Old 09-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat September 3 - 9

Hey everyone!

How was everyones labor day weekends? Mine was exhausing I went to go visit my parents (they live 9 hours away from me and we got stuck in traffic because of an accident that had a 3 hour delay). It was nice to go see them because I think it's the last time I will get to go until Christmas. I stayed on plan the entire time I was there (amazing!).

Sorry for a short vent story but . . . I was talking to my mom and she told me that my aunt (who I haven't seen in like 3+ years) told my grandma that I must have had the gastic bypass surgery to lose my weight. I could not believe it! She knows nothing about me, my sister mentioned that I had lost a bunch of weight when she talked to her after my grandfather surgery and my grandma had mentioned it to her and her automatic assumption is that I can't do it on my own. This makes me so angry that people assume that I have no self control and couldn't do this on my own! Sorry about the vent.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

That is SO annoying! Can you say something? spread the word somehow that you did in fact WORK your *** off for every single flipping pound? sorry hun! that sucks!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey amigas,

My weekend was kind of boring since today is the first day of school and I had a crapload of pre-first day homework. So I spent a gorgeous weekend mostly in my room doing work. Sigh. It is supposed to be beautiful out all week though, so maybe I can squeeze in a walk in the park later this week before summer is truly over.

And I've been PMSing like crazy and having a tough time sticking to my diet, but because I've got everything planned out to the tiniest detail, my one PMS-related "binge" was some carrot sticks and some hummus that's about to expire and needs to go anyway. So, I'm feeling good about that. I even survived a day at my parents' house (the hardest place for me to eat right) and stuck to my plan, eating the food I brought plus making my dad buy me veggie burgers to keep me off the PB&J sandwiches.

Remember: congrats on your size 14 suit! I bet that will contribute to your confidence walking into those interviews. I have to confess, I've been squeezing my size 16 *** into size 14 suits, with the help of control top pantyhose. Size 16 suits can be hard to find! And that aunt is obviously just jealous that you are young and have the self-control and self-respect to work as hard as you are. That must be really frustrating for you, but you can't let petty people get you down.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #4  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Remember: I am sorry to hear that about your aunt. You are doing great.

I hate it when people say,"Wow, you look great! How did you lose all this weight?" And you reply, working out 5-6 days a week and watching what I eat. And you get the "Oh!" Like that isn't amazing in itself to be consistent and making a lifestyle change. Everyone also says, "I wish I had the time to go to the gym" Like I am not busy either. I make time between work, kids, husband and all of the other demands in life. Seems like there are always people who want to bring you down or negate everything that you have worked so hard for. That's why I like this site. I wish I would have known about it 10 months ago when I first started.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #5  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My labor day weekend was exhausting also! It was a weekend long party, with way too much food and alcohol! So needless to say my weight has stalled, but after seeing some recent pics of myself I am back on track this week with diet and exercise!

Remember - Try not to worry about your aunt's comment! Think of it this way...you've lost SO much weight, she thinks you must have had help! You must really be doing a great job!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #6  

I’m glad that everyone else agrees with me on how catty and annoying my aunt is. This reminds me of why I don’t talk to her in the first place. My mom did tell my Grandma that I didn’t have gastric-bypass surgery but apparently my Grandma (who is a little crazy) said that I could have done it without telling anyone. Which from what I’ve heard it has a very long recovery time and there is no way that I could have keep it secrete from my family. Nor would I. My mom tried to explain that it was a very invasive surgery and she didn’t think I would do it except. I was going to say something but sometimes it is not worth the fight with people. Especially when I only got to see them for a day and a half. (Now I am not intending to bash on people who make that choice it just bothers me that now a days everyone assumes that is the only way you can lose weight).
Eastcoastgirl – how is your semester starting? I hate the pre class homework (luckly I only had assignments in two of my classes before the first day.) How did all of your interviews go? I turned in my OCI stuff today so hopefully I will get some interviews. And my suits look better with the control tops then without actually I just bought a bunch of shapewear to wear under my every day clothing, suits, and dresses to smooth out the extra skin (I thought when I lost weight I would finally be out of shapeware guess not).

Dreamer - I'm glad this week is going better I know you had a rought time last week. You in my thoughts.

Alliesmom – I agree with you that it is annoying when people are shocked that there is no big secrete just hard work.

Brittany – Good luck this week. I’m sure you’ll bounce back.

I had an interesting comment with my roommate (who is thin but has a small beer stomach) about weight loss today. I think she was really surprised that I am very comfortable talking about it. (Which has taken me a really long time). We were watching the biggest loser and you know how you can tell people have questions about weight loss but are afraid to ask that is how things were (and have been for awhile). So I just used that as a seg-way to talk about everything. She knew me before I lost the weight so it was interesting. It still surprise me how uncomfortable other people are with my weight loss and how uncomfortable it is for them to complement me on it (although I get complements all the time most are slightly awkward). I sometimes want to say to people, yes I am aware that I was fat, now I’m not as fat, and yes I know the rest of the world knows it too.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #7  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi girls!
I have been on and off of 3FC for a couple of years, but I want to get back into the habit of posting more..I have just been "lurking" all the time!

Dreamer - I love your profile picture! She is so inspirational for having a healthy body

Remember - I can't believe that! I think that is totally ridiculous...you should be very proud of everything you've accomplished.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

remember-i'm sorry ppl have to be so annoying, but we're all proud of you and know how you did it, so who cares what they think
eastcoast-thats great that you stuck w/ plan while at your parents!
dreamer-i know how you feel, i wish i controlled my surroundings and situations so that i could have them happen the way i want, but i've come to realize that i am in fact NOT in control and never will be....

my labor day was fine, nothing exciting went to see dbil in icu and he's about the same still on a vent and still sedated, has pneumonia and a blood bacteria, so please don't forget to say a quick prayer for him...then on monday dh and i went to the movies and saw 1408 (i thought it was stupid) n e who...thats it
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #9  
alliesmom00

Remember- You hit the nail on the head with the awkwardness everyone has a weight loss. I had someone at work today say something and I could tell she was very uncomfortable. SO to smooth things over she compared my weight loss to the baby weight she is still losing, you know to get back into her size 4 pants. She is in a huge 6 now. Not sure that we are dealing with the same issue. It is nice to get the comments though.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser flashback last night? I was excited because I have actually lost more than some of the contestants. However, I wouldn't want to be on a scale on national tv. Hope everyone has a nice end of the week. Weeks are too long, weekends too short. Need I say more?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

lurker here...but I'm trying to post more.

My weekend was nice. I went to see some friends that I haven't seen since the beginning of Summer. Got into a bit of a tiff with one of them...but it'll blow over. I saw "Balls of Fury"...it was an ok movie. Not sure I'd spend seven bucks to see it if I had the chance again, but I liked it. Some people I went with hated it. I think I had really low expectations for it and was pleasantly surprised. Now I'm back home and a little bored.

lots2go: you didn't like 1408? I guess a big reason I liked it so much was because of John Cusack. *swoon*
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #11  

Michelle - Welcome back. I remember you from before. Acutally what I remember is looking at your buddy icon, thinking I wish I could wear a custom like that . . . one day.

Alliesmom - My roommate turned on the biggest loser flash back episode and that is how we actually started talking about my weight loss. It just seemed to break the ice on the subject. I don't think it would be that embarassing, but I've gotten fairly secure in my weight loss and if people ask me questions I have no problem anwsering them. Some people find it is weird that I will tell anyone who ask what my weight is and how much I've lost but as you all said I considered it an acomplishment.

Lots2go - I hope your bil is doing ok. I've heard from a lot of people that they don't like 1408, I thought it was really good but I am a big Stephan King fan.

Quiet Ballerina - Welcome to the forum, quit being a lurker and start posting, you'll get more out of it.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Actually, I have WONDERFUL news abt my bil....they took him off the vent yesterday and he can talk and remembers everything abt the accident...PTL!
Yeah I was expecting 1408 to be scarier, I don't get much out of movies that seem to just be a mind game? Not sure if that makes sense, like The Village...I didn't much care for that one either...
I agree Quiet Ballerina, start talkin' we'd love to get to know you
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #13  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

HI...

I've been on hiatus and was not so good... my db came back from a family visit and we had a wedding and several parties... I still kept the weight from last week off... which is happy. The sad thing is that he left for OCS yesterday... I won't see him for so long. I guess it's only 3 months, but we've never been apart that long. My schedule is insane, but my goal is to get back on track with walking and writing what I eat and to lose half of what I want to lose by his graduation!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #14  
alliesmom00

Got on the scale this morning and showed gain of 2 1/2 pounds. I hate days like this ugh!!! However last night tried on pants I bought months ago and had hoped to one day fit into them. Triumph last night, gloom this morning. Off to work I go
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #15  

Lots2go – That is so good to hear about your brother in law!!!

Hope2loseit4good – At least you didn’t gain anything. This may sound a little weird but I find that my weight loss goes better when I have a million things going on because I find I have to plan everything in so that I can get anything done.

Alliesmom – I’m sure it is just water weight. I fluctuate the same 5 pounds every week. Good job on fitting into the smaller pants.

I thought I would share another story with you all because it’s seems to be my topic of the week (people talking about my weight loss). I was talking to a good friend of mine before class yesterday and he said “you know my roommate (insert name), she wanted me to tell you how good you look this year. I told her to tell you yourself but she is afraid that it would embarrass you or something. I tried telling her that I’m sure you would take it as a compliment but she still didn’t want to say anything”. I replayed with a thank you, that I do take it as a compliment that I’m incredible comfortable talking about who I am and how I’ve changed so it doesn’t embarrass me. I just laughed a little because I was just posting the same thing a few days ago.