Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/166/135

Height: 5'5.5"

My favorite favorite jeans are from express. I am a total apple shape and the rise is perfect on their W31 jeans. Love them.
janamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #17  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Wow! You girlies have come up with some great information and fabulous suggestions! Thanks!!
I think I might try the AE jeans, but, I always feel about 10 years too old to shop there so I never even think about it (I am 23). I guess I was totally wrong about that!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #18  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Chico's has a pretty decent jean for people with no butt.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #19  

I am shaped like your standard pear- small-med breast, don't gain much weight above the waist. I have a very defined waist and a big butt, heavy thighs and legs. If something fits in the thighs and butt, I have that loose, open waist thing going on. I'm pretty high-waisted, too, and with short legs, so I can't do low-rise. They just look awful on me, plus I pick up children all day, I need to be able to bend over without showing off the twin hams. I actually found that Target has a pair of stretchy Levis that are perfect, and cheap, too. (I can get them on sale for under $25) They are dark wash without all of the fading (girls with heavy bottoms, DO NOT do the 'faded' jean. It makes you look bigger) and they are not too flared out at the bottom, just a boot cut. My only gripe is that in the past year, they have started making them about 2 inches longer, so I have to get them tailored, because the short is TOO short.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #20  

OK Wisher, I think we have the same body and we get the same jeans, LOL. That's what my tag says, too.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Charlotte,
Don't feel too old to shop at AE... =) Like I said, I worked there for 5 years, up until this January, and I'm 24. Our age is actually their target market. (Scary enought!) There are a lot of people that shop there, even people my parent's ages!
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #22  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I am an hour glass shape. When I gain weight, I gain it everywhere. My butt is big, but my boobs even it out.

Old Navy Low Rise Flares. They hit me about a half inch below the belly button so no muffin top, and the flare evens out my shape so I look more proportioned.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Try Vanity! I swear by them, I won't buy jeans anywhere else... The store has different brands but Vanity brand is the best (and cheapest) my favorite is the "Ani's" My belly is my problem area but my legs are very short. This is the only store I can walk into, find my size, try them on and they fit! Also, sometimes they have huge sales on their jeans, that's always fun
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a heavy mid-section and am relatively short (5'3") and I love fashion bug 5 pocket rodeo fit short jeans. They have both short and petite jeans but I like short because they have the larger hips then buying petite.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm very brand-loyal when it comes to jeans. For the past few years, all I've bought have been Lane Bryant's low-rise flares. They're not low enough to give me a muffin top, they come in a beautiful super-dark wash, there's a tiny amount of stretchiness in them, they last for ages, the "petite" version is EXACTLY the right length for my legs, and they're about $30 each. They run from a size 14 up to a 28, so hopefully (soon!) I'll be to skinny for 'em. But not yet.

Link for the interested:

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.co...392&pagesize=3
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #26  

Height: 5'8

i just buy whatever fits right, i have yet to find a brand that caters to my body changes.. one brand that fit me while i was heavier, no longer does.. and one that fit me before i gained weight.. no longer does either.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #27  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

One thing I've heard a lot from watching what not to wear on TLC is that many women have a problem with pants being too tight on the legs and then big in the waist. They recommend getting pants that fit you well in the thigh and then get the waist altered to make it fit right. The dry cleaner can probably do this or if you're good at sewing, which i'm not u can do it yourself. This actually works really well. You want the pant leg to go straight down, if it's tight at your thight and loose around your knee it makes you look like a funnel which isn't flattering. Get the bigger size that will allow the pant to fall straight down and then get the waist tailored. It's an option for looking ten times better at your current weight.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #28  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorefatpants View Post
One thing I've heard a lot from watching what not to wear on TLC is that many women have a problem with pants being too tight on the legs and then big in the waist.
Ha! I have the opposite problem!!

I don't have a stereotypically womanly build---- my high hip bones make fitting things in the waist area super fun (*read: tight*) my lack of hips means that then below the form-fitting waist my jeans are baggy at the sides, there is always a surplus of material in the bum area due to my complete lack of one and there is always some bagginess in the entire leg area from thighs to ankles. AND I am a "short" not petite, not regular. Errrgh.

Whoa am I a whinger today!!! Heehee.

So, I got the AE jeans and they fit better than the ones that I tried at the GAP, Old Navy and Express. But still not ideal so my search will continue unabated...........

And...... I have noticed on my now many fruitless shopping expeditions that apparently size 6 is the least stocked size!! Geez! Isn't that just typical--- my size (no matter what it was from 24W to 6) is always the most popular and I always have to rummage to find my size!!!!
And I am sure that everyone here has the EXACT SAME problem. It totally sux.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #29  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Did you try on AG (Adriano Goldschmied) Jeans? or AE-which i'm guessing is american eagle... I stand by my AG "Angels" endorsement
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/155/137

Height: 5'5

The only jeans I have ever found to fit my disproportioned body almost perfectly is Levi Strauss Mid rise stretch boot cut jeans, size 14, usually found at Wal*mart for under $25. I have a flabby stomach from having 2 babies, I have always had wide hips, always had kind of a ghetto booty, and in the last 4 years have gained what I lovingly refer to as thunder thighs. Any other jeans I buy either need to be a 16 or an 18 and they gap at the back when I sit down or bend over. I do home daycare so to have my @$$ hanging out all day is inappropriate.
kasserz is offline   Reply With Quote