM.
wvwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #8  

Well my plan this week is to go to softball tonight, and then go for at least 2 walks before Monday. I posted an ad on craigslist yesterday to see if I can find a buddy to do the Cool Runnings couch-to-5K program... hopefully I'll find someone.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #9  

This Friday I am having a "group reunion" with a bunch of my college friends. With few exceptions we haven't seen eachother in about a year. I'm very excited to see everyone, and more importantly for them to see me. Some have seen pictures, but it is very different to see me in person. Many of them have no clue unless they've heard about my weight loss though word of mouth. (Since I started losing weight last April I've lost 115 pounds and since I moved away from MSU I've lost 85 pounds so I look very different).

I'm also very nervous. I already planned to eat healthy that day, I'm probable going to go to Subway for lunch because we are leaving early to do outlet shopping before then I am meeting a friend at Monogolian BBQ for dinner. Which is great because I get the food cooked in no oil, lots of veggies, and chicken with very little sauce. It is a very health meal. But I am concerned because we are meeting up at a bar. My favorite bar actually. Normally I am very good about drinking and only having like one drink when I'm out but I know I am going to blow it. I went up there once in the last year (well twice but the first time I took my 3 year old nephew trick or treating so I'm not counting that) and within 3 minutes of me being there I had a drink in my hand (no joke). Then I have I don't remember how many during the three hours we were drinking. But more then I've had in the last 9 months. I can try and plan not to drink but I don't think it will work. Not that I have to drink to have fun but spending close to 6 hours at the bar is going to be a downfall for me (yes our plans are from 7 pm to 2 am). I know I'm going to get a long island because I love them (I'm going to ask for it with diet coke instead of regular). They are large so I'll probable get a diet coke to and alternate but I know my friends are going to be buying me drinks and I'll want drinks and it's just going to be bad.

So I don't know if this is a bad thing but I've kindof just resolved myself to the fact that I am going to go way over my calories because I'll be drinking. My thought is I haven't had a really bad day like this since I went up there in May and I probable wont do this again for a very long time. I'm consider a special occasion where I just need to take the day off from calorie counting. And Saturday back to life as normal.

Is this terrible of me?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #10  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

The c25k isn't as daunting as it seems if you take it at your own pace.
If you feel you aren't ready for the next week, repeat the week you're on until you feel ready.
I've been breezing through the program just because I am a college athlete. Granted I used to be a college athlete that had probably the worst cardiovascular fitness ever, but that is definetly changing. I can feel it already and I'm a little over halfway done with my 4th week.

This week has been going excellently so far...I'm all stressed out about tests and stuff but I think I'm managing my time well and preparing enough to avoid a total meltdown. And...I'm actually not using food to cope. It's wonderful
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

GLITTERLICIOUS: 2.5 pounds a week is marvelous! Good job!
I think I'm going to start C25K, because it sounds like a good idea and I like to make as much weight loss progress as possible.

REMEMBERHOWTOSMILE: I personally find it very hard to just have "one" drink unless it's a formal social situation or a little get together. If it's a full blown party and everyone's drunk, being the sober one just SUCKS! You might as well just get drunk... I mean, it sounds like you've exerted A LOT of self control for the past 9 months afterall.

I have generally been avoiding bars and parties altogether... how sad is that? Haha!

I'm down to 160 now, which makes a total of 15 pounds since I joined on May 31!! 5 more pounds and I won't be overweight anymore It looks like I'm going to be hitting my birthday goal early *crosses fingers* - if I DO, I'm setting a NEW birthday goal of saying goodbye to the 150's.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Nice job nightengaleshane on hitting 160! Are you gonna buy yourself a hot new outfit for your birthday to congratulate yourself?

TOM officially stopped by for me last night, which I knew was coming because of the most horrendous cramps i've been having the past two days. ( I never had cramps until I started dieting, but i'll take healthy over no cramps anyday!) I struggled with working outday because the cramps were so bad, so my jog had to be a walk, but with an extended amount of time. This evening i'm going bra shopping because at work yesterday I noticed just how bad my bra isn't supporting my tittens anymore. I shouldn't be out like this! I have a specific bra I use for work as my work bra tends to get super sweaty and gross (i walk a minimum of 3 hours a day in the hot hot heat!). I'm a little scared for how much my boobs have gone down. I started this journey as a 38DDD, and i'm currently at 36DD, so i'm assuming i'll hit just plain old D. But at least that means theres more selection of sexy bras out there for me! I hope everyones week is going well. I've put on a pound (DAMMIT TOM!) but i usually put on 2-3 during that time, so i'm crossing my fingers that i'll still have a loss next week when I weigh in. Until then..
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #13  

RemeberHowToSmile - I struggle with reconciling the drinking calories, too. I think in a case like this, where it's a "special" occasion, you just have to make the smartER choices - avoiding sugary drinks like margaritas or creamy drinks, and sticking to things like diet coke & rum (my fave "less bad" drink!). I'm a big believer that no matter what dietary changes we make, "life" has to fit into them, and sometimes that will mean going drinking with your friends. It would be very different if you were doing this frequently, but as a treat? Why not?

glitterlicious - Thanks for the input on C25K - glad to know that it really is do-able! I am so keen to get my old body back - I used to be an active athlete, too.

NightengaleShane - Congrats on hitting 160!

Elegant Departure - See, I *want* my girls to shrink as I lose weight! I want to be able to buy cheaper, cuter bras again, none of this 38G (...seriously) business.

I've gained the last two weeks - grrrr. I can pinpoint exactly where it all came from, so at least I'm aware. Now I just need to get back on track!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #14  

NightengaleShane - It's not sad that you avoid certain situtations that you don't think you can control. It takes a lot of restraint not to binge. That is why I'm resolving that Friday will be a "free day" when it comes to drinking. But I am sure I will be better then I was before. Good job on hitting 160. That is really an acomplishment. I have no doubt you will hit your birthday goal. (And then let it be a free day!)

practiceliving - I did the C25K program for 10 weeks in the begining of the year. Instead of doing each week once I would do them twice because I was still very out of shape. I was doing well until finals came and life stopped for everything but studying. I keep saying I'm going to start up again and just haven't done it. Maybe when classes start again and I stop going out of town so much.

As for me I plan on drinking diet coke and wiskey, or rum. I'm limiting myself to one long island (only because I love them from that place) with diet coke instead of regular. They are 25 oz so it should last me awhile. I plan to stay way from the bucket of beer (yes when I say bucket I mean they serve beer in 2.5 gallon buckets, with a picture, and 8 oz cups) that my friends will be drinking and away from any high sugar mixers.

Saturday I am going to a graduation party for my cousin. My goal is to avoid all of the high fat food and go for the salad, fruit, and hopefully some grilled chicken breast. I also plan on not drinking, lots of water, and only diet pop.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2"

NighteningaleShane that's amazing congrats to you! i guess that carb detox and your hard work is definitely paying off. i'm so proud!

as for me, i've been at 119 for almost 3 weeks. i don't know what to do. i've increased my exercise to get out of that 119, but nothing. it's kinda taking me down ..any suggestions, or pieces of advice? also, is it really bad to eat fruit at every meal? thanks ladies!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote