Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I've been baaaaad...

Okay, so the last couple of days, I've been soooo bad. I have eaten constantly and I made cookies and a bunch of other crap I shouldn't have made. I also had a bunch of icecream. I guess you could say it was my first binge that I've noticed. So, I need some help...I need some motivation. Please tell me that I'm going to get over that and get back on track. Water and exercise today!...oh, and salads...I can do this!!!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you already know what you need to get back on track! I had a pretty major binge on Thursday night (3500 calories of binge) BUT I just kept on truckin and eating the way I should and I have managed to still lose 2 pound since then! You can do it! Don't give in to the sweet little devils!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

You and I are going to be going through the same thing!! I just got back from vacation, where the meals consisted of homemade muffins, ice cream and lots and lots of bbq's. I told myself I could have one bowl of ice cream during that time, but one turned into two. While my portions may have been small on the 'bad' foods, i often found myself also having snacks. The only thing I kept true to was only drinking water and staying away from the sugary juices. This was also my first binge since i've started (unless you count two nights of excess drinking). I've only been back for about 16 hours and I've gotten back on track right away. you can do this too!I've been doing the salads, veggies and high fiber cereal since i've gotten back. Everyone will every once in a while have one of these 'binges'. I mean come on! This is a health change that we're all going to need to stick to for life, and to think we will NEVER ever have a slip up, a bowl of ice cream or whatnot is un realistic. I find these binges to just be a true test to ourselves. If we're able to get back on track and continue the healthy lifestyle, even with the occasional slip up, we've still succeeded!! Good luck with getting back on track, i know you can do it!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/See the ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default it happens

You know it always seems like when you mess up the thing to do is keep eating because hey...you've already messed up once why not make it worth it. But that's the easy way out. It's a lot harder to stop and say ok I didn't do so hot but now I need to refocus and keep going the right way, which is why you come here! You have already done so much..13lbs closer to goal and this was just a little side step, you can do it! I hope you know that you've got the support here when you need it! Good luck!
kelsothered23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It means so much and helps a lot!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #6  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello. This is my very first post on this site. It seems like we are on the same page here. I have lost 65 pounds since Nov. by exercising and portion control, but I just went on vacation for two weeks and gained back 6 pounds. I even came back one day early to hit the gym hard for a 2 hour class they offer. Anyway just looking for others out there like me who are trying to make a lifestyle change.

Last edited by alliesmom00; 08-07-2007 at 04:46 PM.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #7  

yeah, i believe we are all trying to do the whole lifestyle change thing...hang in there. we can do this together!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 AM   #8  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

I had the same problem.. i went down to my grandma's for a week and binged out. Ice cream, cookies, cakes.. whatever.. and watched a lot of tv. very bad i didnt feel bad til after i came home and actually looked at the scale. I really wanted to give up (as.. i have so many times before). But I keep trying to motivate myself on how good i WILL look once I lose the weight. and how good i WILL feel after all the hard work. I think I might get out my old size 9 jeans (god when the **** did i fit into those??) and put them out as a constant reminder of where i'd like to be.

I wish you a ton of luck on your weightloss journey!! we can do this!!!!
xDas7x is offline   Reply With Quote