Old 05-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

Looking good girls!!
I'll have to go shopping so I can contribute

Sockmonkey - I love your style! I've never heard of Cato - what kind of store is it?

Kella - Love the top! You're definately not too old for that shirt - I'm 25 and I'd wear it
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Okay, these are two outfits that I bought this weekend. I love the tops (they're the same, different colors). It's hard to tell, but they are not just tees.. they are the softest, most lightweight material, and the V kind of 'cinches' just a bit to accent your chest. If they had more colors, I would have bought them. They did have a pretty blue, but only in bigger sizes (these are 1x). I did buy a similar style at oldnavy.com, and I am hoping they really are like these when I get them. The capris are Dockers, and not something I probably would have ever tried on.. but I was trying to be open minded, and I love them. I think they fit really well. For me, this is the 'capri' length that I like to go for. Anything that hits at the knee seems to cut my legs 'in half' and just make them look fatter.

I can't believe I am posting my fat on the internet.. haha.

Anyway!

Outfit 1

Outfit 2

Side View (and yes I am holding it in a bit, haha)

And a close up so you can see the neckline (I have a black tank under the blank one and a white under the coral one)
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #18  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

I have a black top just like yours. I love the cinch at the collar. Very simple but feminine! Very nice pants too! Isn't it great to find pants that don't make you all lumpy everywhere? LOL. You have a very nice shape. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Just think of how great you'll look 50 pounds from now if you look good now LOL.

Yay shopping!

PS. Your walls/doors/trim look just like mine. Do you live in the other half of my duplex?haha.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 05-15-2007 at 02:44 AM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:41 AM   #19  
I have less blubber!

Silverplum Cato is a store that sells fashionable clothes but a good bit cheaper than a dept store. (Usually the fabric isn't as good of quality in the shirts, but since I am losing weight longevity isn't an issue right now LOL) I am sure you have stores like that with different names. It's a big chain around here though. They have a misses (0-16) and plus sized (14W-28W) section that both keep the same styles, which I love because I feel like I can wear the same things as the skinny girls LOL.

Found the website..Woot woot! The website only shows a couple of their pieces, but there is a store locator if you're interested.

http://www.catofashions.com/
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #20  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Kella, the outfit is cute, and I love that shower curtain! Where did you get that?
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #21  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

i actually am a HUGE fan of Old Navy. I find that their clothes fit me better,and are more the style I like. i've tried fashion bug, and Kohls and whatnot but i dont like their clothing. I used to, before I was in plus sizes. That being said, the only thing I've bought recently is a few old navy tees, ill try and take some pics! Great thread idea!
jessicarenee331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

sockmonkey I think you have the right idea about the belt......the outfit reminds me of one I had as a kid all black and white and red.....I had no weight problems then...sigh
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedHousewife View Post
Kella, the outfit is cute, and I love that shower curtain! Where did you get that?
Thanks! The shower curtain gets a lot of love, actually. I bought it about a year ago at a clearance sale at Hecht's in Nashville. It was like $7 or something ridiculous like that. It makes up for the sorry state of the rest of my bathroom. Er, I meant the rest of my house.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
Kella I really like your black top! Very cute! I love polka dots! (and you have stunning eyes) It looks great on you.

I swear that is just the shirt puckering funny under the belt, not a roll LOL. My muffin is lower than that. I will try the belt a notch looser and see if it is better.

I think the belt is really cute, too. But it does look like it's doing something funny to the top. I tried on a top very much like that and it wasn't happening for me at all. I think it's because I'm so short-waisted I couldn't pull off the high belt. Oh well.

And thank you for the compliment about my eyes. Every year when it's time to get new contacts I've made up my mind to get colored ones and every year RIGHT BEFORE my appointment someone tells me my eyes are pretty and I decide to let 'em stay their original color. Ha. I've always thought that their color makes me look more washed out in general (they're sort of super-light grey, in case the picture isn't clear enough) and I think they should be some sort of lovely medium blue.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #25  
I have less blubber!

Medium Blue is boring LOL. I think those pale blue eyes are stunning! My sister has eyes like that (actually you look a lot like my sister as a whole!) and I was always so envious. I get the plain old dookie brown.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
Medium Blue is boring LOL. I think those pale blue eyes are stunning! My sister has eyes like that (actually you look a lot like my sister as a whole!) and I was always so envious. I get the plain old dookie brown.
Aww, you're so sweet! But they're still just as grey as ever. I know I should embrace them because it's not a common eye color any more and the only other person I know who has the same color is my great-grandmother and she's dead. But hey, I'm shallow. What can I say.

Preview for today's internet fashion show: two identical silk button-down tops in different colors, my very favorite but maybe too boring black dress, and a wildly patterned dress I bought six months ago and have never, ever worn. When I'm back this afternoon I'll take some pictures.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #27  
I have less blubber!

Gah I wish I wasn't in the middle of moving. I have most of my cute things at my other house. I will try to get them today or tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #28  

Is this going to be a forum? I sure hope so! That way if I nees some advice on an outfit, all I would have to do is upload a few pictures to get some advice as to what or what not to wear.
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #29  
I have less blubber!

Yes. Totally Konrad.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I have some new clothes, can I just post them, or do I have to be wearing them?
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote