Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everyone :)

I am not new to 3FC, but I am new to this section! Not sure how I missed it down here all of this time.

So, hi! My name is Kim and I am a 22 y/o work from home mommy to an adorable little girl. My husband is commissioning into the Navy soon as an officer, and he has lost about 20 lbs over the last few months and looks great! Now me, I'm a different story. I have fallen off the wagon a few times, but I am back on now. The hardest part for me is finding the time in the day to get to the gym, so I am focusing on what I am eating a lot right now and trying not to do the whole 'well, I can't go to the gym.. so I may as well eat cookies' thing. I also have a tendency of giving into stress by eating, it's a terrible habit! So, I made a menu for this week and shopped by it, and I plan to stick to it! Breakfast this morning was some Total w/ 2% milk and a banana... and lunch was a yummy salad of mixed greens, diced apple and tomato, a bit of shredded cheese and a measured amount of italian dressing. I am really trying to eat healthy, but eat normally. I don't want to be a slave to frozen meals or meal replacements, ya know?

I was pretty much 190 lbs or so through my late teens (and a size 14/16), and currently I am 207.5 (and a size 18). I was down to 202 last month before I fell off the wagon, so I know that I can do it! My mini goal is to get down to 200 by the end of June, if not before. Ultimately, I think I'd like to get down to 150 and then evaluate where I am... but I'd be happy just to shop 'normal' sizes in 'normal' stores!

Anyway, that's my story and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you! I can use all of the accountability partners that I can get.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #2  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Welcome! I'm a military wife too, (USMC) with two little ones. It's hard being slave to their schedules and finding time to exercise, too. I try to incorporate them as much as possible. It makes it more fun.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome Kim!! And good job on losing 20#! That is fab!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! You can do it! If you can't stay on the wagon, chase after it till you run all of that weight off LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

Hey girl! I am an Air Force wife.. I tell ya I gained more weight after DH went into the military than ever in my life...its a stressful life. But I know you can do it girl....so hop back onto the wagon and don't beat yourself up over falling off...the past is the past..but only you can change your future.. :-)

Have you tried a structured plan like Weight Watchers? I personally love weight watchers..it really helps also if you are having issues with portion control...

Is there a way that you and your husband can work out together before he goes away? I would love if my hubby would do that..unfortantely though he eats junk left and right and doesnt gain weight..

Good luck!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote