Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** Weekly Chat July 1 - 8

I noticed no one had started a weekly chat tread. And apparently I am just in the mood to start threads this week. This is like the fourth one in like 2 days.

Last weekend was ok. I made some bad choices on Friday when I went to my brothers for the fireworks. I packed a nice sandwich, yorgut, plums, and diet coke. So I started off well. But when we got to his house their were doughnuts, not just doughnuts but two dozen Krispy Kream. I gave in and had one. My calories were low that day so I figure what can it hurt. Well I got so sick from it. Apparently my body can’t take that much fat. Terrible choice.

I’m excited because this is my last week of class for the summer then I have a paper due and my final. My paper is going well I have a little over half of it done.

How is everyone else doing this week?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

You're not the only one who made bad choices on Friday - I did too. I went out to MACARONI GRILL, and even though I ate 1/2 my food and 1/2 the bread, I still had some cake, and totaled for the day at around 2,500 calories - OUCH!

The last few days, I've kicked ***, though, and met all my dietary guidelines. Today is day 1 of my carb detox and I have all my food cut out for me. I won't cheat!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #3  

Oh... RememberHowToSmile... Krispy Kreme made you sick? DAMN! I wish MY body would get that resistant towards fatty foods! I'd never eat them again! Unfortunately, no matter how long I stay with a low fat diet, IF for one day, I want to eat fatty things, nothing happens to me physically. Emotionally, it's an entirely different story - I usually feel guilty and then gross (all in my head) for eating so much grease and fat when I could have eaten something healthy.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm actually pretty excited and looking forward to this month. I have my vacation the 3rd of August so i'm looking forward to getting down to 140-142 by then. I'm gonig to visit my dad on one of the gulf islands, and he has a hot tub, as well as theres lakes everywhere. It would be nice to not feel to embarassed in a swimsuit. I am NOT looking forward to my dads cooking, he'll be hurt if i say no to meals. I have on the other hand forwarned him of my accomplishments thus far and he's agreed to let me make my own breakfast and lunches, and he's going to adhere to the South Beach Diet for dinner (he's done this diet and figures even though it's not particularly what i'm following it'll make for a healthy meal regardless). Finally the sun is coming out in vancouver which makes me happy. I don't know about you guys, but a nice tan makes me feel more confident, and also makes my arms appear thinner!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  

NightengaleShane - going out to eat is the hardest for me because it is so hard to make good choices. But at least you only ate half of your dinner and half of the bread. I find it funny because now I hardely ever eat my entire portion at a resturant whereas before I use to scarf the entire thing down.

I think the reason the Krispy Kream made me sick is two part. First I had my gallbadder removed back in Novermber (it was an emergancy surgery no fun). I didn't know this but the only purpose of you gallbladder is to digest fat. Most people are able to go back to eating a couple of weeks after the surgery. Some people (like me) have long term side effects were their body has exterme difficutly digesting fat. I can have about 30 grams of fat a day before I start to get sick from it. Nausa, fever, digestive problems. The other part of it is I think since I haven't been able to eat fat in so long that my body has somewhat become intolerant to it.

Can you explain the carb detoxic to me. Is it similar to the first couple of weeks on Adkins?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  

Talking

Yeah, carb detox is similar to the first 2 weeks on Atkins and on South Beach. My weight hasn't really budged much for a week or two, so I need to get it going again! Atkins seems to have around a 20-25g carb limit, though. Mine's more like 50g, though staying around 20 is ideal. Today, I'm going to be having around 35. My norm since dieting was 150-200g and before dieting, oh, well, we won't even go there

You know, I think if I was more body-obsessive (I once had my days), I would wish for my gall bladder to get removed so that I couldn't eat fat anymore! I used to wish that I would develop hyperthyroid just so that I could lose more weight (all I'd have to do is NOT take a pill!), but my days of compromising my health for weight loss are thankfully over.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #7  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Haha. I need some carb detox after eating a plate of spaghetti last night.

Last week I ended up losing 4 pounds which I am excited about. Half a pound away from the 20 pound loss milestone. I visited a friend I haven't seen since I started and she said she could definitely tell I lost weight. I'm starting to feel stronger and healthier every day.

My visit wasn't the healthiest with the spaghetti and all, but I did do pretty well despite the circumstances. Plus everyone needs a treat every once in a while, right? And when we ate out I did order a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a burger.

Not expecting a big loss this week but I'm going to just keep on pushing forward.

We can do this everyone, one week at a time. I am going to try my hardest to make the rest of this week a great one.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, I haven't been around in a while. I've decided to come back and get on the diet boat. I have realized that I MUST start exercising and eating right NOW. I can no longer procrastinate and then complain because I'm overweight. Plus, I know earlier in the year when I was doing so much better, I felt great. I even began to look at myself and think I was getting smaller (which I probably wasn't), but I did feel that way because I was taking care of myself better. I CAN do this and I know it...it will just take time and patience.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #9  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

I played basketball today and I felt stronger and faster and better than ever before.

Woo hoo.

Gotta love starting to see the benefits of working out.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #10  

Shauna - welcome back

glitterlicious - Playing basketball is great. I still haven't gotten myself up to doing any type of physical activity in front of other people.

So I got an IM from a classmate of mine today asking me if I would consider moving in with her next year instead of renewing my lease for my current apartment. I'm not sure what to do. I haven't lived with anyone since my freshman year of college and that ended poorly. I had some things that were similar to living with someone else but not exactly the same. Plus I'm concerned about what she will think about my eating habits. She keeps Kosher so i wouldn't have to worry about sharing my food but I'm wondering if my health eating habits would get me labelled as weird. I'm going to meet with her tomorrow and talk about things and view the building (I've seen her apartment but not the rest of the building).
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #11  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I doubt that a person with dietary restrictions would judge another with them. More often, you end up commiserating over how hard it is to find food you can eat, etc. That's been my experience, at least. But don't feel afraid to say no; you really have to watch out for yourself when it comes to living situations.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone

this week is going well for me, down to 173.5 this morning, an all time low! I am starting to realize that I will have to buy new clothes soon. All my clothes are getting very... spacious!

About the fat "indigestion"... I think, Shane, that the emotional affect is probably enough. A few weeks ago I convinced myself I'd survive Greek take out... 6oz of lamb/beef; yogurt sauce; tons of greek salad; and the first white bread I had eaten in weeks (pita) later, my mind AND my stomach were wreaking havoc on my body. It sucked, and I definitely learned my lesson!

glitterlicious - I've never been a big basketball player at all. Growing up, since I was "so tall" (compared to you I'm a shorty!) people used to say all the time, "You must play basketball!". I bet you got the same thing, but sounds like you responded differently

rememberhowtosmile - what is their motivation for having you in the apartment? did they just have a roommate back out? can you find out if there was some big reason why? it could mean trouble!

hope everyones tuesday goes well! I have a graduation party to attend tonight (yikes!) and then tomorrow, of course, is the 4th and I have an all day barbecue to attend then. Should be a test of willpower!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #13  

Cool Wish me Luck!!!

Alright, so I've been on weight watchers and have lost a few lbs. sooo far! But tomorrow is going ot be a doozy...got invited to a cookout a looong time ago, so I'm going to enjoy the food, however I'm making a WW dessert, hope it turns out okay, since that will be only mode of 'sweets'....

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
KROLDRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

NightengaleShane you look gorgeous in your avatar!

i did pretty well today with exercise and my diet. the morning wasn't so good though. i had a bowl of healthy cereal, some fruit, and then half a melted cheese sandwich. (slap, slap!). luckily, lunch and dinner i ate well, and exercised for 70 minutes, with 15 minutes of butt/thigh exercises!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #15  

Lisa -
Good point I didn't think of that.

cagesorwings -
She has to find a roommate to keep her two bedroom two bathroom apartment. Last year she rented the apartment and used the school's roommate finder service to find a roommate. Well I think her old roommate failed out. He stopped attending classes a while ago (and that doesn't fly in law school). So from what I've heard he moved home. I think she is looking looking for a female roommate becuase we tend to be more clean. We have known met our freshman year of undergrad and have talked off and on since then. He is paid though August so she isn't desperate yet. I'm still thinking about it.